What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
@ For Mymensingh, it was changed to "Momenshahi" during Pakistan period. Still the Cantt in Mymensingh is called Momenshahi. The Cadet College is called Momenshahi instead of Mymensingh.

@ I am sure, "Ganj" and "Pur" is either a Persi or Urdu word.

@ Many names were changed during Pakistan's times like, Rajendrapur was changed to Gazipur.
Good. :tup: What about the rest? A half hearted approach won't do justice.

Pur comes from Puri meaning city. Origin - Sanskrit :bad: Stinks :)

@ I am sure, "Ganj" and "Pur" is either a Persi or Urdu word.

We say ganj to mean bald :D (Urdu/Punjabi)

Baldness.jpg

wannna be arabs..typical identity crisis.. well not seeing them for the first time...

Good. :tup: What about the rest? A half hearted approach won't do justice.

Pur comes from Puri meaning city. Origin - Sanskrit :bad: Stinks :)

Dhaka - Jahangir
Sylhet - Jalalabad (some people still refer it to as that)
Chittagong - Islamabad and or Bayzad Bastami (now only an area in CTG is called Bayzad)
Rajshahi is Rajshahi
Even if you go

Most of these names were created during the Bengal Sultanate, excluding Dhaka's name. For example my district called Sunamganj was part of 'Muazzamabad' and is where most of BD's famous awliyas settled.

Dhaka - Jahangir
Chittagong - Islamabad and or Bayzad Bastami (now only an area in CTG is called Bayzad)
Rajshahi is Rajshahi
Even if you go

Most of these names were created during the Bengal Sultanate, excluding Dhaka's name. For example my district called Sunamganj was part of 'Muazzamabad' and is where most of BD's famous awliyas settled.

Any suggestion for the country's name?

Dhaka - Jahangir
Rajshahi is Rajshahi
Even if you go

So that pretty much covers it all.

We are making progress :enjoy:

Now let's discuss the name of your country. What will it be?
Also the flag?

I wonder though, once the deed is done, will the cacophony be louder or more mute when we get down to the evil kaffir genocidal attack?
Hard to say. Xenophobia is a disease... so not sure if anything is going to suffice...

Any suggestion for the country's name?

UAB, United Arab Bangladesh/Bangladeshistan/Bengalistan/Akhandistan Bharatistan/Mujibistan/RAWistan

Oh c'mon, the Arabic script is the most beautiful there is! Even Indians can't deny that :rolleyes:

Hey, I actually I like the Hebrew script as well for some reason, especially the one found in their Torah scrolls.

So what calligraphic style will it be? Naskh or Nastaliq?

Aramaic or Syriac.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom