What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
Aren't most places in Saudi Arabia still called by the names used by pre-Islamic pagan civilizations there??

Bangladeshis are supposed to take only the good things from Saudi Arabia, not the bad things. :drag:

Actually the name"Bansam" has already been in circulation. Bansam will include P/bangla, BD and NE.

Bansam -- What is the meaning of the name?

And I suggest you do the name change with the piece of land you already have, you don't want to wait for it till the Judgement Day, do you?

Bangladeshis are supposed to take only the good things from Saudi Arabia, not the bad things. :drag:

Bansam -- What is the meaning of the name?

And I suggest you do the name change with the piece of land you already have, you don't want to wait for it till the Judgement Day, do you?
Ban= Bangladesh. Sam=Assam.

See, we are discussing something serious here, something that is within the realms of possibility, I gave you a couple of nice suggestions in previous page, and I expect you to be serious on this topic instead of making fun of it. If you somehow want to stick to at least some parts of the previous name, then what about Banshahi?

And again, I request you to be objective and practical here, the young generation of BD members seems to be more realists than you.

Actually the name"Bansam" has already been in circulation. Bansam will include P/bangla, BD and NE.

You cant even defeat our police forces then how will you make reality of that joke you just posted ???

Sorry, in the commotion we forgot about you. My apologies.

We have already got the names for all major cities having Hindu names. The last one is the name of your country and design of your flag. Saiful was just taking this too lightly :mad:

So now I humbly request you to propose an alternate name for your watan... You can also suggest a new flag.

@ I have no objection about the name of our country, " BANGLADESH ". But I have a serious objection about our national anthem ? I am sure it was superimposed. How come a poem written in 1905 or 1906 after the partition of of Bengal (1905) is made as our National Anthem.

@ People have an objection about our national flag. Exactly I donnot remember but I heard that it is related with Hindu religion.

Though I personally liked the name"Al-mamlakah al-Bongliyyah al awamiyah" suggested by @drraisinherald for replacing the pagan name of Bangladesh, :) I am suggesting some smaller names like "Khilafatshahi" or "Rashidunshahi" to replace the name of Bangladesh, and I am really serious about my suggestion and want your opinion on this. Please ignore the suggestions if these names unintentionally hurt any religious feelings. I intentionally avoided names ending with "Stan" to differentiate it from other sub-continent countries like Hindustan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

@khair_ctg @the just @aazidane @Skies @asad71 @MBI Munshi @Md Akmal @Saiful Islam @The Snow Queen
What do you think?

I think you hit the spot with those names, what do you say we rename Cox Bazar to Dubai-pur?

Dear old man, the ageing process seems to be taken it's toll on you. In case you haven't heard the news recently, Assamese aren't particularly fond of Bangladeshis.

I don't entirely agree, but your posts have been refreshingly free of cant and hypocrisy, and always informative. There have been others - @Md Akmal, when he is not having a rush of blood to his head :p:, @kalu_miah (sporadically) - but your posts with the greatest consistency.

Thank you.

P.S. I broadly agree with most of what you say. The bit in red above seems a little over the top, although there are elements of truth in it; perhaps represented in less breathless and dramatic fashion, I might have found myself going along with it.
what do you call this? "butter up" is too insufficient :P

See, we are discussing something serious here, something that is within the realms of possibility, I gave you a couple of nice suggestions in previous page, and I expect you to be serious on this topic instead of making fun of it. If you somehow want to stick to at least some parts of the previous name, then what about Banshahi?

And again, I request you to be objective and practical here, the young generation of BD members seems to be more realists than you.

1.As far as we know Bansam was a CIA project of the '60s. Now it is believed the Chinese support this. Late Minister for life, Mahmud Ali of Pakistan used to bean an enthusiastic supporter of this concept.Ali was from Assam and was a Secretary of Jinnah.FYI, the coup leaders of Aug 1975 when Mujib was killed, had declared their eventual goal to be attainment of Bansam.

2. Bansam was not my idea. I am quite content with Bangladesh. When eventually the Muslim majority peoples of this sub-region decide to unite, they will find a name to describe their confederation/federation/union.

1.As far as we know Bansam was a CIA project of the '60s. Now it is believed the Chinese support this. Late Minister for life, Mahmud Ali of Pakistan used to bean an enthusiastic supporter of this concept.Ali was from Assam and was a Secretary of Jinnah.FYI, the coup leaders of Aug 1975 when Mujib was killed, had declared their eventual goal to be attainment of Bansam.

2. Bansam was not my idea. I am quite content with Bangladesh. When eventually the Muslim majority peoples of this sub-region decide to unite, they will find a name to describe their confederation/federation/union.

I love good stories.. any link ?

You should not believe in fairy tales at this age, it looks silly. :)

Back
Top Bottom