What's new

Shourya hypersonic missile launch successful

Failure is the pillar of success. All countries developed their own systems had failures. Many of the American and Russian missile tests in recent years have failed.

yeah some people need to understand that

Can anyone tell about lakshya and what happened to it.what kind of thing it is

There is a recent thread about lakshya pls visit it. i have posted some details.

No Sir, a strategic missile with such dimensions for an antiship role is oxymoron. First question is a missile with a range more than 700 km need to know in which direction to fly and by the time the missile is about to reach its intended target, the target could have sailed further then in such case maneuvering such a large and heavy missile at hypersonic speeds is simply not possible.

I don't know how the Chinese intend to do it. It seems they have found some magic wand.

1) That will be the question, DETECTION. Shaurya or other long range anti-ship missile can be launched only after the ship is detected. satellites, AWACS and long range radars.

2) It will take only 500 seconds or say 8 minutes for Shaurya to reach the ship in that time it cannot sail more than few kms which can be easily taken care by the onboard seeker. Normal anti-ship missiles takes much more time than this but still engage the ship.

I think it is clear now.

No it cannot be intercepted by current ABM's , even best of US AMD will not work at Mach7 though it can be claimed when missile launch is exactly known. Remember during tests , the Anti-Missile knows the time and direction of launch .
Any way there are no enemies who can intercept that, so we will have 100% kill if it succeeds
Newest ABM can intercept missiles higher than Mach 7 but the problem they face with Shaurya is its cruising altitude and high maneuverability. Its is very difficult but not impossible.

Oh thats great, are u sure? I think a part will fall away after stage separation .
Yeah, sure.

There is a recent thread about lakshya pls visit it. i have posted some details.

1) That will be the question, DETECTION. Shaurya or other long range anti-ship missile can be launched only after the ship is detected. satellites, AWACS and long range radars.

2) It will take only 500 seconds or say 8 minutes for Shaurya to reach the ship in that time it cannot sail more than few kms which can be easily taken care by the onboard seeker. Normal anti-ship missiles takes much more time than this but still engage the ship.

I think it is clear now.

Nice and easy method.How about my reply sir??

I think it is clear now.

Sir, suppose you have all the radars in space, on ground, in the air , on the sea, which can detect the ship.
The ship is a moving target. Even if we have the best of seekers on board shourya, how we are going to maneuver the missile traveling at mach 8 speed. Remember shourya is very big and heavy. what technology would make it possible to maneuver a heavy large hypersonic missile to maneuver and that too in seconds.

Newest ABM can intercept missiles higher than Mach 7 but the problem they face with Shaurya is its cruising altitude and high maneuverability. Its is very difficult but not impossible.
If they had pre launch details like tests .
Can you give me a proved example of such systems . I think there are no current systems like that .

Sir, suppose you have all the radars in space, on ground, in the air , on the sea, which can detect the ship.
The ship is a moving target. Even if we have the best of seekers on board shourya, how we are going to maneuver the missile traveling at mach 8 speed. Remember shourya is very big and heavy. what technology would make it possible to maneuver a heavy large hypersonic missile to maneuver and that too in seconds.

With thrust vectoring and aerodynamic control surfaces.Remember,it's the DRDO scientists who developed this missile claimed that Shaurya is to highly manueverable and can regulate its course just like any other cruise missiles-so where is the problem mate??It's not that we are claiming this!!

Few points...

1) Shaurya weighs only 6 tonnes. It is a two stage missile.

2) So after first stage removed, it will be around four tonnes. Nearly same weight of Brahmos (3 tonnes).

3) Shaurya will not need current 1 ton payload as well.

4) Shaurya is already highly maneuverable, while ships move relatively slow. If we can have a highly agile anti-ballistic missile like AAD which needs to be more correct than milliseconds than it can. We have done it through Brahmos (Mach 3), we are planning to do it with Brahmos-2 (Mach 7) than we can do it with Shaurya too.

If they had pre launch details like tests .
Can you give me a proved example of such systems . I think there are no current systems like that .

THAAD system developed by US is the best example. AAD developed developed by India or Arrow-II developed by Israel/US can engage a missile with speed of more than Mach 7 inside atmosphere. How? Say, AAD is developed against 2000 km rangeballistis missile targets which has speed more than Mach 7.

But Shaurya's path is not predefined like ballistic missiles and it is highly maneuverable, so it will be very difficult, chances will be low but not impossible.

Few points...

1) Shaurya weighs only 6 tonnes. It is a two stage missile.

2) So after first stage removed, it will be around four tonnes. Nearly same weight of Brahmos (3 tonnes).

3) Shaurya will not need current 1 ton payload as well.

4) Shaurya is already highly maneuverable, while ships move relatively slow. If we can have a highly agile anti-ballistic missile like AAD which needs to be more correct than milliseconds than it can. We have done it through Brahmos (Mach 3), we are planning to do it with Brahmos-2 (Mach 7) than we can do it with Shaurya too.

Oh....BANG on target buddy.That's the virtue of experience.Keep it up bro.
REGARDS. . . .

I think it is clear now.
Keep in mind that all seekers, active EM or passive IR, have scan limits, meaning the seeker cannot see beyond its physical limitations imposed by the nose cone. There is a risk that by the time the missile reached the general vicinity where the target is supposed to be, the target may be outside of the seeker's scan limits.

Assuming the seeker is active EM, there is a manufacturing defect call 'radome aberration'...

radome_aberr.jpg

http://www.afmc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123263202
The slightest aberration in the curvature of the radome can throw off the array signal, giving the pilot false readings. Each range has a working radar array for the particular aircraft, and the radome is placed over the array. The radar signal is emitted, and through a six-hour testing process, technicians determine whether any adjustments are needed in the radome thickness.

"The best way to describe it is we are like an eye doctor," said Charlie O'Malley, radome range supervisor. "We make it thin in some places and thick in some places. We reshape it so the pilot sees a perfect target."

All active EM seekers suffers this defect. The issue is manufacturing tolerances where the missile's avionics does not have to deal with this error beyond a certain statistical point. That point is secret, of course.

Passive IR seekers suffers similar manufacturing defects in the glass nose cone.

If vietnam and india are not signatory to mtcr then it should be transfered to vietnam army and navy..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom