What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is for the Turks to decide

Apparently, so. I am in fact for non-interference in any case. Turkish secularism and libertarianism won some 90 years ago under worse conditions. It can be solved by Turkey's own secular-historical dynamics.

The country might as well produce yet another revolutionary leader like Ataturk.

But odds are quite high against such a development, because the post-coup will violently purge the military from all secular elements (although it is claimed the coup was being masterminded by an old theocrat living in exile).

With the Turkey Military is entirely subdued, there is nothing to protect the founding principles as stated in the Constitution (which, in fact, cannot be proposed to be changed or abolished).

The police is already becoming a Palace apparatus, as I read, rather than a state apparatus.

What is more scaring is the rise of private security firms run by people close to the Palace.

The trend and direction is obvious. But, the secular and nationalist (those who voted parties other than the ruling party) half as well as a certain segment among the ruling party base might stand up against civilian coup, just as they opposed to its military version. And rightfully so.

link plz?

It's bullshit, it's on live television, they just turned in themselves to police.

DEFCONWarningSystem ‏@DEFCONWS nåfor 8 sekunder siden
We want to reiterate, concerning all the reports we are receiving, the coup is still occurring with large military presence in Ankara

Nope, it's done for good now. Anyway Turkey has no choice but to give cold shoulder to US from now on. Clearly this government interested in toppling Turkish government and disappointed at this failure.

This was the statement made by the US embassy in Turkey one hour right after the beginning of the failed military coup

Cnc8pamWIAA7gPQ.jpg:large

hundreds arrested, dozens dismissed from the army, I expect treason trials and court martial to begin soon.

It's not enough to simply arrest these bastards, the armed forces must be completely purged of criminals who have no allegiance to democracy in Turkey. They must be immediately replaced by democratic forces.

Apparently, so. I am in fact for non-interference in any case. Turkish secularism and libertarianism won some 90 years ago under worse conditions. It can be solved by Turkey's own secular-historical dynamics.

The country might as well produce yet another revolutionary leader like Ataturk.

But odds are quite high against such a development, because the post-coup will violently purge the military from all secular elements (although it is claimed the coup was being masterminded by an old theocrat living in exile).

With the Turkey Military is entirely subdued, there is nothing to protect the founding principles as stated in the Constitution (which, in fact, cannot be proposed to be changed or abolished).

The police is already becoming a Palace apparatus, as I read, rather than a state apparatus.

What is more scaring is the rise of private security firms run by people close to the Palace.

The trend and direction is obvious. But, the secular and nationalist (those who voted parties other than the ruling party) half as well as a certain segment among the ruling party base might stand up against civilian coup, just as they opposed to its military version. And rightfully so.
Again, i feel like you're overthinking this. You're going for the worst case scenario, and I doubt it will be anything close to what you've said.

Yes......morons sitting in Pakistani parliament will now compare this situation with our ones and sing about power of democracy, power of people.....Those thugs will surely be happy as they are thinking the current situation in Turkey (stopping of coup) will be seen by people of Pakistan and they'll also do the same....

But idiots should know for that.....u need to deliver so that people can lie down for you in front of tanks (just like people are doing in Turkey for Mr. Erdogan)........

Nawaz sharif is bullshit......He is mughal king....In PML-N....I only like Chaudhry Nisar....rest are all crap....

Right on the money :tup:

It's not enough to simply arrest these bastards, the armed forces must be completely purged of criminals who have no allegiance to democracy in Turkey. They must be immediately replaced by democratic forces.
"Democratic Forces"

Oh boy..

That is a major stretch. I have no idea where you're getting these conclusions from, as they make little sense.

Again, i feel like you're overthinking this. You're going for the worst case scenario, and I doubt it will be anything close to what you've said.

Hopefully so. I wish a return to normalcy; it is good for everybody.

I arrive at certain conclusion from my own informed guess. They may prove to be not true as history evolves.

Edit: What I would be scared of the most is the emergence of partisan citizen militia, party-affiliated police force, weakened army (in fascist states, army is kept weak, the police is made strong) and private security forces.

I guess the world witnessed a small version of this during the Gezi protests when citizen party militia attacked protestors and many killed as a result.

The bloody images posted right under (which is against forum rules and must be deleted as they are very disturbing) suggest some people are in fact attempting to act like the judge and court.

Last edited:

Looks photoshopped, and the army is still in control of bridge. Nobody died on the bridge, desperate attempts to spread fake news.

Where are your tears for 42 policemen bombed to death by pro-coup warplanes by the way? And why is an Arab like you with unclean plate putting your nose in everything as if you're taking part in coup? Some Arabs never fail to amaze me. We have really stupid people among us like you.

Guys where is your Army Chief ? Is he dead or what ? Why no statement from him ? @cabatli_53 @Neptune @Hakan @T-123456 @Sinan @Huan

There were some reports he was back at duty after possible SF intervention. But nothing heard since that and another general has been appointed as chief of the general staff.

Which could mean he's supporting this half-assed attempt at a coup, which I doubt.
So unfortunately I think he's been executed/killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom