What's new

Solar Panels for homes in Pakistan

assalamoalaikom,,i am ali khan from K,S,A .if some one need help about solars,
or need solars products,wind mills,,we have in stock,

currently every tall building U/C or just completed in karachi have solar panels to generate electricity.

Here is Good video for Solar Energies... Good Knowledgeable Video..

Last edited by a moderator:
Every home in Pakistan can get 60% of electricty need from Solar Energy (Investment of 3000 USD to 5000 USD) like buying a motor bike one time and you get probbly 60% of your electricity needs

(That is probbly how much people pay for petrol generators , and petrol)

Say bye to Load Sheading

Only thing you will not be able to run
a) Fridge
b) Oven
c) AC

Reduction of 80% of your Electricity Bill

They key is Capacity of Kilowatt (kw) in pannels 4 to 5 modern age Pannels combined power of 1500 KW is sufficient for a home in Pakistan (EVERY DAY FREE ELECTRICITY PRODUCED)

250 houses to be illuminated with solar panels

Islamabad: Pakistan Council for Renewable Energy Technologies (PCRET) will illuminate 250 houses (300 watt) with solar panel in rural areas.

More than 500 people will get indirect employment due to the activities generated in the field of rural electrification through solar energy. Around 51 scientists, engineers, technicians, skilled and semi-skilled people will also get direct employment, as PCRET has initiated production of high quality solar panels.

The objective of the project is up-gradation of silicon crystal growing and watering, cell fabrication and lamination facilities. It will help to enhance the indigenous production of solar cells and modules up to 80 KW per annum, along with promotion of clean and renewable solar energy through photovoltaic process.

Talking to this, an official in PCRET said, this project of production of solar panels has been designed to upgrade the facilities to produce 80 KW Photovoltaic modules per year.

250 houses to be illuminated with solar panels - thenews.com.pk

Only thing you will not be able to run
a) Fridge
b) Oven
c) AC

Actually you can.. i have 3 split units of 1.5 ton each running in Lahore on solar.

Only problem with the setup is that it is on commercial building and on saturday/sunday the sunlight is wasted.

Couple of points of caution before your read this post. This may have been discussed in the past. I am not very familiar with the Solar Panels/energy field in general, as this is not my area of expertise and I just started doing research in this field.

I’m interested in investing in the Pakistani Solar panels market. At this point, I am not very familiar with solar panels (I plan on doing plenty of research), however because of high load shedding in Pakistan, solar panels for homes seem to be the most efficient solution for meeting energy needs, especially since the sun is shinning throughout the year :)

After researching this briefly, I found that that there aren’t many companies currently in the market. I know that solar panels are also expensive, however I’m assuming there could be a way to cut down cost and profit margins may be low in this type of business. Does anyone think there it is worth investing in this market? I wonder if the government can also provide assistance in this type of business. What are some of the barriers you can think? Would love to hear your feedback, since I know many of you have different backgrounds/area of expertise. Also, if there would be any benefits to being based out of the UK?

I heard news about a German breakthrough in inventing new type of solar panels which absorb 43% of sun shine into electricity rather than 19% of the regular panels. It's a very promising field. KSA, according to it's oil minister is planing to be a global provider of electricity generated by solar panels as an alternative to oil. EU suggested to Algria to build solar panels for $400 bn in the Algerian desert to provide Europe with electrecity.

Pakistan`s weather is like in California .. PURE SUNLIGHT ..

If each house instead of buying a motor cycle (scooter) invests in a Solar System (Even with financing from bank) pay the bank loan on monthly basis instead of paying WAPDA

60% less WAPDA Bill and when they do their Load Shedding you still get electricity with out paying for Petrol yearly

We at Pantera Energy are resided in Lahore. We provide solar energy solutions to commercial and domestic sector. Our major clients are Bank Alfalah, cadet college Larkana and Care Foundation..
I think the government has a major part to play as taxes are still quite high and solar panels itself is an expensive component along with inverters. Both these components need to be of impeccable quality in order for the solar energy solution to deliver results.
Have you had any experience regarding Solar? kindly let me know if you are interested in asking any questions, will be happy to answer.

Waqas Khan

Welcome to the forum Waqas :welcome:

Can you share some use case scenarios with us here? For example some places (without giving address or personal details) where you installed your system, its capacity, cost, configuration etc? I am sure members here will be very interested to get this information.

Personally I am thinking about installing solar panels in my home. Could you give me a rough estimate of materials and cost for say a house with 3 AC, 1 TV, 1 fridge, and 3~4 energy savers, 1~2 ceiling fans. I will get in touch with you via email also.

We at Pantera Energy are resided in Lahore. We provide solar energy solutions to commercial and domestic sector. Our major clients are Bank Alfalah, cadet college Larkana and Care Foundation..
I think the government has a major part to play as taxes are still quite high and solar panels itself is an expensive component along with inverters. Both these components need to be of impeccable quality in order for the solar energy solution to deliver results.
Have you had any experience regarding Solar? kindly let me know if you are interested in asking any questions, will be happy to answer.

Waqas Khan

Waqas khan

That is very true actually. We fail to plan and think ahead. We are following the same philosophy of educating people to take steps to move towards more sustainable energy. Because in 3-4 years, Solar starts earning for you.
We provide impeccable solutions for homes and commercial, write me back if you have any questions.

Salam,
We at Pantera Energy provide Solar energy solutions for homes and commercial. Can you share your experience of solar? how much did it cost you, how much savings have you achieved and if you are having any trouble with solar?

Waqas Khan
wkhan@panteraengineering

Thereare more problems than commitment. We at Pantera Energy provide astounding solutions, the systems that we have designed after vigorous research but electricians who provide cheap systems with chinese panels and self made inverters have ruined the image of solar in Pakistan.
Trust of masses need to be regained.
Waqas Khan

Which battery you recommend to use with solar panels?

I recommend Deep Cycle Batteries for Solar because they have more around 1500 cycles which means they'll last for around 4-5 Years.
The brands we use are.
1) Trojan (USA)
2) Sacredsun (China)
Both are extremely compatible and efficient for running Solar.

Thank you. Is it possible for you to give a rough estimate of cost also?

Couple of points of caution before your read this post. This may have been discussed in the past. I am not very familiar with the Solar Panels/energy field in general, as this is not my area of expertise and I just started doing research in this field.

I’m interested in investing in the Pakistani Solar panels market. At this point, I am not very familiar with solar panels (I plan on doing plenty of research), however because of high load shedding in Pakistan, solar panels for homes seem to be the most efficient solution for meeting energy needs, especially since the sun is shinning throughout the year :)

After researching this briefly, I found that that there aren’t many companies currently in the market. I know that solar panels are also expensive, however I’m assuming there could be a way to cut down cost and profit margins may be low in this type of business. Does anyone think there it is worth investing in this market? I wonder if the government can also provide assistance in this type of business. What are some of the barriers you can think? Would love to hear your feedback, since I know many of you have different backgrounds/area of expertise. Also, if there would be any benefits to being based out of the UK?

It is a saturated market with low profits and high costs, if you are interested I can put you in touch with a Renewable Energy Expert in Pakistan. Good luck.

I recommend you 2 systems;
1) 3KW Infini (2) (Taiwan)- 3KW Canadian Panels- Load: 3 Inverter based ACs, Fridge, lights, fans, computer.-Price: RS 1,450,000

2) 6KW Schneider (1) (France)- 6KW Canadian Panels- Load: 3 Inverter based ACs, fridge, lights, fans, computer.-Price: RS 1,950,000

Thank you. Pardon my ignorance here, but these figures 1.45 Million and 1.95 Million include everything like panels, batteries, inverters, wiring, installation? Or just the panels?

Sure but you want system cost or just battery cost?

Battery;
Sacredsun 12V 200Ah: RS 42,000/Unit
Trojan 6V 225Ah: RS 21,000/Unit

I was looking for cost of a complete end to end solution including design, installation and all the materials.

Back
Top Bottom