What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the Bosphorus straits are now closed.

I think situation is different, first of all Islamists don't scare me. Maybe because I come from place run by Islamist, and I like them, they are good people. I can't speak for Egyptian Islamists. But, they were elected democratically, I'm sure they would've lost election in 2014 if people didn't want them, and they can't control army in Egypt, Egyptian army is very independent. So I don't believe they held anyone hostage.

Turkey, is seen as situation related to overall regional developments, and hence why many would have gotten upset. Because it began looking like successive organized agenda against moderate Islamists, and frustration was piling up. I never support coup of any kind, I prefer democratic process to be observed.

The country was not threatened by AKP, on contrary seemed like Turkish people were united strongly. And bombings in beginning were very stupid. Also timing is stupid, Turkish people were not in mood for troubling situation and preferred stability right now.
ok then I am sure that once Erdogan is done with the army there will be no one to stop him he will have unlimited control over turkey and he will never give up power even if he lose in any election lets wait and see

I support el sisi it is simple I would choose anyone over a brotherhood member they are not even Egyptians to me they are foreign invader
morsi planed to take part in the Syrian crisis using the Egyptian state and army to support his terrorist friends
morsi was planning to take over the country by making all other institutions loyal only to the brotherhood
they were already attacking anyone opposing morsi in the streets threating us by their connections to other terror groups around the middle east they even released the takfiri terrorists from prisons who took part in the 80s terror attacks in Egypt it was clear what they wanted to do
Are they still allowed to participate any type of local elections. Or they are banned forever or they have time bar.

ok then I am sure that once Erdogan is done with the army there will be no one to stop him he will have unlimited control over turkey and he will never give up power even if he lose in any election lets wait and see
You mean to say , he now has Lions ride ? ...if falls.

Are they still allowed to participate any type of local elections. Or they are banned forever or they have time bar.
they are banned for ever but ever since they gave up protesting and riots the government just let them be
that doesn't mean they gave up they just realized how the public cant stand them they are just waiting for any sign of weakness

Can someone plz confirm the status of istanbul airport...i have a transit flight from there on monday.. keeping fingers crossed.

if people can stop military coup they can also throw the powerful Erdogan out as well, there is a lesson for all in this coup saga,

it seems turkish military needs more training and unity. i dont know whether it is good or bad for their country but certainly the thugs sitting in pak parliament are happy

Sir, that depends on what u mean by starting principles. For us it will mean more secularism.

But for erdogan it will mean more Islamism and less secularism.But if the people want it in a democracy like turkey,nobody can do anything. Why else did the coup fail? And AKP ia still popular.

By founding principles, I mean the Article 4 of Turkey, which the current government is planning to abolish.

Those are (From Wikipedia):

The Article 4 declares the immovability of the founding principles of the Republic defined in the first three Articles and bans any proposals for their modification. The preamble also invokes the principles of nationalism, defined as the "material and spiritual well-being of the Republic". The basic nature of Turkey is laïcité (2), social equality (2), equality before law (10), the Republican form of government (1), the indivisibility of the Republic and of the Turkish Nation (3.1)." Thus, it sets out to found a unitary nation-state based on the principles of secular democracy.

Of course, what the present President-led government has in mind seems to be very different. Hence it abhors the secular state, its founder and all the related values.

The coup attempt appeared to be doomed to fail from the beginning. And it will produce a strongman the world has not witnessed in recent history -- sadly. Couple that strong man with a yearning for Ottomanist orthodoxy and Islamic Brotherhood-style theocracy. Very unfortunate.

The Palace will both de facto and de jure take over the whole government apparatus. Military will be violently purged. The Palace-supported police (including private security firms with ties with the current President) will gain upper hand and absolute control of civil life in Turkey.

Last edited:
We are going off-topic but...
I have never voted for NS or any PML flavor before. He is not a coward. He went to London and he's back. He was in Pakistan during the worst time he faced (Imran Khan's 2014 Dharnas).

He is an absolute coward , he slinked out of the country on mere talk about him getting another kick up his back side

If and when the turnip gets the kick , don't let the events in Turkey get your hopes to high that there will be opposition from the population, there will be none , Nawaz or any other filthy politician does not have the same approval as PA , besides there will be no breakage in chain of command , so in summary don't get your hopes too high based on how things worked out in Turkey

There is no comparison

It's off topic but necessary to state

I highly doubt that,a coup with only few hundred soldiers and without the support of high commanders,rly isnt going to work in a middle size nation like turkey.
I think they were hoping that the rest of the military would back them. They assumed only the senior leadership was pro-government, thus why the chief of the military was detained.

if people can stop military coup they can also throw the powerful Erdogan out as well, there is a lesson for all in this coup saga,
I wish this was true but the only reason this happened because the deployed units were not willing to use force islamists will not think twice or even think once before using any way to silence any opposition
I have dealt with these people I know the way they think if any of you don't believe me just wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom