What's new

Sikhs ruling India, Jatt Sikh to be next Indian Army Chief

Truth to tell, these two allegations were so utterly absurd that everyone caught on straight away. Nevertheless, the Kashmir and the UN matters were both examined very carefully. Trust me on this, the man came out clean as a whistle on both.

This is the defence that was presented before the SC:

On Congo allegations, the Centre argued Bikram Singh was on secondment duty with the UN peacekeeping mission. He was not on deputation, and, therefore, had nothing to do with the alleged smuggling or trafficking charges against Indian personnel, the government said.

I repeat, this was not on trial, but on the petition hearing. Hence the word of the center was taken on faith value. Moreover how does being secondment to Congo prove he was not involved at all? He was present there - if a trial would have acquitted him I would've agreed to him being "clean". Since in a trial there would have been someone to ask these questions as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hot issues' within the IA. The IA pretty much knows who's bullshitting and who's straight; it's difficult to keep these concealed from one's peers. More than 95% of the allegations out of Kashmir are fudged; the remainder mostly are lapses by the para-militaries who are trained and officered to different standards. Clearly, neither of us is going to convince the other. But take it from me that most of us who keep track are happy that Bikram Singh is coming in.
I am not a fan of military trial. Personally I would have put more faith in the SC trial and acquittal had it gone through.

There is always a concern of dragging the institution's name through the mud. But anyway, this is just an opinion. Personally I would have erred on the side of caution and now by choosing him to replace VK Singh, they have anyway cast a doubt over IA's name.

People do get skipped over time to time, its not a hard and fast rule to promote the next senior most guy.

india current army chief is rajput i guess

kabhi dalits ko bhi apna army chief ya president bana do

in india there is no equality in people

You really know your stuff, don't you? Let's not push your giant intellect off balance; just look up K. R. Narayanan somewhere, anywhere.

LOL you forgot the Gujjars who created one of the biggest empires in INdia (Gurjara Pratiharas), you forgot the Dogras, you forgot the Kumaonis and Garwhalis, the Marathas, the Nairs, the Tamils etc etc...:lol:

Anyway for the specific question of whom to face, Mamata Di is enough for all of them..:P

Thank you..:D-

I was about to make that point!! :enjoy:

lol u are forgetting mughal empire ...king of india

hamein to yaad hai, hence we accept our muslim citizens and give equal respects. What about you? how are the minorities treated?
anyways, mughalon ka punjabiyon se kya len den, you speak the language of sikhs (punjabi) FYI

india current army chief is rajput i guess

kabhi dalits ko bhi apna army chief ya president bana do

in india there is no equality in people

Its rich coming from a person whose country officially discriminates against non-Muslims including Ahmedis.

The power of the pink pagg is too much, Bunty Singh.

let me shut u offff once it for all.

pakistan-surrender-1971.jpg

singh who lost leg in kargil now becomes a runner

India's blade runner, Major DP Singh - YouTube

This is the defence that was presented before the SC:

I repeat, this was not on trial, but on the petition hearing. Hence the word of the center was taken on faith value. Moreover how does being secondment to Congo prove he was not involved at all? He was present there - if a trial would have acquitted him I would've agreed to him being "clean". Since in a trial there would have been someone to ask these questions as well.

I am not a fan of military trial. Personally I would have put more faith in the SC trial and acquittal had it gone through.

There is always a concern of dragging the institution's name through the mud. But anyway, this is just an opinion. Personally I would have erred on the side of caution and now by choosing him to replace VK Singh, they have anyway cast a doubt over IA's name.

People do get skipped over time to time, its not a hard and fast rule to promote the next senior most guy.

Well the accusation regarding Congo were not of a nature where anyone was accusing him of being directly involved just some say he should he accountable because he was deputy commander of 3 brigades in which some of the alleged perpetrators where assigned. And why should this guys miss out when he has done absolutly nothing wrong?

And maybe in Pakistan such appointments are overlooked time to time but not in the IA, that's just not how it is done.

Back
Top Bottom