What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

Why do you think Windows phone suck? Please elaborate.

For one thing Andriod is very open and windows is closed. Usability is very straightforward. When I want to, say, move music files I just plug it in and use it like I use an external hard drive. For windows I had to install some software or something. Stragely I was not able to access outlook for a while in office, something that I would have expected to do automatically. Microsoft has a stupid attitude fo trying to 'trap' it's users by making them sign into MS LIve and whatnot. For ANdroid, if you have a gmail account (which most of us have) you can quickly get most of it done. Plus One Plus is AWESOME- 3 GB Ram, 64 GB Memory, 400 DPI Display, 2.5 Ghz Processor, Cyanogen Mod at some 20 K. No Windows (or Samsung or Apple), comes close. It is a killer package that made sense in every way. Happy I didn't take iPhone 6 (would have cost me 50K+ with comparable capabilities and no great improvements over oneplus.)

For one thing Andriod is very open and windows is closed. Usability is very straightforward. When I want to, say, move music files I just plug it in and use it like I use an external hard drive. For windows I had to install some software or something. Stragely I was not able to access outlook for a while in office, something that I would have expected to do automatically. Microsoft has a stupid attitude fo trying to 'trap' it's users by making them sign into MS LIve and whatnot. For ANdroid, if you have a gmail account (which most of us have) you can quickly get most of it done. Plus One Plus is AWESOME- 3 GB Ram, 64 GB Memory, 400 DPI Display, 2.5 Ghz Processor, Cyanogen Mod at some 20 K. No Windows (or Samsung or Apple), comes close. It is a killer package that made sense in every way. Happy I didn't take iPhone 6 (would have cost me 50K+ with comparable capabilities and no great improvements over oneplus.)
note4 's' 32gb/4g/LTE/single sim is not present at homeshopping and was thinking about oneplus -- is battery unibody or removable? -- does the mobile software hang? overheating issues if any? chinese language only in the os?

if note4s isnt introduced on homeshooping [they have c/h models], i was thinking of either oneplus or xaomi note pro.. which doesnt have LTE

note4 's' 32gb/4g/LTE/single sim is not present at homeshopping and was thinking about oneplus -- is battery unibody or removable? -- does the mobile software hang? overheating issues if any? chinese language only in the os?

if note4s isnt introduced on homeshooping, i was thinking of either oneplus or xaomi note pro.. which doesnt have LTE

I was thinking of Note but with extremely comparable specs at 2/5th the price my decision was made. It's been EXCELLENT till now, pleasantly surprised (my previous android was several years ago and somewhat lower endish Samsung, thought that did well for several years before I bought my Lumia). No hangings, superb phone, Cyanogen keeps releasing updates that automatically get loaded, very very good battery life. I'm very happy with it. I have one thing left to do (my phone is about 3 weeks old)- encrypt it and load the mail. If that works, I'm home with this. I also have to link it to the Bluetooth of my car and make it my default music player. I'm sure it will do well.

@Manticore you may want to check out the new Xiaomi that has come out (I don't know if it is Mi or Redmi). That came after I bought my One Plus, so you may want to check features.

@Manticore-
yes battery is unibody, at least I can't see how you can take it out.

I was thinking of Note but with extremely comparable specs at 2/5th the price my decision was made. It's been EXCELLENT till now, pleasantly surprised (my previous android was several years ago and somewhat lower endish Samsung, thought that did well for several years before I bought my Lumia). No hangings, superb phone, Cyanogen keeps releasing updates that automatically get loaded, very very good battery life. I'm very happy with it. I have one thing left to do (my phone is about 3 weeks old)- encrypt it and load the mail. If that works, I'm home with this. I also have to link it to the Bluetooth of my car and make it my default music player. I'm sure it will do well.

@Manticore you may want to check out the new Xiaomi that has come out (I don't know if it is Mi or Redmi). That came after I bought my One Plus, so you may want to check features.
mi3 was quickly rolled back and mi4 was released -- ive 2 note3 9005 and was planning to gift one note to my sibling and upgrade myself to note4-- but homeshopping doesnt have the model. I was considering some alternate which can run with c-pen but not samsung note's s-pen

old readmi has lower refresh rate or pixels density.. good as a reader

s3 with c-pen
0mI8xNZ.jpg

I have bought Motorola XT926 - 16GB for PKR 11K. Is it a good price? I have bought it in Nov 2014.

Steve Jobs won't be happy to hear that ! :mad:

Go for Apple ! :smokin:

Though I'm completely technology illiterate; heck I used to own one of those old Nokia phones that I got about 10 years ago before my Mom forcefully got me an Iphone 4S ! :undecided:

I still don't know how to use the damn thing and I secretly wish that I could get my old Nokia back ! :cry:

@levina aren't you a Galaxy-Note 4 person too ? :what:

I used Note 3 and its a beast. I hope note 4 will be better :tup: I wonder if anyone came across Lumia 535. Its specs makes it best value for the money but Microsoft screwed with its multi touch. They rolled the software fix but I think it was more of hardware thingy. I wonder if new phones have upgrade hardware and issue is no longer there?

Steve Jobs won't be happy to hear that ! :mad:

Go for Apple ! :smokin:

Though I'm completely technology illiterate; heck I used to own one of those old Nokia phones that I got about 10 years ago before my Mom forcefully got me an Iphone 4S ! :undecided:

I still don't know how to use the damn thing and I secretly wish that I could get my old Nokia back ! :cry:

@levina aren't you a Galaxy-Note 4 person too ? :what:
I use iPhone 6 :coffee:
And the last phone i used was an iphone4s. I am very loyal to this brand.

Oh so you dumped your old mobile?? :P

I use iPhone 6 :coffee:
And the last phone i used was an iphone4s. I am very loyal to this brand.

Oh so you dumped your old mobile?? :P

No....I'm still keeping it; hopefully one of these days I'd ditch the Iphone for my trusted Nokia 2100 ! :)

No....I'm still keeping it; hopefully one of these days I'd ditch the Iphone for my trusted Nokia 2100 ! :)
In short, you don't know how to use an iPhone. :coffee:
You should be teletransported to stone age. Btw have you installed any new apps in it?
Show me a screen shot if possible, thats if you know how to take a screen shot. :P

In short, you don't know how to use an iPhone. :coffee:
You should be teletransported to stone age. Btw have you installed any new apps in it?
Show me a screen shot if possible.

I'm like Christopher McCandles ! :)

Yup I've installed a few apps like that Gmail app, one about news alerts and something called 'Viber' ! :unsure:

I'm like Christopher McCandles ! :)

Yup I've installed a few apps like that Gmail app, one about news alerts and something called 'Viber' ! :unsure:
Lolzz
Even I have viber, jst that I don't use it much.
Do you play games on your mobile?

Well we don't need our phone to be smart all the time :-) Some time it should be dumb and do the things we want it do like not to die on a busy day and type without the need of actually looking at screen :D I enjoyed every bit of my Nokia 5310 express music until it refused to withstand abuse of 6 years :( I am again planning on getting another feature phone that shouldn't be bulky and battery can last longer :tup:

Back
Top Bottom