What's new

Shourya hypersonic missile launch successful

I would look forward to a carrier killer version of Shaurya.But for that to achieve we gonna need 2 very crucial things-
1.A terminal seeker and an INS accurate enough to conduct the task of terminal digital correlation because current seekers will have a very very hard time (and a short time too) to keep track on and change its course with the moving AC due to the extreme vellocity of Shaurya.
2.The most crucial requirement-to locate and track an AC into the vast ocean India will need a constellation of ocean surveillance sattelites with high resolution SARs.

For requirement 1,DRDO is already developing one such seeker with Russia for Brahmos 2,that should be easily intigrated with Shaurya.
For the more crucial requirement 2 however,we may
have to wait longer.
But we are currently going in the right direction at an incredibly fast pace.Kudos to DRDO scientists for their dedication and this great achievement.

REGARDS. . . . . . . . .

Well said. I also thought about Brahmos seeker for Shaurya or may be AAD seeker. AAD is a hypersonic missile like Shaurya. One of the main challenge would have been extreme heat generated during high speed could damage the seeker and radome but we have developed the technology through AAD. I think it will not be difficult to put it on Shaurya.

I would look forward to a carrier killer version of Shaurya.But for that to achieve we gonna need 2 very crucial things-
1.A terminal seeker and an INS accurate enough to conduct the task of terminal digital correlation because current seekers will have a very very hard time (and a short time too) to keep track on and change its course with the moving AC due to the extreme vellocity of Shaurya.
2.The most crucial requirement-to locate and track an AC into the vast ocean India will need a constellation of ocean surveillance sattelites with high resolution SARs.

For requirement 1,DRDO is already developing one such seeker with Russia for Brahmos 2,that should be easily intigrated with Shaurya.
For the more crucial requirement 2 however,we may
have to wait longer.
But we are currently going in the right direction at an incredibly fast pace.Kudos to DRDO scientists for their dedication and this great achievement.

REGARDS. . . . . . . . .

No Sir, a strategic missile with such dimensions for an antiship role is oxymoron. First question is a missile with a range more than 700 km need to know in which direction to fly and by the time the missile is about to reach its intended target, the target could have sailed further then in such case maneuvering such a large and heavy missile at hypersonic speeds is simply not possible.

I don't know how the Chinese intend to do it. It seems they have found some magic wand.

DSC02144.JPG

Launcher.

6615289.png

shaurya_missile.jpg

Here comes the hyper-sonic killer...

Heaven or Hell delivered in a blink of an eye.!

Well done countrymen.
th_Indian_flag.gif

This is not just a new weapon system...

It's a acheivement by Indian scientists..Congrats to them

Tell me guys how many country in this world has cruise missile which can nuke a 750KM far given point at a speed of 2.3KM per second(mach 7)??
And if warhed is reduced to 500Kg it can exceed 1000Kms ranges!!

It can be intercepted but much more difficult than other missiles.
No it cannot be intercepted by current ABM's , even best of US AMD will not work at Mach7 though it can be claimed when missile launch is exactly known. Remember during tests , the Anti-Missile knows the time and direction of launch .
Any way there are no enemies who can intercept that, so we will have 100% kill if it succeeds
It is called stage separation. Shaurya has better stage separation system than earlier missiles. It virtually stops and the second stage starts, more reliability.
Oh thats great, are u sure? I think a part will fall away after stage separation .

No Sir, a strategic missile with such dimensions for an antiship role is oxymoron. First question is a missile with a range more than 700 km need to know in which direction to fly and by the time the missile is about to reach its intended target, the target could have sailed further then in such case maneuvering such a large and heavy missile at hypersonic speeds is simply not possible.

I don't know how the Chinese intend to do it. It seems they have found some magic wand.

You should have taken the pain to read my post before posting a reply.Why do you think I mentioned the need of ocean surveillance satellites with SARs huh??The satellites with SARs can easily pick up the AC and send the track data and coordinates of the AC to the Shaurya with a secure downlink.As the Shaurya is a cruise missile it can regulate its course as per direction provided by the sat as the AC moves and guide itself near the AC and then the onboard terminal seeker will take over the guidence and then........KABOOM!!Given the accuracy of Shaurya of 'few meters',it can definately hit a big target like an AC.That was my point.
REGARDS. . . .

seems like that since your countrymen arent trolling as much as they would have done if it had failed

Failure is the pillar of success. All countries developed their own systems had failures. Many of the American and Russian missile tests in recent years have failed.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom