What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

1722520003109.png

There's a new controversy generated by indian side that JF-17's AESA radar is crappy air cooled one. If someone has any material about how crappy an air cooled AESA can be or how much is the difference between air-cooled and liquid cooled one? Are there any other examples of fighters with air-cooled AESA in them?
I already know that air-cooled radars have some performance penalties but don't know the extent of it.

I haven't been following block 3's development lately due to its sluggish development program, induction of much superior J-10C fighter, and statements if our General Bajwa telling the journalists that we can't fight indians and our equipment is rusted. Then Bajwa again reiterated to persuade/entice the US that we don't like Chinese equipment, we love US equipment and plz be our provider uncle Sam (in Islamabad defense summit to foreign experts). These statements and other stunts have just broken my heart. But still I do care for my country and follow these development albeit from a distance now.

Back
Top Bottom