What's new

Software Engineers Thread.

started on Commodore, then 286 to start learning on,

How many people know what MASM is without googling ?

MASM sucked

TASM was way cooler with more features

.....1986, how many people hard BBC microcomputer?

BBC Microcomputer / Acorn Computer ..... The company is now part of ARM Holdings (the company that makes cpus for cell phones)

I want to use 1 at a time. Plz tell me the full procedure of installation if u can. thnx in advane

which two OS? If you already have windows and want to try linux, try Ubuntu, its easy to install. While installing it will ask whether you want it side by side with existing OS, select that option. No need to do partition stuff yourself.
Make sure you got free space in your HDD. :)

970829_10152434398064625_924120050_n.jpg

started on Commodore, then 286 to start learning on,

First purchase 386sx .

If I tell the specs ... Did you know Bill Gates supposedly claimed no one will need more than 640K of memory !
I noticed no one worked in Basic/qBasic. and @LoveIcon worked in Assembly.

How many people know what MASM is without googling ?

How many of you know the 8086 .......

All of a sudden I am feeling very very old ..

Had a chance to study Microprocessor Interface subject in 5th semester, so had a chance to learn 8086 and do coding on assembly language

I am a computer engineer currently in second year in Waterloo. I am taking SE as a minor along with Comp eng. Great thing u stared this thread. :cheers:

And i'm a passout computer engineer, You will feel the heat once you will learn VHDL and Verilog Language :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think .NET and Java are the best.

Anybody knows about the top one? Supposedly there is new framework out and Java is used extensively in there.

Sorry to differ but .Net is not that demanding.

I want my computer to do dual boot. I want to operate 2 OS in my computer. How can I do this..??
Any one can help plz.. ?? thnx

what os do you want to have ??

ok 2years into UDk development(pushed it all i could) i chose to migrate to Unity . Unity script(java and C sharp) is a pain to get started with.

Anyone working on unity?

Anyone works in SAP arena??

Its tht a tec firm?

im thinking of spring boarding into Canada via a Advance Virtual systems programming certificate from MC masters...good decision? Many studios there from what i know.i have a decent network there.

THe Indian market dosent seem to be developed enough to absorb my kind of skill to the fullest(well at least comparatively).

i am an electronics engineer currently doing MS in power quality. any one worked in Artificial neural network or in power quality?

Me and my friend want to do a course together, what do you guys suggest?

dude, .net is like windows....90% ppl use it...but u know, its 10% who dont use it make so much of noise...as far as developing rapid application dev is concerned, no other vendor can overtake MS and with C# it has added another feather to its hat first being VC++...MS IDE is the best and has evolved over "tested and proven" years!

My Journey: Foxpro, VB5, VB6, Java 2.0, VS2003 (.Net 1.1), VS 2005 (.Net 1.2), VS2010(.Net 4.0), VS2012(Framework 4.5)
Clients: Top 100 in global Blue Chips...

now pls tell us, what is in demand? and what made u think .NET is not in demand?

what os do you want to have ??
I want to use ubuntu and windows 7.

Me and my friend want to do a course together, what do you guys suggest?

I also want to do a course in summer vacations from university. Other members plz suggest us...
I want to do my course in web or graphics field.

I also want to do a course in summer vacations from university. Other members plz suggest us...

Web development has a lot of demand fr PHP/Mysql and Java if ur a newbie to OOP concepts then start of with something easy like PHP(it is still vast tho, just relatively easy).

Graphics as in MAxscript ,Unity script, UDk?Or just Artwork? U can learn stuff like Photoshop ,Css etc in 2-3 months but fr proper programming u need to start early and keep at it. The more u work on it the better ur workflow and understanding.

Follow it mate :

How to dual-boot Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 - LinuxBSDos.com
How to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu side by side

If you need further assistance then gimme a shout. I will find a program to connect to your computer and do it for you :)

dude, .net is like windows....90% ppl use it...but u know, its 10% who dont use it make so much of noise...as far as developing rapid application dev is concerned, no other vendor can overtake MS and with C# it has added another feather to its hat first being VC++...MS IDE is the best and has evolved over "tested and proven" years!

My Journey: Foxpro, VB5, VB6, Java 2.0, VS2003 (.Net 1.1), VS 2005 (.Net 1.2), VS2010(.Net 4.0), VS2012(Framework 4.5)
Clients: Top 100 in global Blue Chips...

now pls tell us, what is in demand? and what made u think .NET is not in demand?

I am not talking about in general. I have my friends working on this platform and they all are fed up of it..Ok tell me what all you have done in . Net so far other than copying codes from Google. Share the name of the company you are working with and I will tell you the kind of work you are doing. Sorry to be blunt but we all know what kind of work we get in outsourcing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom