What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
You think this is a joke? :mad: This thread alone can change the taqdeer of your country...

Please answer seriously - about the name of your country...

Okay, Gandhistan it is to as a sign to show our love to Undura Gandhi

@ Definitely, we are Bangladeshi first and then Bengali. We always wants a separate identity between the Bengalise of West Bengal and Bengalise of East Bengal.

I was not referring to the quest for identity for either Bangladeshi or for west Bengal residents, but to the idiocy of those who claim to be able to distinguish between the two, rather than seeking to highlight distinctive features.

@ Finally, what I was trying to argue that majority of our people are muslim migrated from Northern India and other areas of Central and Middle East.

A recurring theme in Bangladeshi accounts and histories, but difficult to support. This needs a thread by itself, and it is not worthwhile going into detail just at this point, in this thread.

@ As I have said ealier also that blood matters a lot on human behaviour. I have keenly observed the attitude and behaviour of our Bengali muslim people of different areas and districts. There are lot of differences in food habits also. There are differences in languages.
Sylheti - "Amar bones shadi hoia giache".
Chittagong - "Chale khushbo nai".
Noakhali - " I no jhai tum".
Dhakai Kutti - " Ek dom khotum khoira demu".

There is really not much to be said about such ephemerea: I am sorry to be so dismissive, but it is difficult to link blood and differences in attitude, behaviour, food habits and dialectal variations. This is a blind alley. It builds identity, it doesn't predict any of the characteristics listed.

Nope!! But why are you using a different colour font, it's difficult to read. Btw, if Indians oppose you, you have a problem, and when they support you, you have a problem!!!!! But I completely support you on this topic. :-)

Either the poster has discovered how to change font colours, or the poster wishes to be in stealth mode, but with an open window.

Last edited:
My grandfather was a Pashtun born in Pakistan.

You're partially Pakistani? Interesting, how come you decided to stick with BDesh after 71? A lot of Pakistanis residing in East Pakistan at the time, as well as Biharis and some Bengalis migrated to Pakistan. They were welcomed with open arms; and surely your family (supposing they share your views) couldn't have supported the independence movement?

I was also wondering how many of you are not Bengalis or not pure Bengalis and suffering with the 'imposed' Bengali identity, I know @The Snow Queen is not, but what about the rest? kindly reply
the term "Bangladeshi" cannot be a substitute for a "Bengali". not accounting for West Bengal, Bangladesh by itself does not solely represent even Bengali Muslims as a religious-ethnic group. there are other groups of people who are Bangladeshis.

so if you interact with a Bangladeshi, it is very ignorant of you to assume he is Bengali Muslim for example. even if he is a Bengali Muslim, the concept of "Bengali" to a Muslim is more region-based. but for a Bengali Hindu the concept of being "Bengali" means having an "un-corrupted" lineage and following a purist Hindu Bengali culture or Bangaliyana.

for a Bengali Muslim, being "Bengali" represents a melting pot of various Muslim groups who came together in the region over time. whereas a Bengali Muslim considers the practise of languages and scripts like Farsi, Urdu and Arabic, and Nastaliq and Naskh, as enriching and fulfilling for Bengal and of being "Bengali", a purist Bengali Hindu considers such influence as corrupting. also during colonial period, because Hindus gained the authority to define what is official "Bengali" language and what is "Bengali" culture, only Hindu culture became "Bengali" culture and Bengal's Muslim culture became just Muslim culture

now about Bangladesh, it is an entity that was created by Muslims of various regions of then-British India who were later considered different ethnicities. however probably all these different subcontinental Muslim ethnicities were just "Muslims" before all these classifications

You're partially Pakistani? Interesting, how come you decided to stick with BDesh after 71? A lot of Pakistanis residing in East Pakistan at the time, as well as Biharis and some Bengalis migrated to Pakistan. They were welcomed with open arms; and surely your family (supposing they share your views) couldn't have supported the independence movement?
even Awami League officially and Sheikh Mujib did not support any so-called "independence" movement

even Awami League officially and Sheikh Mujib did not support any so-called "independence" movement

I wonder who did...the country did not get create just out of thin air, isn't it?

@ Definitely, we are Bangladeshi first and then Bengali. We always wants a separate identity between the Bengalise of West Bengal and Bengalise of East Bengal.

@ Finally, what I was trying to argue that majority of our people are muslim migrated from Northern India and other areas of Central and Middle East.

@ As I have said ealier also that blood matters a lot on human behaviour. I have keenly observed the attitude and behaviour of our Bengali muslim people of different areas and districts. There are lot of differences in food habits also. There are differences in languages.
Sylheti - "Amar bones shadi hoia giache".
Chittagong - "Chale khushbo nai".
Noakhali - " I no jhai tum".
Dhakai Kutti - " Ek dom khotum khoira demu"
with all due respect Md Akmal bhai i think you mixed up some of these :lol:

Yes, my family does have Central Asian and Afghan roots but can't say that for everyone. And most people in fact don't look like they have foreign origins, most especially the poor and most of our people are poor... So that explains why... We are diverse people and have many people with different looks. I mean, what does a typical Bengali even look like? Can you explain?

Here are some Bangladeshis:
Shawon Rocking - Profile Pictures | Facebook
Imran Hossain Jeetu | Facebook
Lõvê Bïrd Réhã | Facebook

What do they look like to you?

And, I am a Bangladeshi not a Bengali. We are Bangladeshis.
i don't like this posting of random profiles like this. and what type of names are those?

UAB, United Arab Bangladesh/Bangladeshistan/Bengalistan/Akhandistan Bharatistan/Mujibistan/RAWistan

Aramaic or Syriac.
what about Indurastan? to commemorate the person who spearheaded the Akhand Bharat invasion into East/PakBangladesh?

Last edited:

Me stick for BD during 71? I wasn't even born during that time. Well yeah my Grandfather used to travel a lot... And moving to Pakistan just didn't happen... I don't know why...

i don't like this posting of random profiles like this. and what type of names are those?

I don't know... Just really random.

Last edited:
with all due respect Md Akmal bhai i think you mixed up some of these :lol:

what about Indurastan? to commemorate the person who spearheaded the Akhand Bharat invasion into East/PakBangladesh?
Sorry, in the commotion we forgot about you. My apologies.

We have already got the names for all major cities having Hindu names. The last one is the name of your country and design of your flag. Saiful was just taking this too lightly :mad:

So now I humbly request you to propose an alternate name for your watan... You can also suggest a new flag.

UAB, United Arab Bangladesh/Bangladeshistan/Bengalistan/Akhandistan Bharatistan/Mujibistan/RAWistan

Though I personally liked the name"Al-mamlakah al-Bongliyyah al awamiyah" suggested by @drraisinherald for replacing the pagan name of Bangladesh, :) I am suggesting some smaller names like "Khilafatshahi" or "Rashidunshahi" to replace the name of Bangladesh, and I am really serious about my suggestion and want your opinion on this. Please ignore the suggestions if these names unintentionally hurt any religious feelings. I intentionally avoided names ending with "Stan" to differentiate it from other sub-continent countries like Hindustan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

@khair_ctg @the just @aazidane @Skies @asad71 @MBI Munshi @Md Akmal @Saiful Islam @The Snow Queen
What do you think?

the term "Bangladeshi" cannot be a substitute for a "Bengali". not accounting for West Bengal, Bangladesh by itself does not solely represent even Bengali Muslims as a religious-ethnic group. there are other groups of people who are Bangladeshis.

so if you interact with a Bangladeshi, it is very ignorant of you to assume he is Bengali Muslim for example. even if he is a Bengali Muslim, the concept of "Bengali" to a Muslim is more region-based. but for a Bengali Hindu the concept of being "Bengali" means having an "un-corrupted" lineage and following a purist Hindu Bengali culture or Bangaliyana.

for a Bengali Muslim, being "Bengali" represents a melting pot of various Muslim groups who came together in the region over time. whereas a Bengali Muslim considers the practise of languages and scripts like Farsi, Urdu and Arabic, and Nastaliq and Naskh, as enriching and fulfilling for Bengal and of being "Bengali", a purist Bengali Hindu considers such influence as corrupting. also during colonial period, because Hindus gained the authority to define what is official "Bengali" language and what is "Bengali" culture, only Hindu culture became "Bengali" culture and Bengal's Muslim culture became just Muslim culture

now about Bangladesh, it is an entity that was created by Muslims of various regions of then-British India who were later considered different ethnicities. however probably all these different subcontinental Muslim ethnicities were just "Muslims" before all these classifications

I don't entirely agree, but your posts have been refreshingly free of cant and hypocrisy, and always informative. There have been others - @Md Akmal, when he is not having a rush of blood to his head :p:, @kalu_miah (sporadically) - but your posts with the greatest consistency.

Thank you.

P.S. I broadly agree with most of what you say. The bit in red above seems a little over the top, although there are elements of truth in it; perhaps represented in less breathless and dramatic fashion, I might have found myself going along with it.

Aren't most places in Saudi Arabia still called by the names used by pre-Islamic pagan civilizations there??

Though I personally liked the name"Al-mamlakah al-Bongliyyah al awamiyah" suggested by @drraisinherald for replacing the pagan name of Bangladesh, :) I am suggesting some smaller names like "Khilafatshahi" or "Rashidunshahi" to replace the name of Bangladesh, and I am really serious about my suggestion and want your opinion on this. Please ignore the suggestions if these names unintentionally hurt any religious feelings. I intentionally avoided names ending with "Stan" to differentiate it from other sub-continent countries like Hindustan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

@khair_ctg @the just @aazidane @Skies @asad71 @MBI Munshi @Md Akmal @Saiful Islam @The Snow Queen
What do you think?
Actually the name"Bansam" has already been in circulation. Bansam will include P/bangla, BD and NE.

Back
Top Bottom