What's new

Smart diplomacy of Begum Khaleda Zia

that's what the local mullah told you in the madarassah ? :wave:

I studied in Japan,not Bangladesh. I know what I know, but I doubt your capability. 1.2 billion waste to be trashed. To you we are at peace till 2050. When I will be in my late 60s, you may see me in Bangladesh politics. Will not take any disguise but with smile and will do what I meant to do. Peep your mom!

I studied in Japan,not Bangladesh. I know what I know, but I doubt your capability. 1.2 billion waste to be trashed. To you we are at peace till 2050. When I will be in my late 60s, you may see me in Bangladesh politics. Will not take any disguise but with smile and will do what I meant to do. Peep your mom!

You study there? Damn, international schools are bloody expensive over there.

Used to go to A-JIS myself :lol:

Good times :D

Assad Bhai, If Zia were alive then he would be in sadness, despair; especially seeing his wife cum wannabe PM running towards enemy capital for buying electoral hedge. The probable sell-off tour would relegate her party next to RAWAMY League IMO. Several veggies taking over BNP'S top posts and getting cozy with her were causing the widening of gap between BNP and JI walas. Result was visible when Shibir formed all party's student front without 'Chatra Dal'. It seemed like Malu's plan to dissociate BNP from JI to buy security hedge came to the fruition. But the question was whether the Jamaati's trade off was wise for future or not. IMHO, shaking hand with the holders of the terrorist 'Mata Hari' state was simply back stabbing the martyrs and gazies on RAWAMY’s hands. By saying that I would rest my case.

Nah. Bro U have to realize that U need to talk to India as it surrounds us from 3 sides. She did vist china first as always and being a experienced politician she knows how to fish in BD's muddy politics. This is not the first time she is visiting India , SO why the big fuss? She was invited to India as always and being a 2 time former PM and opp. leader she needs to be pragmatic.
This article is a good analysis on her china visit:
http://www.dailynayadiganta.com/new/?p=10550

Also U have to realize, that she didn't compromise during the MUA-FUA regime to come to power and in the process her sons & other BNP veterans suffered torture. If she was uncompromising then, what makes U think that she will compromise nation's interest now. Only based on speculations U shouldn't jump into conclusions. And BNP-JI will remain in alliance anyhow. JI are too big a factor to let go by BNP. Have the alliance parted way yet? No.

Just check this out:
http://www.dailynayadiganta.com/new/?p=27622

যুদ্ধাপরাধীর তালিকায় নিজামী-সাঈদীর নাম দেখিনি – হান্নান শাহ

বিএনপির স্থায়ী কমিটির সদস্য আসম হান্নান শাহ ১৯৭৩ সালে ১৯৫ যুদ্ধাপরাধীকে কারা ছেড়ে দিয়েছিল প্রশ্ন করে বলেছেন, ১৯৫ জন যুদ্ধাপরাধীর তালিকায় নিয়াজির নাম ছিল, কিন্তু নিজামী-সাঈদীর নাম দেখিনি।

That was pretty open by a standing committee member.

Character assassination is a trademark of BAL and we should not fall of it in such delicate times IMO.:)

Here is your problem, you assume too much!! i never said anything against BKZ's visit to India, all i want is a balanced and clean equal India-Hasina, India-BNP relationship.

I believe her present visit is a part of india's damage control policy!! And BKZ is going there to use her cards. She is a politician and it is expected from her. I was trying to justify her visit by asking about Zia;s visit. But as usual it went over your head.

Thanks for the post with good reasonings and logic, and sorry for my outburst. I refrained from answering the last part of your post that you cannot see here.

Khaleda’s India visit: An imperative for both sides

It is in the interest of Both BNP and India to build confidence ahead of the next general elections in Bangladesh which is feared to bring a debacle for Awami League, a long trusted ally of the Indian ruling class.

In shifting attitude to its neighbour, India has reached out to the opposition leader and BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia by inviting her to visit New Delhi next week. BNP officially announced the visit plan immediately after concluding a week-long visit to China

Meanwhile, Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh, Pankaj Saran, met Zia at her Gulshan office in Dhaka on Tuesday to discuss her engagements for her week-long visit to India. Zia is scheduled to meet President Pranab Mukherjee on October 28 where the two are expected to discuss a number of bilatera issues concerning the two neighbours

Begum Zia is also expected to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi. She is also expected to visit the holy shrine of Ajmeer.

While the BNP has always been known for its anti-India stance, New Delhi knows that it is imperative to at least make an attempt to mend fences with her in the run up to the general elections slated to be held next year.

India has managed to add some substance to its relations with Bangladesh during the ongoing tenure of the government led by Awami League’s Sheikh Hasina — most notably concluding a land boundary agreement — but it knows that ties with BNP are crucial to make this process irreversible.
Indian expects that Begum Zia’s visit would help change the outlook and help India develop closer ties with the BNP, a major political force in Bangladesh.

It is also imperative for BNP to avail the India visit in its effort to build confidence and draw support for her causes in domestic politics too. Begum Zia is visiting India, along with other countries, to garner support from the international community to mount pressure on the present Bangladesh government to reinstate the non-party caretaker government system by amending the constitution, according to a senior member of party’s policy making body, Standing Committee.
In her next visit plan, Begum Zia might also include Turkey, Korea and some European and Middle East countries to push her case to the international community as to why a caretaker government in Bangladesh is needed to oversee the next general election.

The former Bangladesh PM visited China a fortnight back at the invitation of the Chinese government. Ms Zia met members of the Chinese leadership including Chinese Vice President Mr Xi Jingpin and Foreign Minister Mr Yang Jiechi.

Holiday

It really does not matter what all these surface reports say, what matters is inside and background talk. Bottom line for KZ or for anyone in Bangladesh for that matter india is two face snake and never be trusted, period.

How can India accept or not accept Tarique? How does it matter? I don't get the logic.

What India wants matters a lot. Everything that has happened since 2007 has been influenced by India. The AL would not be in power if it was not for India providing diplomatic support in 2007 and bribing the BD army chief with 6 horses and safe exit.

What Khaleda Zia does not understand is that India will never allow Tareque back whatever they may promise now. Their objective is to bring in Barrister Andaleeb Rahman (Partho) whether through a BNP or Ershad government. Partho is now the main RAW man in Bangladesh. The Indians are grooming him to be PM.

You are living in a world of delusion. India is not one human being. It is country with government of a coalition of more than 20 parties. If you are talking about the India government which is essentially a Congress government, then how can they make a political party win in Bangladesh if they cannot make themselves win in Gujrat, Karnataka, West Bengal. I mean, does Congress party/government has more influence in Bangladesh than West Bengal? When they can't form a governmet in Bihar or UP, how the hell can they form a government in Dhaka?
What India wants matters a lot. Everything that has happened since 2007 has been influenced by India. The AL would not be in power if it was not for India providing diplomatic support in 2007 and bribing the BD army chief with 6 horses and safe exit.

What Khaleda Zia does not understand is that India will never allow Tareque back whatever they may promise now. Their objective is to bring in Barrister Andaleeb Rahman (Partho) whether through a BNP or Ershad government. Partho is now the main RAW man in Bangladesh. The Indians are grooming him to be PM.

Is there any thing in bangladesh which members here trust. You dont trust AL, BNP, Army....

You are living in a world of delusion. India is not one human being. It is country with government of a coalition of more than 20 parties. If you are talking about the India government which is essentially a Congress government, then how can they make a political party win in Bangladesh if they cannot make themselves win in Gujrat, Karnataka, West Bengal. I mean, does Congress party/government has more influence in Bangladesh than West Bengal? When they can't form a governmet in Bihar or UP, how the hell can they form a government in Dhaka?

You are talking about internal politics where RAW does not operate.

Back
Top Bottom