What's new

What is Bangladesh Nationalist Party's future after Khaleda Zia?

You could do that, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a good leader elected as many times as the people want and for as long as they can discharge their duties.

You must remember that most people in Bangladesh vote for the apex leader not the party or the ideology, it just wouldn't work if after two terms, people had to vote in someone they don't know or have never heard about.

All that would do is push people more towards whoever makes the best false promises during the election campaign..

I've said it before and I'll say it again now, this country and it's people are not ready for democracy and what it means, nor are they even capable of understanding what their votes mean and how powerful each vote is and how careful one must be while casting it.
Why do you think people are not ready for representative type of rule ? I keep hearing it, but no one can tell me why.

In 1870 ( earliest available record) US high School graduation rate was 2% of the population. People voted in those days at local, state, and federal level not only in that year but for a hundred years prior. Unless we consider BD people as inferior to American population I'm not sure how low education can be a reason for not having a representative type of government.

People from Bangladesh in developed Nations generally do very well financially over time when opportunities are available to grow, even the ones with very little education, poor communication skills, and certainly not elite.

Folks seem to mix up the point that given a choice to collect bribe and given a choice to offer bribe are two different things. In Bangladesh that difference has disappeared completely.
So the people all should blame are political leaders and administrative people, not the general population.
Representative type of government is a process that takes a long time to build up even when unhindered.
Politics is always local in any nation. The two factors people consider most are economy and law & order.
We need to let the democratic institutions grow to empower the people with the ability to change government when they want to.

And what will you BNP fanboys say when she is actually re-elected through a "free and fair election " ? Will you not then cry foul about unfair elections and ballot stuffing anyway ?
Elect her and her party in fair elections. No problem. But, do not indulge in praising the last midnight election by vote stuffing. It is a shame for the people of BD if someone claims people are stupid enough not to know who to vote for.

The present BAL govt is illegal.

Reform, get the Zias out or die.

Down with "family politics".
I agree ! Also , I don't think after Hasina any of her family members will be in politics!

And if Zia family can be kept out from politics, BNP will be freed from curse , or there will be no BNP.

Rather we can get a mighty party in another name.

Bangladesh really need at least three major parties , or a presidential form of government!

If no democracy , then a CCP ( after personality cult end) where all political parties will be merged and should be continued as a one party state.

That's the reason I want national unity govt , where all party will have equal numbers of representatives !

But no family dynasty ,no personality cult!

Why do you think people are not ready for representative type of rule ? I keep hearing it, but no one can tell me why.

In 1870 ( earliest available record) US high School graduation rate was 2% of the population. People voted in those days at local, state, and federal level not only in that year but for a hundred years prior. Unless we consider BD people as inferior to American population I'm not sure how low education can be a reason for not having a representative type of government.

People from Bangladesh in developed Nations generally do very well financially over time when opportunities are available to grow, even the ones with very little education, poor communication skills, and certainly not elite.

Folks seem to mix up the point that given a choice to collect bribe and given a choice to offer bribe are two different things. In Bangladesh that difference has disappeared completely.
So the people all should blame are political leaders and administrative people, not the general population.
Representative type of government is a process that takes a long time to build up even when unhindered.
Politics is always local in any nation. The two factors people consider most are economy and law & order.
We need to let the democratic institutions grow to empower the people with the ability to change government when they want to.
Couldn't have said it better myself!:cheers:

But we want freedom from family dynasty and personality cult!

Also maybe a presidential form will serve better in Bangladesh! FPTP system is a flawed system!

You must remember that most people in Bangladesh vote for the apex leader not the party or the ideology, it just wouldn't work if after two terms, people had to vote in someone they don't know or have never heard about.
Bhaijan , what if people shall have no other options? They will vote for others! So if no more than two term , surely people will vote and , personality cult will be ended!

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it, democracy just won't work in this country for a whole host of reasons.

They beat, starved, maimed, killed, looted, broke our mentality, got us to hate each other and our self's. Oh I forgot robbed us till we are dirt poor .

Left us with the gift of western democracy. What do you thinks its gonna happen, if you get/force all the chimps family member to kick the crap out of one. Then leave the wounded & crazed chimp a gun with a gift card in glittery writing "western democracy ".

If the chimp does not dance, well they control everything from essential grain , to the beans needed for chocolate.

Thank you, I have been well and I hope you've been likewise.

I do not think our politicians are capable of or willing to engage in a civil debate, most of our politicians started off as party goons so as such they have not the mental fortitude to have a civil discussion and debate.

Even if they were forced to engage in a debate, all they would do is air the others dirty laundry instead of making constructive criticisms of the others policies.

No matter how you look at it, democracy just won't work in this country for a whole host of reasons.

Like that doesn't happen in the UK or u.s or France. Even when their people are a educated to certain level.

Comeon, this dude is now pro-Jamatt when he spends all his time slagging off Islam. :lol:

If Jamatt can help get rid of Hasina and put his people in government, then he is all for them..

All he cares about is his own selfish interests and has no principles to speak of.

The guy has to get his needles some how, at least it for a good cause and he is bearing his health in mind.

Last edited:

As due back then the top 1 % and media and global interference didn't exist back then like it does now.

Elect her and her party in fair elections. No problem. But, do not indulge in praising the last midnight election by vote stuffing. It is a shame for the people of BD if someone claims people are stupid enough not to know who to vote for.

The present BAL govt is illegal.
I know that BNP boycotted 2014 elections. Do you think they will boycott again?

As due back then the top 1 % and media and global interference didn't exist back then like it does now.
It's fine, they will learn to think twice before listening to that 1% again. Democracy is an on going process.

I know that BNP boycotted 2014 elections. Do you think they will boycott again?
I am sure unless held under a caretaker govt, BNP will boycott the next general election. Many other opposition parties will follow the suit.

The BAL party will try to lure some unknown political parties to join the election with big money. But, without BNP participation it may not be recognized by the govts in America and Western countries.

You can expect a military takeover in that case, the govt headed by a general and either the present President remains in his post or the Chief Justice becomes the new election-time President.

I am sure unless held under a caretaker govt, BNP will boycott the next general election. Many other opposition parties will follow the suit.

The BAL party will try to lure some unknown political parties to join the election with big money. But, without BNP participation it may not be recognized by the govts in America and Western countries.

You can expect a military takeover in that case, the govt headed by a general and either the present President remains in his post or the Chief Justice becomes the new election-time President.
BNP only secured 7 seats in last election. How many more will they get this time?

BNP only secured 7 seats in last election. How many more will they get this time?
No one really knows the result of a future election. As for the seven seats won by BNP, Hasina Bibi arranged for the vote boxes to be stuffed at midnight before the election day.

Do you really believe that BNP will only get 7 seats if there is election? BNP isn't Muslim league yet , contrary to BAL propaganda!

But yes , if BNP will be sold out for 70/80 seats in next election and participate under BAL again , then from next election ( 2029) the numbers will keep reducing , and after another 5 years they will literally be Muslim league no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom