What's new

Shourya hypersonic missile launch successful

I am not sure but most possibly no. Russia/US may or may not have it.

Russia ,They may have or not ...

US-- they have tested a hypersonic glider from mid air but it lasted for just 6 or 10 seconds and the glider lost control...

So only india has a hypersonic cruise missile which has succesfully hit target 750 KM 3 times

Here something interesting............

V.G. Sekaran, Director, Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL), Hyderabad, called it “a good flight” and he was confident that the production of Shourya would go on as per plan because the missile this time was picked up from the production lot. “We achieved the full range for the ground launch configuration,” he said.

They are already producing the missile most probably for the Navy. Today's test was to validate and further its induction in the Army. So, soon we will see another missile regiment being raised for Shourya , India's first canisterised strategic missile.

:agree:

Perhaps Russian Iskander

Yes, it is a close contender but range is only 400 km and capable of carrying conventional warhead. So near same type but different category.

Russia ,no they dont have...

US-- they have tested a hypersonic glider from mid air but it lasted for just 6 or 10 seconds and the glider lost control...

So only india has a hypersonic cruise missile which has succesfully hit target 750 KM 3 times

Possible. You may be correct.

Russia ,no they dont have...

That is incredible achievement

Well so shaurya is being produced, Put 1 regiment of shaurya with Brahmos in NE...will be too hot n spicy!!

Well so shaurya is being produced, Put 1 regiment of shaurya with Brahmos in NE...will be too hot n spicy!!

More than Brahmos Shaurya is a nightmare for enemies because it is nuclear capable and does not leave the atmosphere, its detection by radars would be too late to track and intercept. Further more it does not follow the ballistic path instead it does steep dive hence for any ABM system it would be pain to predict its path for interception. Shaurya is powered throughout its path up to the point of landing.

More than Brahmos Shaurya is a nightmare for enemies because it is nuclear capable and does not leave the atmosphere, its detection by radars would be too late to track and intercept. Further more it does not follow the ballistic path instead it does steep dive hence for any ABM system it would be pain to predict its path for interception. Shaurya is powered throughout its path up to the point of landing.
That's the reason it was kept secret..The second test was secret too...

I was surprised to read this statement:-
V.G. Sekaran, Director, Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL), Hyderabad, called it “a good flight” and he was confident that the production of Shourya would go on as per plan because the missile this time was picked up from the production lot. “We achieved the full range for the ground launch configuration,” he said.

Who knows may be there are some silos in NE ready to fire Shaurya!!! :)

why dont India cancel developing Brahmos- 2 hypersonic which is in still paper and replace it with 3 times Succesfully tested Shaurya hypersonic????

Or is Shaurya bigger than Brahmos ????

Brahmos is a more accurate missile as compared to Shourya.... secondly Brahmos can be air launched.. and weights half of shourya....

Maturity on work. :) Te missile test was very important as there was little info about K-15. We now know more about our missile on the Arihant. I think the navigation system is the newly developed FOG or MEMS gyros and not sure about the guidance.

I am looking forward for an Anti-ship version of Shaurya. :D

I would look forward to a carrier killer version of Shaurya.But for that to achieve we gonna need 2 very crucial things-
1.A terminal seeker and an INS accurate enough to conduct the task of terminal digital correlation because current seekers will have a very very hard time (and a short time too) to keep track on and change its course with the moving AC due to the extreme vellocity of Shaurya.
2.The most crucial requirement-to locate and track an AC into the vast ocean India will need a constellation of ocean surveillance sattelites with high resolution SARs.

For requirement 1,DRDO is already developing one such seeker with Russia for Brahmos 2,that should be easily intigrated with Shaurya.
For the more crucial requirement 2 however,we may
have to wait longer.
But we are currently going in the right direction at an incredibly fast pace.Kudos to DRDO scientists for their dedication and this great achievement.

REGARDS. . . . . . . . .

DSC02144.JPG

Launcher.

As far I know China DF-21D(anti ship missile with mach speed 10 ,range 3000+km ) is superior over shourya.

That's a ballistic missile,why are you comparing it with Shaurya which is a cruise missile??Just take a look at the size of both systems and then talk.Besides,only greater range does not mean superiority.

As far I know China DF-21D(anti ship missile with mach speed 10 ,range 3000+km ) is superior over shourya.

DF-21D is a ballistic missile......

Shaurya is a cruise missile which wont leave the atmosphere,Where as DF go out of atmosphere and reenters

people can u tell me which is more accurate??Ballistic missile or a cruise missile??

That's a ballistic missile,why are you comparing it with Shaurya which is a cruise missile??Just take a look at the size of both systems and then talk.Besides,only greater range does not mean superiority.

Both are come under quasi ballistic missile that is y I told . One is hypersonic and other one is high hypersonic , IMO high hypersonic with re-entry speed is superior.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom