2.PSG-2
3.M-24
4.M-40
5.M-110
6.DRAGNOV
7.AU Stayr
8.M-82 50. cal.
:sniper::undecided:

Geee, I will have to go with the M-82 50 cal. longer range bigger bullet. NO CONTEST with the others!

Depends. 50 cal isn't the best sniper rifle. Simply because it delivers a massive punch doesn't give it the edge in modern warfare. For example, in urban warfare, like iraq, snipers prefer using the M21. Genetically advanced brother of the full scale battle rifle, M14.

Compare it's weight, accuracy, and reliability to any .50 cal rifle, and you'll understand what i'm talking about. For me, M21 is the Best sniper rifle out there.

hi all.
which is the best sniper gun?
1.PSG-1
2.PSG-2
3.M-24
4.M-40
5.M-110
6.DRAGNOV
7.AU Stayr
8.M-82 50. cal.
:sniper::undecided:

Oh and by the way, your list is missing a couple of awesome contenders. "L96A1" and "PSG-90"

What about the L115A3 which is replacing the L96 in UK service.

This seems to strike a balance between the 0.50 and 7.62 rounds.

Oh and by the way, your list is missing a couple of awesome contenders. "L96A1" and "PSG-90"

hi.
gentalman missing rifles are not the matter of effect.
we are talking about these 8 guns and these are mostly used in today's war areas.
reagrds.:cheers:

Depends. 50 cal isn't the best sniper rifle. Simply because it delivers a massive punch doesn't give it the edge in modern warfare. For example, in urban warfare, like iraq, snipers prefer using the M21. Genetically advanced brother of the full scale battle rifle, M14.

Compare it's weight, accuracy, and reliability to any .50 cal rifle, and you'll understand what i'm talking about. For me, M21 is the Best sniper rifle out there.

hmmmmmm.
agreed.:smitten:

PSG-90-L-96/A

Type :Sniper rifle
Place of origin :United Kingdom

Service history

In service 1982 (L96A1), 1988 (AW), 1990 (psg90) - Current
Used by See Users and civil users
Wars Afghanistan War, Iraq War
Production history
Designed 1982 (PM), 1983 (AW)
Manufacturer Accuracy International
Produced 1982 - Current
Number built Approx. 3000 L96A1 for the British Army
Specifications
Weight 6.5 kg (14.3 lb)
Length 1,180 mm (46.5 in)
Barrel length 660 mm (26.0 in)

Cartridge 7.62x51 mm NATO
7 mm Remington Magnum
.300 Winchester Magnum
.338 Lapua Magnum
Action Bolt-action
Muzzle velocity 850 m/s (2,790 ft/s)
Effective range 800 m (870 yd)
Feed system 10-round detachable box magazine
Sights detachable aperture type iron sights
day or night optics :cheers:

Last edited:
hi.
gentalman missing rifles are not the matter of effect.
we are talking about these 8 guns and these are mostly used in today's war areas.
reagrds.:cheers:

PSG-90 And L96A1 are widely used Sniper rifles in different parts of the world. They're currently being used in Afghanistan and Iraq war. Your list needs a little bit of research.

What about the L115A3 which is replacing the L96 in UK service.

This seems to strike a balance between the 0.50 and 7.62 rounds.

I would love to have had a go with this rifle before I left, the L96 is brilliant and with a more powerful cartridge and the other improvements....

This is the new Sniper Platform the US Army is switching to now for all of its Sniper Units including the Marines. Its the Knight's Armaments SRM110-SASS 7.62mm Sniper. I have also fired the AW 7.62mm and AW50 cal rifles from Accuracy International of UK. Both of these Sniper are very nice and accurate up to 800 - 1200m. Also had a chance to fire the Draganov in Darra few years back, good Russian rifle indeed and very very reliable! :sniper:

Attachments

• sr25_4.jpg
    sr25_4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
PSG-90 And L96A1 are widely used Sniper rifles in different parts of the world. They're currently being used in Afghanistan and Iraq war. Your list needs a little bit of research.

ur right man.i'll do more resarch.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom