What's new

Sikhs ruling India, Jatt Sikh to be next Indian Army Chief

This is the defence that was presented before the SC:

I repeat, this was not on trial, but on the petition hearing. Hence the word of the center was taken on faith value. Moreover how does being secondment to Congo prove he was not involved at all? He was present there - if a trial would have acquitted him I would've agreed to him being "clean". Since in a trial there would have been someone to ask these questions as well.

Asim, I already told you - you overlooked it. He was seconded, not deputed; he was not in the chain of command! :D present, but not in command. This is not bureaucratic gobbledygook, just the bare facts.

There are tougher standards at appointing judges, tougher still when appointing Supreme Court judges. People get disbarred for the slightest indiscretion or doubt I am just not comfortable okaying a guy for his doubt in J&K, where my stakes lie, and of course the suspicion of smuggling and rape in Congo where humanity's stakes lie.

My duty was to raise an objection that I have since I am not in a position to physically alter the outcome.

So you are a SC judge? The INDIAN SUPREME COURT cleared him of any wrongdoing that may prevent him from becoming COAS. END OF.

tum logo ne kitni jane li 1993 me... in pakistan atleast no mandir,gurdwra or church has been destroy since its creation

plenty of counter-arguments are present. but open a new thread if you'd like to discuss.
let us not derail the thread further

tum logo ne kitni jane li 1993 me... in pakistan atleast no mandir,gurdwra or church has been destroy since its creation

Yes because Pakistan is known for its secular values! No you just drive minorites out and murder any politician trying to oppose a Blashphmy laws relegating Pakistani citizens from minority religions second class citizens in their own country.

You stay classy Pakistan.

Absurd- you can't punish someone for not being omnipresent and stopping 1-2 of 15,000 men from allegedly doing wrong. How would one go about keeping tabs on such a huge number of people??!

He should have better controls or should show due diligence that he tried to implement better controls. That aside if it doesn't come out he was a part of it all

Will give you a UK example. Lloyds TSB a few years back was caught in a scandal with one of its employees filmed advising customers to send money abroad in ways to avoid taxes. Not only was he caught some senior higher ups spent time in jail.

Wow, are you serious? You need to educate yourself about your own country. Here is the situation with respect to temples alone in pak:

Several Hindu temples have been destroyed in Pakistan. A notable incident was the destruction of the Ramna Kali Mandir in former East Pakistan. The temple was bulldozed by the Pakistan Army on March 27, 1971.The Dhakeshwari Temple was severely damaged during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, and over half of the temple's buildings were destroyed. In a major disrespect of the religion, the main worship hall was taken over by the Pakistan Army and used as an ammunitions storage area. Several of the temple custodians were tortured and killed by the Army though most, including the Head Priest, fled first to their ancestral villages and then to India and therefore escaped death.

In 2006, the last Hindu temple in Lahore was destroyed to pave the way for construction of a multi-storied commercial building. The temple was demolished after officials of the Evacuee Property Trust Board concealed facts from the board chairman about the nature of the building. When reporters from Pakistan-based newspaper Dawn tried to cover the incident, they were accosted by the henchmen of the property developer, who denied that a Hindu temple existed at the site.[162]

Several political parties in Pakistan have objected to this move, such as the Pakistan People's party and the Pakistani Muslim League-N.[163][164] The move has also evoked strong condemnation in India from minority bodies and political parties, including the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the Congress Party, as well as Muslim advocacy political parties such as the All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat.

(And read the last sentence to know what Indian muslims think of such barbarisms.)

Facepalm. Look at this video dated from 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are a SC judge? The INDIAN SUPREME COURT cleared him of any wrongdoing that may prevent him from becoming COAS. END OF.

The Indian SC dismissed the petition against him. Not acquitted him in a trial and alongside passed a note that the cases against him can still go on.

Asim, I already told you - you overlooked it. He was seconded, not deputed; he was not in the chain of command! :D present, but not in command. This is not bureaucratic gobbledygook, just the bare facts.

I understand, but does that prove he was not involved at all? It is irrelevant, IMO. Not enough for a trial I understand, but enough to cast doubt.

Snap out of your dream world.

PAKISTANIS ATTACK 30 HINDU TEMPLES
Published: December 08, 1992
SIGN IN TO E-MAIL
PRINT

Muslims attacked more than 30 Hindu temples across Pakistan today, and the Government of this overwhelmingly Muslim nation closed offices and schools for a day to protest the destruction of a mosque in India.

In Lahore thousands of people accompanied a bulldozer in demolishing an abandoned Hindu temple. Crowds set fire to six other temples and stormed the office of Air-India.

"Crush India!" marchers shouted. "Death to Hinduism!" Business was brought to a standstill by a strike that closed shops and offices.

The demonstrators were protesting the razing of a 16th-century Muslim mosque on Sunday by thousands of Hindu militants in the northern Indian town of Ayodhya. Government Protests

The Foreign Ministry summoned the Indian Ambassador to express Pakistan's indignation over the attack and to demand that India immediately restore the mosque. The Government also said it would appeal to the United Nations and the Organization of the Islamic Conference to impress on India the need to protect Muslims' rights. Prime Minister P. V. Narasimha Rao of India has expressed sorrow over the destruction and pledged to rebuild the temple. But students from Quaid-i-Azam University gathered at the Indian Embassy and burnt an effigy of Mr. Rao. "The only solution for Hindus is a holy war!" the students chanted. Less Than 2% of Population

ADS BY GOOGLE

About one and a half million Hindus live in Pakistan, less than 2 percent of the population of 120 million. About 97 percent are Muslim.

In Lahore, Muslims used a bulldozer, hammers and hands to demolish the Jain Mandar temple near Punjab University. The police did not intervene. Nor did they act when a crowd stormed the Air-India office, dragged furniture into the street and set it on fire. Because of religious and border disputes, relations between India and Pakistan have been hostile since the two nations were created in 1947 by the partitioning of Britain's former colony on the subcontinent. Tensions have deteriorated since the recent killings of two Pakistanis and the beating of a Pakistani diplomat by the Indian police. Attacks Across the South

Today protesters attacked five temples in Karachi and hurled rocks and set fire to 25 temples in towns across the southern province of Sind, where 95 percent of the Hindus in Pakistan live. In Sukkur, a town in Sind, the police fired tear gas to disperse a crowd that attacked shops owned by Hindus.

The police used tear gas to break up a crowd of 200 who hurled stones at a Hindu temple and broke down the doors of Hindu houses in the western city of Quetta. Several people were arrested and hurt, and a large police contingent was posted in the district to protect Hindus.

In Bangladesh, a mainly Muslim country east of India, thousands of Muslims broke through police cordons and set fire to the Air-India office in Dhaka, the capital.

The supreme religious leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, denounced the demolition of the mosque. But his message, read on Teheran radio, seemed relatively mild. Rather than calling for action by Indian Muslims, he urged New Delhi to uphold Muslim rights.

PAKISTANIS ATTACK 30 HINDU TEMPLES - NYTimes.com

As for destruction of chruches google Gojra.

The Indian SC dismissed the petition against him. Not acquitted him in a trial and alongside passed a note that the cases against him can still go on.

Yes but the fact they cleared the road for him to become COAS shows that, in their view, there is nothing compelling against his name/character. They can't interfere in ongoing court proceedings but they obviously have weighed it and see the trail will come to nothing and these claims are baseless.

Facepalm. Look at this video dated from 2008.

Ok, then there is one remaining. In any case, do you realise how horribly wrong post #138 was? I don't want to post similar stats of churches being destroyed, but there are plenty available if you google. India has nothing to learn from pakistan on religious tolerance. The least you people can do is not to make absurd statements like the one in post 138 to insult people's intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, then there is one remaining. In any case, do you realise how horribly wrong post #138 was? I don't want to post similar stats of churches being destroyed, but there are plenty available if you google. India has nothing to learn from pakistan on religious tolerance. The least you people can do is not to make absurd statements like the one in post 138 to insult people's intelligence.

If you want to discuss this open up a separate thread.

I understand, but does that prove he was not involved at all? It is irrelevant, IMO. Not enough for a trial I understand, but enough to cast doubt.

Nobody needs to prove that he was NOT involved. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove that he WAS involved. No court would ask someone to prove his innocence. If they can prove his guilt, he would be arrested. You cant shift the burden of proof like this.

Can you provide proof that you didnt murder someone in your life? Nobody can prove a negative statement like that. But unless someone can prove that you did commit a murder, you will not be arrested for not being able to prove the negative.

No I don't want to discuss it. I'm sure even the guy who wrote post #138 realises how wrong he was, and his eyes have been opened to things he wasn't taught in school. Google is there for him and anyone else who wants to know. There is nothing to discuss about post 138, it is just plain wrong.

I urge this thread to be closed it has just gotten so ridiculous and insulting.

If this was a thread about Pakistan this thread would have been locked up long ago.

Hehehe.... now you talk sense...

Thread is about new army chief of India & trolls are doing their best to burn it to ashes .. you are also in core...:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom