What's new

Software Engineers Thread.

Web Developers help me please..!!!
I am currently learning web development. i have learnt, html, css, javascript and currently learning php (in final stages) and after that i will be learning AJAX. Now I have to ask that what are the top demanding languages apart from php in the market or freelancing ?? OR what language should i learn after php and AJAX ??? thanks in advance..!!!!

@navtrek and others....

I hope u have learnt SQL too... and experience working on MySQL database with that you will be done. Since you have chosen php you should also learn the framework zend or cake... here is a list of best php frameworks

Top 5 PHP Frameworks Infographic | PHP Zone

After you are done learning i would strongly insist on applying what you have learnt on a project. It will give you lots of confidence.

As a developer and a user of the application always try to design good UI because the end user sees only the UI of the application so use JQuery to its best...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Shree , working with IBM India , Bangalore as SME (Subject Matter Expert)... my core field is UNIX.

I hope u have learnt SQL too... and experience working on MySQL database with that you will be done. Since you have chosen php you should also learn the framework zend or cake... here is a list of best php frameworks

Top 5 PHP Frameworks Infographic | PHP Zone

After you are done learning i would strongly insist on applying what you have learnt on a project. It will give you lots of confidence.

As a developer and a user of the application always try to design good UI because the end user sees only the UI of the application so use JQuery to its best...

Thanks alot....
can you please tell me what type of Language JQuery is? and what is framework zend or cake ?? are they easy to learn or difficult ??

with what?

@Jazzbot @Secur @p(-)0ENiX @Aka123 can help u here....

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/252852-software-engineers-thread-8.html#post4867112

Web Developers help me please..!!!
I am currently learning web development. i have learnt, html, css, javascript and currently learning php (in final stages) and after that i will be learning AJAX. Now I have to ask that what are the top demanding languages apart from php in the market or freelancing ?? OR what language should i learn after php and AJAX ??? thanks in advance..!!!!

@navtrek and others....

If your aim is just freelancing, then you can start with html/css work, there is plenty of work available. But if you want to excel faster in freelance market and want to have comparatively big projects then you got to start with any server side language like php, .net etc. PHP has great freelance market with lots of small and medium projects so you can easily start with simple php projects.

I've seen @navtrek's reply to your post I've quoted above. Since you are a beginner, I won't recommend using or learning any php framework. You should work at least 6 months in core php before moving towards any framework, the solid your php foundation will be, the easier you'll learn these related frameworks when needed. So start from plain php.

If your aim is just freelancing, then you can start with html/css work, there is plenty of work available. But if you want to excel faster in freelance market and want to have comparatively big projects then you got to start with any server side language like php, .net etc. PHP has great freelance market with lots of small and medium projects so you can easily start with simple php projects.

I've seen @navtrek's reply to your post I've quoted above. Since you are a beginner, I won't recommend using or learning any php framework. You should work at least 6 months in core php before moving towards any framework, the solid your php foundation will be, the easier you'll learn these related frameworks when needed. So start from plain php.

Any tips/methods/language to improve UI with php apart from AJAX ??? @navtrek your help will also be appreciated.. thanks in advance

Any tips/methods/language to improve UI with php apart from AJAX ???
@navtrek your help will also be appreciated.. thanks in advance

Any tips/methods/language to improve UI with php apart from AJAX ??? @navtrek your help will also be appreciated.. thanks in advance

What kind of UI improvements you're talking about exactly? I personally don't recommend involving server side data handling much unless where its needed. Most of the UI handling should be done at client side via javascript or better jQuery. AJAX is primarily used for dynamic data handling at some certain points so it should be limited to that.

What kind of UI improvements you're talking about exactly? I personally don't recommend involving server side data handling much unless where its needed. Most of the UI handling should be done at client side via javascript or better jQuery. AJAX is primarily used for dynamic data handling at some certain points so it should be limited to that.

From example , facebook main page sign up form, iSparkative | Inspiration For Your Business , QMobile Pakistan - Android Smartphones, Compare & Buy QMobile Products etc etc..

Ok.... Will check it and get back to u. Bdw I work on Mainframes mainly.

okay. thanks

Thanks alot....
can you please tell me what type of Language JQuery is? and what is framework zend or cake ?? are they easy to learn or difficult ??

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/252852-software-engineers-thread-8.html#post4867112

Hi @Jazzbot is correct you should have a strong grip on php and only then go on to learn frameworks.

I agree with him.

I would suggest the following: (in the order)

1. Learn php well.
2. Learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript (JQuery is a library of javaScript)
3. learn SQL and work on MySQL database
4. Learn a good framework (you can find the list of frameworks in my previous post)
5. finally code a project with all this together i would suggest that you can develop an application for your school or an NGO for free or for a small cost.

A framework is a skeleton of an application which helps in developing the application faster. Its more developer friendly as it does all the background plumbing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom