What's new

Software Engineers Thread.

I see a whole bunch of people from Canada here, can you tell me if I can join a Canadian uni right after O-levels(i-gcse actually)or should I do AS and A levels too? WHat exactly are their requirements? ANd how much and how long are the courses?

Any help is appreciated

I am a SE with 9 yrs of exp working in SAP Area. Primarily, ABAP Language. @WebMaster How come you came back from SAP FI to .NET and JAVA.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first PC was with 512MB HD & 64MB RAM and was super computer as compare to my friends :omghaha:

started on Commodore, then 286 to start learning on,

First purchase 386sx .

If I tell the specs ... Did you know Bill Gates supposedly claimed no one will need more than 640K of memory !
I noticed no one worked in Basic/qBasic. and @LoveIcon worked in Assembly.

How many people know what MASM is without googling ?

How many of you know the 8086 .......

All of a sudden I am feeling very very old ..

First purchase 386sx .

If I tell the specs ... Did you know Bill Gates supposedly claimed no one will need more than 640K of memory !

LOL!!! At-least i have company now :cheers:

Nice. Which team do you work on? i.e. the name of the piece of software you develop. Hope I am not asking too much. :)
I am at the server side of device communication. can't say much

First purchase 386sx .

ah the beauty of MASM (when friends used to pick on me since it combines the initial of me and my first gf :p) ... I still miss those commands

MOV AX, 21

and the way you have to write loops using registers ... can't recall but it was just amazing. I was able to make a paintbrush in assembly as an assignment.

I guess now i don't need to explain what 8086/x86/8051 processors are .. do I ?

First purchase 386sx .

I have started with Basic and PC started way after I was using computer. I was programming in 1986, how many people hard BBC microcomputer?

I want my computer to do dual boot. I want to operate 2 OS in my computer. How can I do this..??
Any one can help plz.. ?? thnx

i am not a software but computer engineer we also studied c and c++ and also studied assembly language...but i love assembly language than the other two

I am a SE with 9 yrs of exp working in SAP Area. Primarily, ABAP Language. @WebMaster How come you came back from SAP FI to .NET and JAVA.

I never got into it, was just exploring. I am not into .NET or JAVA either.:azn:

Last edited:
Got several years of experience on Oracle(Pl/SQL and forms), PHP, and .NET. Java bass kaam chalaoo, to use certain java objects in Oracle db.

I want my computer to do dual boot. I want to operate 2 OS in my computer. How can I do this..??
Any one can help plz.. ?? thnx

Both at the same time or 1 at a time?

If you want to run both at the same time you should use Virtual Machine or VirtualBox. If 1 at a time, 1st you should install an OS and then install another OS on a different partition, if done right you'll get an option at boot menu to choose which OS to boot.

I am retired SE

Pascal, Basic III+, RPG & C :pakistan:

You forgot FORTH, Algol and Cobol

You are hurting my sentiments :cry:

Don't worry just wait for another Y2K like event to take place and you will be the most in DEMAND developer

i've done C++ but its been a while so can any one guide me of a website which i can use as a refresher !!! :cheers:

A good compiler and Google is your best friend

Both at the same time or 1 at a time?

If you want to run both at the same time you should use Virtual Machine or VirtualBox. If 1 at a time, 1st you should install an OS and then install another OS on a different partition, if done right you'll get an option at boot menu to choose which OS to boot.
I want to use 1 at a time. Plz tell me the full procedure of installation if u can. thnx in advane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom