What's new

Slums in South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will help.

Many believe Dharavi, India’s largest slum in the heart of Mumbai, is also Asia’s largest. Wrong, says a United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) report. Karachi’s Orangi township is Asia’s largest slum.

Orangi, not Dharavi, is Asia’s largest slum, claims UNDP

UNDP is not Indian.

Let's see the whole quote and not bits and pieces.

Human Development Report for Mumbai, compiled with the help of UNDP and released by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), said.

So apparently UNDP chimed in while nearly all the work was done by bharatis.

But more importantly, I did some search on this on google - could only find a few indian sources on this. Nothing available on the UNDP website.

And as I said, Orangi is still a league or two ahead in terms of living standard to dhravi, with sanitation being much more easily available.

Indian trolling knows NO END!!! They claim that the UNDP said this, but they quote Indian Express & can't even show anything on the UNDP website. Pathetic!

The definition of slum in Pakistan is much wider than in bharat. :lol:

I bet parts of Orangi won't even be called a slum in bharat.

I just did some calculations for these 2 links in Post # 126. Even with those 2 links, the Bharatis just humiliate themselves.

The definition of slum in Pakistan is much wider than in bharat. :lol:

I bet parts of Orangi won't even be called a slum in bharat.

Btw what's this?

Slum is a slum.Period.

Unless some international organisation classifies the "different leagues" in slums, I have no business believing the words of fanbois.:wave:

Slum is a slum.Period.

Unless some international organisation classifies the "different leagues" in slums, I have no business believing the words of fanbois.:wave:

Rich is rich, but there are different leagues of rich.

Same thing here.

Vast majority of the people in Orangi have access to sanitation, however same can't be said about Dhravi. Just because international organization doesn't classify that, doesn't mean sh*t.

Slum is a slum.Period.

Show me on the UNDP website that Orangi Town is the biggest slum in the world :wave:

Rich is rich, but there are different leagues of rich.

Same thing here.

Vast majority of the people in Orangi have access to sanitation, however same can't be said about Dhravi. Just because international organization doesn't classify that, doesn't mean sh*t.

Arent you the one who always whines for "neutral,credible" source for everything ?

Why dont you do me the favour this time? I am in no mood to listen to an anonymous Pakistani's opinions for all I know you may be a sock puppet.

Just give me the source or buzz off.

Arent you the one who always whines for "neutral,credible" source for everything ?

Why dont you do me the favour this time? I am in no mood to listen to an anonymous Pakistani's opinions for all I know you may be a sock puppet.

Just give me the source or buzz off.

Dharavi is the largest slum in Asia: UNDP report (FROM THE UNDP WEBSITE!!!)

http://www.undp.org/legalempowermen...es/12_India/12_6_Informal_Business_Rights.pdf

The small entrepreneurs that we have taken up are those operating in the Dharavi area of the city. This area is/was known as the largest slum in Asia. It houses not only the slum dwellers who live in shacks or semi-pucca (permanent) houses. There are also a number of small industries in the slum that provide livelihood for a large section of the resident slum dwellers. The industries covered are similar to the HHIs in Delhi.

I guess you're done for today now lol :rofl:

Indians never ever claimed to be some martial race or some weird 1 X = 10 Y and then got their @zz spanked. :lol:
So they got their butt spanked without the claim. OK, let's agree on this one. :tup:

Guess i touched a raw nerve that the jammer even forgot who brought this in the first place :lol:

Nopes, you have just proved what makes you people tick, hell if it wasn't for this forum, you will be standing on a pile in some slum junction admiring your produce. :oops:

May be this can help Pakistani members

800px-Urban_population_living_in_slums.svg.png

File:Urban population living in slums.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UN-HABITAT.:. Urban Statistics

No, maybe this can.

http://www.undp.org/legalempowermen...es/12_India/12_6_Informal_Business_Rights.pdf

The small entrepreneurs that we have taken up are those operating in the Dharavi area of the city. This area is/was known as the largest slum in Asia. It houses not only the slum dwellers who live in shacks or semi-pucca (permanent) houses. There are also a number of small industries in the slum that provide livelihood for a large section of the resident slum dwellers. The industries covered are similar to the HHIs in Delhi.

This topic was started by an Indian claiming Orangi Town was the biggest slum in the world, not Dharavi.

Show me on the UNDP website that Orangi Town is the biggest slum in the world :wave:

I guess you're done for today now lol :rofl:

How can I be done without owning you ?

http://hdr.undp.org/en/reports/nationalreports/asiathepacific/india/Mumbai_2009_NHDR_EN.pdf

Go to page # 61 and see for yourself :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom