What's new

Somalia/Turkey: “Istanbul” becomes most popular name for newborn girls in S

Cloakedvessel

Reaction score
Somalia/Turkey: “Istanbul” becomes most popular name for newborn girls in Somalia

BY IINA – AUGUST 21, 2011

POSTED IN: ARTICLES

Somalia-babies-named-istanbul.jpg

OGADISHU, Ramadan 21/August 21 (IINA)-Parents are frequently naming their newborn girls “Istanbul” in sign of gratitude for Turkey’s active support to resolve the humanitarian crisis in Somalia.

“Now,”Istanbul” is the most popular name in this African country,” the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said at a special meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) recently held in Istanbul.

The OIC members decided in Istanbul to provide $350 million in humanitarian assistance to Somalia, one of the poorest Muslim countries in Africa.

Turkey made the biggest contribution. The country plans to collect about $200 million by the end of the Muslim month of Ramadan.

A special meeting of the OIC was held in Istanbul under Kazakh Foreign Minister Yerzhan Kazykhanov’s chairmanship, who is also head of the Organization’s Foreign Ministers Council.

A common relief fund of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member countries will be established with Kazakhstan’s initiative to help the Somalian people on the edge of a food crisis.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is a successor of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, established in 1969. It is the second largest international organization after the United Nations and the only regional association designed to represent the universal interests of the Islamic world in the international arena. OIC members include 57 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, and South America, with a population of about 1.6 billion people.

The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) has been renamed the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) during the 38th Session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers.

AH/IINA

http://iina.me/wp_en/?p=1004768

Turks are really putting an effort.:tup:

lol how can you ask that , when has humanitiarian aid been a bad thing , $200 million is alot of money but i heard it was $300 million + tonnes of food , + a new airport and roads , + somali students to study in turkey for free etc

lol how can you ask that , when has humanitiarian aid been a bad thing , $200 million is alot of money but i heard it was $300 million + tonnes of food , + a new airport and roads , + somali students to study in turkey for free etc

I was referring to the girls' name... My bad.

I seriously don't know why goverment trying to be friends with Somali , just what is there for us? Why are we trying to increase our influence there?

I seriously don't know why goverment trying to be friends with Somali , just what is there for us? Why are we trying to increase our influence there?

compassion and mercy let alone humanity means nothing to you.

1. For political reasons, Erdogan just wants to increase Turkey's global influence, Somalia is very cost effective in this regard.

2. Erdogan is a pious man and wants to assist his fellow Muslims.

3. Look at the map. Somalia is placed in a critical region, it has access to both the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea. These are probably the most critical routes for global commerce.

4. The horn of Africa is probably one of the few remaining regions still to be explored and geologists have for decades predicted enormous petroleum reserves in this region.

5. Not just Turkey seeking influence, also Britain (albeit in a much quieter way but they are doing a lot behind the scenes).

try please - google photos.

in english google write " somalia " you ll see only " they are terorist " etc.

in turkish google write " somali " you ll see only " they need help , food etc.

in turkey everyday collecting money for somalia in mosque.. also much somalian converted turkish citizen..

Back
Top Bottom