What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

I think Samsung can greatly improve the Galaxy S series if they use the stock Android interface & integrate their custom improvements in to that. If not that then they should at least allow their users to turn off or remove TouchWiz. The reason I say this is because in my opinion the stock Android interface is more polished & bug free compared to TouchWiz at the moment.

Well I like Galaxy Series just like that - may be my personal opinion only but it doesn't give me any trouble at all.. Almost no crash - no lagging behind, everything runs smoothly and OK battery life

But I haven't used many other phones of Android - only HTC senstation for a couple of days so you could be right

Well I like Galaxy Series just like that - may be my personal opinion only but it doesn't give me any trouble at all.. Almost no crash - no lagging behind, everything runs smoothly and OK battery life

But I haven't used many other phones of Android - only HTC senstation for a couple of days so you could be right

HTC's latest version of Sense UI on the HTC One X is still a bit unstable. There are a couple widgets crashing once in a while as well. TouchWiz is still the best custom interface Android has, but in my opinion it's not as good as stock ICS's interface. Android 4 is a vast improvement, but Google should make certain rules regulating Android phones similar to what Microsoft has done with WP7.

If they do this then a huge portion of Android's problems will disappear. At the moment they haven't done much to reduce fragmentation & improve application quality. I did hear that the next Google nexus devices will be manufactured by a variety of manufacturers so people are going to have more choice while choosing a stock Android device. If this works out well, I think some of the complaints regarding manufacturer modifications may disappear.

iphone haters will never know how good a iPhone or apple products are, until they ever own one.
I used iphone4 but same usual old desktop some increase in speed. This sucks..
While world is moving on Andriod platform and multi touch screen.
HTC is my favorite company, i.e HTC desire and HTC incredible.
Iphone sucks even New Samsung with andriod is better than iPhone.
However HTC is the best, Its User interface, multi capabilities, and andriod platform.
You will feel some quality in Iphone when you hold in hand but User interface and many capabilities are enjoyable in new HTC mobiles.
Yes Iphone Sucks

I used iphone4 but same usual old desktop some increase in speed. This sucks..
While world is moving on Andriod platform and multi touch screen.
HTC is my favorite company, i.e HTC desire and HTC incredible.
Iphone sucks even New Samsung with andriod is better than iPhone.
However HTC is the best, Its User interface, multi capabilities, and andriod platform.
You will feel some quality in Iphone when you hold in hand but User interface and many capabilities are enjoyable in new HTC mobiles.
Yes Iphone Sucks
Try samsung Galaxy S2, Note or S3.... You will forget HTC... check out the reviews of either of them and compare it with HTC... You will start liking it.

I have used HTC Sensation and can safely say that Galaxy SII was much better in terms of performance. HTC One X seems impressive but I haven't used anywhere

Finally received Ice Cream Sandwich update on my Galaxy Note. It's now available in UK and I am honestly loving it. Even the original 2.3.6 wasn't bad but Ice Cream sandwich is just amazing...

I have used ICS on my tablet before but this mobile version is so cool that I guess it will further dent iPhone customers if they are able to use ICS for a week or two...

I can't wait for the IPhone 5, I'm stuck with my iPhone 3G and it is dieing a slow painful death and has been for over a year now but I have been holding out for the iPhone 5. Was hopeing (but was aware it was unlikely) for the Iphne 4GS launch to actually be the 5's launch. Now have to wait till September/October (probably even later as will want tariffs to come down) before I can get anything new. If iPhone 5 isn't out this calendar year I'll probably go for the Samsung Note.

Finally received Ice Cream Sandwich update on my Galaxy Note. It's now available in UK and I am honestly loving it. Even the original 2.3.6 wasn't bad but Ice Cream sandwich is just amazing...

I have used ICS on my tablet before but this mobile version is so cool that I guess it will further dent iPhone customers if they are able to use ICS for a week or two...

Lol, I don't think iPhone customers will decrease just yet. We are waiting for iOS 6's announcement, & some sources even report that Apple could release the iPhone 5 this WWDC due to various leaked images going around on the Internet. :D Although I am not getting my hopes up just yet, I still think the release date for the next iPhone is around October 2012.

Anyway, congrats on receiving the update. What improvements have Samsung made? Are there any videos demonstrating the update online?

Lol, I don't think iPhone customers will decrease just yet. We are waiting for iOS 6's announcement, & some sources even report that Apple could release the iPhone 5 this WWDC due to various leaked images going around on the Internet. :D Although I am not getting my hopes up just yet, I still think the release date for the next iPhone is around October 2012.

Anyway, congrats on receiving the update. What improvements have Samsung made? Are there any videos demonstrating the update online?

check YouTube or I will post it tomorrow. Sorry I am in bed and typing from mobile so can't share any video right now.

yes that is very similar and its really cool to use... not so good in the video but its a good user experience.

I am thinking of buying my first IPhone. Is it better to wait for the release of 5 or buy the current 4S?

My knowledge of phones is not very good at all, but a lot of my friends think IPhone is just for the brand and not as good, functionally, as the others.

I am thinking of buying my first IPhone. Is it better to wait for the release of 5 or buy the current 4S?

My knowledge of phones is not very good at all, but a lot of my friends think IPhone is just for the brand and not as good, functionally, as the others.

either wait for iphone 5 or buy iphone 4... don't buy iphone 4s.. its not worth the price anymore especially if u consider another model is coming after 4 months hopefully

@EastLake, don't listen to Zakii, he's gone bonkers, and his views are biased after all he is a ripoff fan!! (android) so naturally he would wanna down you :P

I'd suggest if you ain't in a hurry just wait for the iPhone5, mainly because it is rumored to have a bigger screen, but apart from that 4S is pretty good. Much better than iPhone 4. Especially if you into playing games on your phone. Siri, I agree is not that refined yet, but that is an OS issue, and would be much better with the next FW update which expected this month (WWDC is on June 11)

Or you can just wait for the iPhone 5, and get a mid level HTC for now or give Windows a try. It is an extremely versatile OS now (windows) and not too heavy on the pocket so you can save up for your iPhone.

Having said that, let me also point out, iPhone is great only because its apps make it great, so unless you gonna use it for the purpose intended, it will only be a showpiece to flaunt!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom