What's new

Sikh To Death, a War nerd's tribute to Sikh warriors

That is what I am trying to convey you the point you raised I never said they were wrong but side by side adding your POV is actually distorting the fact... tell me once I am Sikh by accepting Khalsa panth and fought a war, will that you consider a superiority of Sikh or Hindu warrior?

Just to mention one more point, Guru Gobind sahib himself says he is a descendant of Lav and Kusha (son of Lord Rama) and that was in his blood.. should i add that some sort of superiority point?

I dont know why are you feeling so insecured, where did i mentioned that sikhs are superior to hindus.

Buddy you are just losing heart, my posts never mean to offend other religions, but people deep in their faith gets different meaning.

I dont know why are you feeling so insecured, where did i mentioned that sikhs are superior to hindus.

Buddy you are just losing heart, my posts never mean to offend other religions, but people deep in their faith gets different meaning.

Please read your post#53 where you mentioned specific about saggregating Hindus/Sikhs from my post.. which catched my eye.. lets leave it here buddy.. :cheers:

Just to share with you my best friend is Sikh and we both goes to gurdwara on every sunday when I was in Mumbai.. hence I sometimes feel sensitive when people start separating based on all this relgion due to one or another reason..whethere it is Sikh/Hindu or Hindu/Muslim...

And dont forget the Great General Zorawar Singh....under whom my forefathers fought for the Great Dogra Army.

Guys..i am a hindu rajput..i have been following this thread and read many comments on what rights and wrongs Rajputs did.

I feel this is a thread about Sikhism and discussions should only be about that.Anyone having an 'urge' to crticise rajputs can open a seperate thread and can come up with his tribe or region and we will discuss both Rajputs and the criticisers tribe in detail.

And moreover you can crticise Rajputs for not having great leaders but never question their bravery.

Comming on topic:-

This article while praising Sikhs passed some racist comments on Bengalis.I dont know about the Sikhs who like this article but if i was a Sikh i wont have liked it coz i dont want people to praise me or my tribe at the cost of passing cheap comments about others.

I dont care if the author calls himself watever and if this is his writing style....tommorow if he calls me a motherf**ker..i wont say that "look he called himself a motherf##ker too"

Secondly there is nothing to be proud of Operation Bluestar..if at all the millitants managed to hold up was because of the fact that a "traitor" Sikh General of the Indian Army trained them.

This article praises Sikhs for OP Bluestar...if this is the case then we shouldnt be hurt by some Pakistanis being proud of Ajmal kasab.

Maybe Sikhs in Canada can be proud of this article..and be a helping hand to the Khalistan freedom fighters in Canada.

Dear Sir,

It's good to hear from someone with a connection to Zorawar Singh, one of the greatest generals that India had, and perhaps given less than his due because of the theatre in which he operated. Not many realise that the border between India and China today, Tibet as a subordinate region of China as it was then, was determined by the peace treaty between the representatives of the Dogra Durbar and the Tibetan representatives, acting without the authority of the Chinese imperial delegate to the Tibetan court. This treaty of 1841 was why we have a difficult time with the border, which was unfortunately never put into a settled state by the British subsequently.

The events leading to this peace treaty were stirring and makes brave reading.

Regarding the racist comments about Bengalis, what about the comments? Should we worry what the man writes? Suffice it to say that the Bengali resistance to the martial races should be sufficient to speak for itself, and we should not pay attention to these slanders. As far as the Pakistani Army is concerned, you could ask some of its older officers about the performance of the 1st Tigers in 65; there was some slight exaggeration - it wasn't standard doctrine to jump under Indian tanks with mines in their hands - but it was a brave performance and spoke for itself.

Regarding the 'traitor' Sikh general, this is one of the saddest things in our military history. Shahbeg Singh was a brilliant irregular forces commander - a Pakistani defence site is not the best place to recount his deeds, but if you write to me in private, you would learn about his outstanding record. He landed up with some feeling of neglect and of having been insufficiently rewarded, there was a court of enquiry which involved funds, he was censured, and that did it. He resigned in a huff and over time, gravitated to Bhindranwale's camp. Every account of Blue Star makes it clear how much his old comrades feared his participation, and how much that participation lived up to their fears. Nil nisi mortuis bonum.

This piece was not written in good taste, but unfortunately, everybody seems to be missing the point. It was not meant to be in good taste; it is the equivalent of the shock jock shows in the US, here the difference being that the author writes a story with tongue thoroughly in cheek, and in a wildly-exaggerated, over-the-top fashion. That's his selling point, that offensive style, and there's not much point in getting offended. If, as a Bengali, I can hold myself back, there is no reason others can't; it'd be silly to lose one's cool over this frivolous article, which means to entertain and does so with sly competence.

Sincerely,

firstlyif i hav offended some one here then my apologies ...mayb its because u didn get the intention of my post or I hadn put across my points in a more precise way..

all i said was if only they were more united then the invaders would not have been sucessful in their attempts in looting India.

And funny a thread abt Sikhs ,in wich I mentioned abt the Gorkhas first gets turned towards the Rajputs.And as i told it is for no reason that there are more than a handful rajput IB's in the Indian army.

I rest my case here

@Karthik, you were not one of the best Indian poster here.. what happened to you today? No one here degrading anyone's clan/sect.. we are here discussing just the best of Sikh warriors and the representation of them in such BS article..

??:what:?

@ joe:

I too know abt Alaudin Khilji and his general Malik Khafur...wat i meant was the Tamils were defeated in battles but were never subjugated completely until the British came.

And its not Tanjore..its the Madurai Nayaks and they were not completely marathas...but Maratha intermingling with Tamils and a political alliance taking place.

You are missing the point here,dude. Do not forget that Netaji Subhash chandra bose does get a respectable mention! The problem is not the 'martial race' mentality but the fact that indian media rarely projects anyone else apart from the ruling party family as heroes . ( Otherwise you would know the name of wasudev balawant fadke who belonged to a so called ' martial race ' )

That is why I think we need to share these stories and pass all of them to the next generation.

If there ever was any doubt about bengali courage it was thoroughly demolished in the freedom struggle of India. Netaji being the brightest example!

@ colddude, Will you please let us know more about general Zorawar singh?

Dear Sir,

With respect, Subhas Bose was hardly the bravest. One of the brightest, politically brave, not afraid to think for himself and to resist Gandhi's tyranny - sure.

With respect to physical courage, any of the others you mentioned were braver, and the pick of them ought to be Bagha Jatin, whose raw courage even Tegart, his killer, admired.

I'd love to hear from cold dude about Zorawar and from you about Lachit Barphukan. Incidentally, more than Tamils and Marathas, the Ahoms kept the Mughals out successfully. You should tell the story.

Regards,

firstlyif i hav offended some one here then my apologies ...mayb its because u didn get the intention of my post or I hadn put across my points in a more precise way..

all i said was if only they were more united then the invaders would not have been sucessful in their attempts in looting India.

And funny a thread abt Sikhs ,in wich I mentioned abt the Gorkhas first gets turned towards the Rajputs.And as i told it is for no reason that there are more than a handful rajput IB's in the Indian army.

I rest my case here

??:what:?

sorry about "Not". Sentence formation lead to negation here. my point was actually to appreciate you as one of the best indian poster as per my POV..FYI, I have edited my post..

@ topic, comparing Sikh warriors to other clans was actually not required as this was not comparative analysis... and few historical poitns you mentioned are actually faulty..but as you didn't do it intentionally.. hence.. Peace from my side..:cheers:

Dear Sir,

With respect, Subhas Bose was hardly the bravest. One of the brightest, politically brave, not afraid to think for himself and to resist Gandhi's tyranny - sure.
With respect to physical courage, any of the others you mentioned were braver, and the pick of them ought to be Bagha Jatin, whose raw courage even Tegart, his killer, admired.

I'd love to hear from cold dude about Zorawar and from you about Lachit Barphukan. Incidentally, more than Tamils and Marathas, the Ahoms kept the Mughals out successfully. You should tell the story.

Regards,

JS, Here my opinions are different from yours as brave's definition is -"possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance" and this fits totally with Subhash Chandra Bose... He was brave enough to break his place under brit's supervision... brave to meet Japanese and building a full fledged army.. brave enough to stand infront of Indians asking for their blood to give them independence.. May be we have different definition of Brave..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom