What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
Wow, after 1400 years you came up with that Hadith :rofl:. Did Allah and Prophet Muhammad (SM) ever said to abolish all the language and script except Arabic?

Yo Kobiraaz long time no c

Dont find this forum attractive anymore..... Indians gang up on every thread and make fun of every topic...... Disgusting.......

Dont find this forum attractive anymore..... Indians gang up on every thread and make fun of every topic...... Disgusting.......

Yeah, they are like swarm of pests and parasites! Especially, when anything is related to Islam.

This is your culture, why on earth would you change it, I read somewhere pre 71, when Pakistan (meaning West Pak) tried to change the script of Bengali to something like Urdu ...the Bengalis fiercely resisted...why would you guys do that now
the Bengalis who resisted were an extreme minority and ones with connections with India. and it was not largely the West of Pak that tried to bring back the Muslim Bangla language. it was initiated by many on the East side of Pak. and they included people with tremendous contribution in the development of Muslims in British-era East Bengal.

the extreme minority however, had their hero in Rabindranath Tagore, who was a villainous figure to Muslims during his time. these people's main target was to rid East Bengal (East Pak) of its Muslim heritage and used a fake dichotomy vis-à-vis West Pak just as excuse. their main goal was to bring these uneducated and unaware East Bengal Muslims into Hindu zamindari cultural and political influence, which was an unfinished business from the preceding 200 years.

because those Hindu-zamindari elements had established themselves over Bengal for such a long time, they could still dictate terms in East Pakistan even after many left for India after Partition. the large Muslim population even after 1947 were still at the mercy of the Hindus

the Bengalis who resisted were an extreme minority and ones with connections with India. and it was not largely the West of Pak that tried to bring back the Muslim Bangla language. it was initiated by many on the East side of Pak. and they included people with tremendous contribution in the development of Muslims in British-era East Bengal.

the extreme minority however, had their hero in Rabindranath Tagore, who was a villainous figure to Muslims during his time. these people's main target was to rid East Bengal (East Pak) of its Muslim heritage and used a fake dichotomy vis-à-vis West Pak just as excuse. their main goal was to bring these uneducated and unaware East Bengal Muslims into Hindu zamindari cultural and political influence, which was an unfinished business from the preceding 200 years.

because those Hindu-zamindari elements had established themselves over Bengal for such a long time, they could still dictate terms in East Pakistan even after many left for India after Partition. the large Muslim population even after 1947 were still at the mercy of the Hindus

Ok, here is a book "Women, Islam and the State"...read Page 120-121, When Pakistani regime tried to make changes in Bengali culture, which included changing Bengali to Arabic script, stop them from wearing "Bindis" (Forehead marks)....the Bengali poppulation especially women resisted.... Women, Islam, and the State - Google Books

This part in bold I was not aware of, so the creation of Bangladesh and Bengali nationalism was actually imposed by an extreme minority of Bengalis on hapless general population of Bangladesh!! That sounds logical though as "around 55 % people in Bangladesh are of foreign origin ( Arab, Persia, Afghanistan, Turkey, Yemen, Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Central Asia etc.). Around 15 % people are mixed and around 30 % people are converted Muslim majority being from Buddhists instead of Hindus." -- as per @Md Akmal .

With such a large majority of non-ethnically-Bengali population, Bangladesh should not be know as a country of Bengalis, the extreme minority of Bengalis are creating their unfair hegemony in Bangladesh by falsely imposing the "Bengali" identity tag on Bangladesh, and this again calls for immediate rejection of Bengali language, literature, culture, and identity, including the name of the country 'Bangla'desh, because the name 'Bangla'desh automatically gives unfair rights to extreme minority Bengalis vis-a-vis a large majority of non-ethnically-Bengali population. I smell a revolution in the air, and wonder what will happen to Bengali lovers like @Anubis and @BDforever and also @IamBengali , and what about @DarkPrince what is his position?

But will the new country emerging after the revolution by replacing erstwhile 'Bangla'desh will remain a separate sovereign country, or it will go back to its roots as East Pakistan?

I was also wondering how many of you are not Bengalis or not pure Bengalis and suffering with the 'imposed' Bengali identity, I know @The Snow Queen is not, but what about the rest? kindly reply:

@khair_ctg @the just @aazidane @Skies @asad71 @MBI Munshi@Md Akmal @Saiful Islam

What "not"? Not what? I am not what?

Just saying that you are one of the majority Bangladeshis who belong to the Arab, Persia, Afghanistan, Turkey, Yemen, Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Central Asia origin as stated by @Md Akmal , and suffering with the Bengali identity falsely imposed by the extreme minority Bengalis (as stated by @khair_ctg ) who created the Bengali hegemony in Bangladesh.

I may be a pagan infidel, but I am not your enemy, and I understand your pain. :)

This part in bold I was not aware of, so the creation of Bangladesh and Bengali nationalism was actually imposed by an extreme minority of Bengalis on hapless general population of Bangladesh!! That sounds logical though as "around 55 % people in Bangladesh are of foreign origin ( Arab, Persia, Afghanistan, Turkey, Yemen, Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Central Asia etc.). Around 15 % people are mixed and around 30 % people are converted Muslim majority being from Buddhists instead of Hindus." -- as per @Md Akmal .

With such a large majority of non-ethnically-Bengali population, Bangladesh should not be know as a country of Bengalis, the extreme minority of Bengalis are creating their unfair hegemony in Bangladesh by falsely imposing the "Bengali" identity tag on Bangladesh, and this again calls for immediate rejection of Bengali language, literature, culture, and identity, including the name of the country 'Bangla'desh, because the name 'Bangla'desh automatically gives unfair rights to extreme minority Bengalis vis-a-vis a large majority of non-ethnically-Bengali population. I smell a revolution in the air, and wonder what will happen to Bengali lovers like @Anubis and @BDforever and also @IamBengali , and what about @DarkPrince what is his position?

But will the new country emerging after the revolution by replacing erstwhile 'Bangla'desh will remain a separate sovereign country, or it will go back to its roots as East Pakistan?

I was also wondering how many of you are not Bengalis or not pure Bengalis and suffering with the 'imposed' Bengali identity, I know @The Snow Queen is not, but what about the rest? kindly reply:

@khair_ctg @the just @aazidane @Skies @asad71 @MBI Munshi@Md Akmal @Saiful Islam

1.BD may be seen as a bridgehead of Islam in a region of conflicting faiths. What began as conversion of Arabs/semi-Arabs in the coastal belt during the life time of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) expanded into the Muslim Sultanate of Arakan and the Muslim suzerainty over the delta.

2. History tells us that Islam is an expanding faith.The concepts of equality,brotherhood,social justice and economic fair-play attract converts easily. To that end Muslim Bengal/BD/Bengali Muslim nation will expand geographically. That is why Burmese Buddhists and Indian Hindus fear Bengali Muslims.

1.BD may be seen as a bridgehead of Islam in a region of conflicting faiths. What began as conversion of Arabs/semi-Arabs in the coastal belt during the life time of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) expanded into the Muslim Sultanate of Arakan and the Muslim suzerainty over the delta.

2. History tells us that Islam is an expanding faith.The concepts of equality,brotherhood,social justice and economic fair-play attract converts easily. To that end Muslim Bengal/BD/Bengali Muslim nation will expand geographically. That is why Burmese Buddhists and Indian Hindus fear Bengali Muslims.

Yes, I have heard that the land-mass in the Bay of Bengal area is actually expanding because of the soil deposits from the rivers.

Just saying that you are one of the majority Bangladeshis who belong to the Arab, Persia, Afghanistan, Turkey, Yemen, Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Central Asia origin as stated by @Md Akmal , and suffering with the Bengali identity falsely imposed by the extreme minority Bengalis (as stated by @khair_ctg ) who created the Bengali hegemony in Bangladesh.
I may be a pagan infidel, but I am not your enemy, and I understand your pain.

Yes, my family does have Central Asian and Afghan roots but can't say that for everyone. And most people in fact don't look like they have foreign origins, most especially the poor and most of our people are poor... So that explains why... We are diverse people and have many people with different looks. I mean, what does a typical Bengali even look like? Can you explain?

And, I am a Bangladeshi not a Bengali. We are Bangladeshis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom