What's new

Similarities between Japanese and Urdu?

Oh my God, I watch Anime and I want to learn Japanese one day, I find their culture inspiring. Its kina nice to know we have some similarity in words between Urdu and Japanese. I donno how much it would be, there is one way to find out though, Learn Japanese ! ^_^

Arigato for the post.

Dont know About Japaneses But English has many similarities with Urdu!
lemon=Limmo
dont know if english stole word from urdu or hindustanis heard from brits and pronouced wrong and added in urdu! LOL

I think its nimmo Sounds same

Do Urdu have any word for TV? Phone?

I did not know this, but it's not surprising either.

Nice to know.

why dont u share some words boss?2 words are not enough to judge relationship between any 2 or more languages.sach is a sanskrit word (like sathya,sacheela).tamilians also come up with such unfound claims.

one more thing is however many words a language share with another language,it doesnt imply they both are related.in india the spoken hindi has a lot less sanskrit words than that of south indian languages.does tht mean south indian languages are related to sanskrit? a big no.

Dravidian languages are influenced by Sanskrit to varying degrees and spoken Hindi is actually not Hindi.

Thats true. But one isn't sure if the claim is all bogus. It was actually first proposed by linguist Robert Caldwell.

Researchers find Tamil connection in Japanese - Times Of India

THE GENEALOGY OF THE JAPANESE LANGUAGE

Korean and Tamil are connected :) | Hallyu Guru

Apparently we are all related...:no:

There are no similarities in Urdu and Japanese.

I've noticed this while watching anime!

That Japanese shares a lot of same words with Urdu!

For example.

Aray? in Japanese/Urdu = Huh?

Sachaii in Japanese and Sachhh in Urdu = Really?

I know at least 10 more!

In chinese "Soo jao" means go to sleep...In urdu its the same...
In chinese "Jao" means go away..In Urdu its the same

In Russian "Chaey" means tea..In Urdu its the same.

Russian is more like Pushtu lol

Interesting stuff, I wonder if there are more similarities between Urdu and Japanese in other words that aren't foreign loanwords :)

On another note, only anime I watched in half a year was Hyouka, maybe I should check if there are any good ones for the autumn season :P

In chinese "Soo jao" means go to sleep...In urdu its the same...
In chinese "Jao" means go away..In Urdu its the same

True. I've noticed this when watching Cantonese movies from Hong Kong. They usually say jao waa meaning go away.

yes japanese and urdu are almost identical --if only they would start writing it right to left instead of top to bottom...as for "families of languages" ---you believe everything some big head cooks up?.....

But the 2 languages are not related. One is a language Isolate and the other is part of the Indo-European language family
He probably wasn't indicating that but just the common words. Japanese is not a confirmed isolate.

Back
Top Bottom