What's new

Sikhs ruling India, Jatt Sikh to be next Indian Army Chief

Agree with you. They are just speaking emotionally now simple as that.

and not only many Pakistani but Indian members here also also doing uncalled for hoo haa.

The court has given its verdict according to the law. Now everyone should accept it.

if anyone has any issue with state they should take up all those issues with the concerned state institution.

this felt apt.

Nobody needs to prove that he was NOT involved. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove that he WAS involved. No court would ask someone to prove his innocence. If they can prove his guilt, he would be arrested. You cant shift the burden of proof like this.
I already conceded that he can't be thrown to jail. But what about doubt? Since these guys are handpicked by the civilian government they are ultimately the ones to be blamed if he later turns out to be what he is accused to be.

Since he is handpicked, the Indian government could have gone ahead and not chosen him over the doubt.

Or they could have let the case go to trial and have him acquitted, the center instead defended him - if the government defends him then how can you expect the government prosecutor to do a competent job?

There was no prosecution as this was no trial. The few questions were asked by the judge himself. It wasn't by the book, however you cut it. The government had a stake in making him eligible and it showed its hand in defending him from not letting the case go to trial.

The Indian SC dismissed the petition against him. Not acquitted him in a trial and alongside passed a note that the cases against him can still go on.

It is the judiciary who has decided that the case does not stand a chance of trial on account of the evidences provided/referred to in the petition. There are several cases that are handled in the Indian judiciary system without having to go through a trial and are not admitted into the courts.

I don't see an opposition to this decision of the court.. Yes, things might change if there are more evidences against him. At this juncture, everyone seems to be in agreement with the court, both the bureaucracy, IA and politicians.

this felt apt.

Nice Dig from old times

I already conceded that he can't be thrown to jail. But what about doubt? Since these guys are handpicked by the civilian government they are ultimately the ones to be blamed if he later turns out to be what he is accused to be.

Since he is handpicked, the Indian government could have gone ahead and not chosen him over the doubt.

Or they could have let the case go to trial and have him acquitted, the center instead defended him - if the government defends him then how can you expect the government prosecutor to do a competent job?

There was no prosecution as this was no trial. The few questions were asked by the judge himself. It wasn't by the book, however you cut it. The government had a stake in making him eligible and it showed its hand in defending him from not letting the case go to trial.

For there to be a trial, the courts (fully independent of the other branches of govt) have to be convinved that there is some merit in the allegations. Otherwise, it is thrown out in the preliminary stage itself. This issue was raked up recently by a kashmir based NGO after his name was put forward as the next COAS. The court correctly observed that this had been looked into at the time of the alleged happening, and Bikram Singh was found not to be culpable in anyway. And nothing had changed since then to merit a court case. You cant start a court case against anyone you want to, thats not how it works. As I said, your allegations should have SOME merit. That is for the courts to decide, and nobody in India doubts the integrity or independence of the courts.

By your logic, an NGO can make allegations against all the present Lt generals, and then what would the govt do? Not have a COAS at all? The govt cant prevent somebody from getting his rightful position just because someone alleged something or cast doubt without substantiating it properly. (And by the way chiefs are not exactly handpicked by the govt, they are appointed by seniority.)

Can we stop posting these thread's related to Sikh's (or any other religion) which are bound to be trolled.There are plenty of other topic's for flame baiting trolls.The frequency of Sikh threads has increased in these past few months and so is the mud slinging.

Lt Gen Ayyaz Salim Rana, HI(M), AC[2] — Chairman, Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Taxila. (Colonel Commandant of the Armoured Corps). Due to retire on September 29, 2012.
Lt Gen Khalid Nawaz Khan, HI(M), Baloch[3] — Commander, X Corps, Rawalpindi. (Colonel Commandant of the Baloch Regiment). Due to retire on October 4, 2013.

they are most senior generals after kiyani and wyne.....they can be pakistan army chiefs

On topic, congrats to Bikram Singh, and all the best wishes for him to discharge his duties from that post. He has to oversee some very major changes that are about to happen, I hope he is up to it. I don't give a rat's posterior about his religion or who he prays to or doesn't, and I'm sure most Indians will agree.

sorry but I have to say this...
I HATE SIKHS
thats just my personal view I just hate them they are all wanna bees.
I hope SECULAR India give out president from North East though it has been isolated for too long now :angry:

The Indian SC dismissed the petition against him. Not acquitted him in a trial and alongside passed a note that the cases against him can still go on.

OK, some clarifications.

The defence was not that there was no encounter. There was, and that has been stated so clearly.

The defence was not, as you have assumed, that Bikram Singh was injured, and therefore not guilty. He was ONE of FOUR casualties, a Colonel and a jawan dead, and Brigadier Singh and another officer wounded. It isn't very frequent in the Indian Army to knock off an officer and an OR, and injure two more officers to fake an encounter. The point also being that Bikram Singh was NOT the only casualty, and the question of his being merely grazed is not an argument against the seriousness of the encounter; it happened, and a secessionist was killed. The NGO says it was a fake encounter. There was no evidence that they had to bear this out, it was just a bald statement.

The case going on is in the J&K High Court. The Supreme Court saw nothing adverse about General Bikram Singh in the evidence presented, but also saw no reason to interfere with the existing case. It applied its mind where it was asked to, and left the rest alone.

I understand, but does that prove he was not involved at all? It is irrelevant, IMO. Not enough for a trial I understand, but enough to cast doubt.

Umm, OK, let's take a closer look.

1. The Commander wrote to the Indian authorities stating that several babies born in that region "had distinctly Indian features". I'm not very sure how to assess Bikram Singh's 'direct involvement' in this.

2. Major Ghuman of the SLI was put on trial for hiring a prostitute. Direct involvement? Failure to take action? He wasn't supposed to, but someone who WAS, did act.

3. Three soldiers were convicted of beating up a Charley who sold them 'fake gold dust'. They were, fairly and properly, put on trial, and now they're for the high jump.

I can only smile at this being supposed to affect a perfectly normal succession. Wouldn't you?

I HATE SIKHS
I hope SECULAR India give out president from North East though it has been isolated for too long now :angry:

Who the hell give a sh!t what a bl@@dy Britisher think about what....

I HATE SIKHS

Disgusting.

I already conceded that he can't be thrown to jail. But what about doubt? Since these guys are handpicked by the civilian government they are ultimately the ones to be blamed if he later turns out to be what he is accused to be
So this amounts to either the civilian govt being sure of his innocence , or being brave enough to .risk a blame later on, but not willing to bypass a capable leader to play it safe..

Back
Top Bottom