What's new

Solar Panels for homes in Pakistan

RS 1.45 & 1.95 Million are respectively prices for complete solutions including Panels, Inverter(s), Batteries, distribution box, breaker box, wires, frames and One Year after sales service.
Kindly don't hesitate if you have any further questions.

Waqas Khan

Perfect, thanks!

Sure but you want system cost or just battery cost?

Battery;
Sacredsun 12V 200Ah: RS 42,000/Unit
Trojan 6V 225Ah: RS 21,000/Unit

Please note that trojan is 6V hence if your UPS or Solar is 12V configured then 2 units will be installed.

Waqas Khan

an

Warranty? From where we can buy in Punjab? Islamabad or Lahore?

RS 1.45 & 1.95 Million are respectively prices for complete solutions including Panels, Inverter(s), Batteries, distribution box, breaker box, wires, frames and One Year after sales service.
Kindly don't hesitate if you have any further questions.

Waqas Khan

i want to ask what will be with life of batteries, and how much it cost plus this whole system life on average basis, it can 5 years or more.. ? really im excited to see such thing and i believe some how for lot of Pakistanis abroad this is affordable option.

Infini Plus (3kw with 4500 Pv support) with dry batteries from Sacred sun with all wiring + Panels from Canadian Solar + stand/frames for solar panels + set up was done in Lahore, Super town in August. The total cost was 8 Lacs 75 thousand.
everything done was by professionals.. i am not related to the industry but did my research and helped in finding the right people for this job in the amount mentioned above.

Mr Paentra... as mentioned above...canadian solar were used...

i shared the news about a month ago when this was released to the press...
the problem with the approved law is that
1) you need to use Approved systems .... read kickbacks for approving authority from different companies interested
2) you need to submit an application for the installation followed by the visit from the "competent" member of the DISCO/GENCO in ur locality... Read... stupid, foolish and baseless excuses and faults leading to ultimate bakshish
3) the units sent into the network will be deducted from ur units consumed nad /or You will be payed on an annual basis .. read long wait time for the money that you will get...

i would read all this development with a skeptical mind.. i am not a pessimistic but i wont get over joyed by some lousy law that has alot of ifs and buts.. but a development in the right direction none the less....
if i was installing a system i would be looking forward to one just slightly above my requirement but with option of increasing PV support later ... lets say i produce 1000 watts extra now and send it to the system and by doing so i just get my reading reduced... making money from it is a "lets wait and see" scenario for me..
my 2 ana...

Sadly if you go for cheap product the word to mouth will fail and your business will suffer and there is unknown element about taxes on pannels when you bring them into Pakistan

SOLAR PANNEL OUT PUT IS THE MAIN KEY .. you can install any panel unless it is some of the latest ones from big companies
and capacity
That is very right. Output matters a lot but factors such as efficiency (Output/Size Ratio) and surface temperature tolerance matters a lot too. For example, German panels are the best at efficiency but their output falls drastically in summer because they cant tolerate immense heat.

BTW, I was banned for unknown reasons. I have tried contacting the concerned people, can you tell me who to talk to about that?

for 500W it can cost upto 250k. Also, for Solar energy proper consumption you need to get DC LEDs and DC Fans and DC Water Pump. And Solar Energy is not like ok I want to buy .. and someone come and fix it, you required the proper planning. For Water Heating system in winter you can use solar geezers. LG has launched solar AC's but still not available in Pakistan. Similarly yfor fridge you may require more energy. But you can still use your Laptop or LCD TV ...
250K for DC system? isn't that extremely expensive? We provide DC system upto 1KW for around 100K. A good AC system of around 1.5 KW will cost 350K.
regards.

In India you can get subsidy of around 30% for solar panels from the Govt
That is very encouraging. I hope such initiatives must be taken in Pakistan too to attract more people towards Solar energy.

i shared the news about a month ago when this was released to the press...
the problem with the approved law is that
1) you need to use Approved systems .... read kickbacks for approving authority from different companies interested
2) you need to submit an application for the installation followed by the visit from the "competent" member of the DISCO/GENCO in ur locality... Read... stupid, foolish and baseless excuses and faults leading to ultimate bakshish
3) the units sent into the network will be deducted from ur units consumed nad /or You will be payed on an annual basis .. read long wait time for the money that you will get...

i would read all this development with a skeptical mind.. i am not a pessimistic but i wont get over joyed by some lousy law that has alot of ifs and buts.. but a development in the right direction none the less....
if i was installing a system i would be looking forward to one just slightly above my requirement but with option of increasing PV support later ... lets say i produce 1000 watts extra now and send it to the system and by doing so i just get my reading reduced... making money from it is a "lets wait and see" scenario for me..
my 2 ana...
That is actually very true. I just shared the news in excitement as at least laws are being made and one day we will become competent enough to actually enforce these laws.
As long as practicality is concerned, we have actually tested the net metering on grid selling inverters and results were amazing. Before it reaches the meter, the electricity travels through connections and your excess production can be utilized by your home itself. So, grid selling inverters are beneficial even if this law isn't implemented.
BTW, I was banned for spamming, I tried contacting the website to inquire which post of mine was spam-like but got no answers.

Infini Plus (3kw with 4500 Pv support) with dry batteries from Sacred sun with all wiring + Panels from Canadian Solar + stand/frames for solar panels + set up was done in Lahore, Super town in August. The total cost was 8 Lacs 75 thousand.
everything done was by professionals.. i am not related to the industry but did my research and helped in finding the right people for this job in the amount mentioned above.
Hello again, I was banned for spamming. Which came as a surprise to me and when I contacted to inquire, I got no answers.

oh yes- lol.. sorry for the mistake...

so far as I have searched out the market- none was giving more than 5 years of maintenance
The reason is, Chinese panels are lot panels and most of them are either used or Q&A rejected. Hence they don't give warranty. The sellers mostly give repair warranty up to 5 years but none actually oblige you when an error occurs.
So please don't go for cheap Chinese panels, I am not saying this to market my panels but seriously, we have seen so many people who have wasted their money on Chinese panels and have had to buy good panels later which increased their cost drastically.
Regards

I have friend who was constructing a house and he thought solar panel would be good Idea.... The price told to him was above 1.2 Million Rupees. And 10 year warranty......His usual electricity bill is 2500 to 3000 or maximum 5000 Rupees..... And he concluded solar panel are way to expensive way to get electricity......
That is just unfair, people quoting such huge price and hence everyone around them get this hint that Solar is too expensive.
I bet the if his bill is as low as you have mentioned above, his system will cost around 4-6 lac maximum.
Do contact me if you require any details regarding solar.

Regards,
Waqas

I have discussed this matter with many and in past and in particular with Zaki.
Solar is the best way forward but you have to build the house from scratch.
Due to some limitations i can't do business in Pakistan but it i advise my fellow country men to build new energy efficient houses after consultation with professionals and use solar panels without fear.

Corrupt govt. is not promoting it for corrupt reasons otherwise govt. benefit more than consumer.
Definitely, we have been working in this sector for over 3 years now. Providing solar energy solutions to offices, schools, homes and factories. It is not very profitable because electricians have designed cheap systems with cheap batteries, panels and inverters which has ruined the market for us. May Allah guide everyone to the right path though.

Waqas Khan I need some info regarding Solar, Can you please let me know, how can i contact you.
Cheers,
Bilal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom