What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can't be to send a message, as that would be overboard, and you can't play second attempt game with this. So it's probably a long term goal here. They probably saw army being influenced by AKP in future, and saw Turkey being more Islamic, although I still see it as moderate and secular. What baffles me is the timing, at a time where region is tense, this was bound to make situation worse. Probably someone saw it as opportunity, with recent Syrian crisis, Kurdish situation and what not, that it is unpopular time for Erdogan, and expected people to be against him.
but a child could have planned this better why not go for Erdogan from the start why with their few numbers did they split their forces why not target either Istanbul or Ankara whoever has the least akp support and start from there if they did not have the numbers to overtake all of the country

This coup looks still on-going....

It's over dude, Erdogan already spoke in public square. Army is still deployed across country, but they're not receiving any orders, and are in state of confusion, the elements of army that did attempt coup. It''s going to be retreat in coming hours, and some of army is in support of government. I can't see a second attempt here.

So the conspirators maybe resorting to different plans in coming months. Which have to be a lot riskier than this, as this was first option.

but a child could have planned this better why not go for Erdogan from the start why with their few numbers did they split their forces why not target either Istanbul or Ankara whoever has the least akp support and start from there if they did not have the numbers to overtake all of the country

They don't need to go after him, some people listen to CNN analyst idiots and think that is game changer. It's not, it could have still failed if they had him. Or be a lot riskier, as he is popular leader in his country and the region as a whole. Maybe they did go after him but failed, and special forces and presidential guard got him to safety quickly.

Istanbul and Ankara both have AKP supporters. Numbers doesn't matter, police is with government, much of army is too. Government all supported him, not like in Egypt where whole cabinet went against MB. Also hesitancy, someone called it off, called off shooting protestors, because in my opinion fear of Islamist blowback. Which I'm positive would happen.

The answer to the coup attempt must be more secularism, not less. People may wish to demand a return to the founding principles of the Republic.

When one loses perspective and is confused, the best way is to revisit the starting principles.

CncV_a8XEAEOkvP.jpg

To get rid of Erdogan. Gulen is a known Islamic preacher (living in the US), and not well loved by both the liberal and Islamist factions within Turkey.

Breaking news, CNN Turk livestream seems to show news anchors, or at least some civilians entering the news bench. There seem to be trying to communicate some sort of message on air, turkish members please help.

A bit late there, ain't ya?

If it weren't for erdogans Skype message the coup may have succeeded.
I highly doubt that,a coup with only few hundred soldiers and without the support of high commanders,rly isnt going to work in a middle size nation like turkey.

They don't need to go after him, some people listen to CNN analyst idiots and think that is game changer. It's not, it could have still failed if they had him. Or be a lot riskier, as he is popular leader in his country and the region as a whole. Maybe they did go after him but failed, and special forces and presidential guard got him to safety quickly.

Istanbul and Ankara both have AKP supporters. Numbers doesn't matter, police is with government, much of army is too. Government all supported him, not like in Egypt where whole cabinet went against MB. Also hesitancy, someone called it off, called off shooting protestors, because in my opinion fear of Islamist blowback. Which I'm positive would happen.
this is why I felt as if my country was conquered during morsi rule as if we are hostages these islamists treat any country they rule as occupied land putting their people in power everywhere and then all know what will happen when they silence any opposition
do you really believe that if Erdogan lose an election he would simply stand down these people would rather burn their whole country than giving up power

this is why I felt as if my country was conquered during morsi rule as if we are hostages these islamists treat any country they rule as occupied land putting their people in power everywhere and then all know what will happen when they silence any opposition
do you really believe that if Erdogan lose an election he would simply stand down these people would rather burn their whole country than giving up power
How you differentiate between Morsi and Sisi ? and who and why you support ? ..thanks

The answer to the coup attempt must be more secularism, not less. People may wish to demand a return to the founding principles of the Republic.

When one loses perspective and is confused, the best way is to revisit the starting principles.

CncV_a8XEAEOkvP.jpg
Sir, that depends on what u mean by starting principles. For us it will mean more secularism.

But for erdogan it will mean more Islamism and less secularism.But if the people want it in a democracy like turkey,nobody can do anything. Why else did the coup fail? And AKP ia still popular.

I think situation is different, first of all Islamists don't scare me. Maybe because I come from place run by Islamist, and I like them, they are good people. I can't speak for Egyptian Islamists. But, they were elected democratically, I'm sure they would've lost election in 2014 if people didn't want them, and they can't control army in Egypt, Egyptian army is very independent. So I don't believe they held anyone hostage.

Turkey, is seen as situation related to overall regional developments, and hence why many would have gotten upset. Because it began looking like successive organized agenda against moderate Islamists, and frustration was piling up. I never support coup of any kind, I prefer democratic process to be observed.

The country was not threatened by AKP, on contrary seemed like Turkish people were united strongly. And bombings in beginning were very stupid. Also timing is stupid, Turkish people were not in mood for troubling situation and preferred stability right now.

Anyway if that bombing was really true, and they tried killing him and it succeeded, for sure people would fight back. I'm not sure why people like you think it's okay to kill and attack democratically elected leaders because you don't like them, and expect nothing to happen.

Last edited:
How you differentiate between Morsi and Sisi ? and who and why you support ? ..thanks
I support el sisi it is simple I would choose anyone over a brotherhood member they are not even Egyptians to me they are foreign invader
morsi planed to take part in the Syrian crisis using the Egyptian state and army to support his terrorist friends
morsi was planning to take over the country by making all other institutions loyal only to the brotherhood
they were already attacking anyone opposing morsi in the streets threating us by their connections to other terror groups around the middle east they even released the takfiri terrorists from prisons who took part in the 80s terror attacks in Egypt it was clear what they wanted to do

Palestinian Movement Hamas condemns coup attempt and stands firmly by the side of Turkish Government and People.

Also, CNN analysts encouraging Turkish army regiments, that are involved in effort, to 'stand their own ground' if government takes back Ankara and other cities. Analyst with ties to CIA, clearly West has a role here. And the more they push the worse it gets for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom