What's new

Should Pakistan sign an early deal for the Type-55 Destroyer ?

Should Pakistan begin negotiations for Chinese Destroyers ?

• Yes! After 2020 off course

Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No! You're out of your mind

Votes: 29 22.3%

• Total voters
I'd say it is better to concentrate on a fair number of frigates instead. The initial and operating costs of such a ship are enormous and beyond the scope of the current PN.

Last edited:
Come one people! Pakistan Navy is NOT a Blue Water Navy. Enough said, end of discussion on this. If you keep insisting otherwise, do not expect to be taken seriously. Patriotism has its limits.

For decades, PN has focussed on sea denial
You don't think that 60% increase in martime boundry, Gwadar port and an increased budget would have any effect on that stategy?

India navy don't have any similar weapon system come close to Type 055DDG, it's a true monster. Pakistan shall go for several 054A and then consider 052D. Type 054A had helped to evacuate 200 Pakistani civilians from Yemen yesterday, I say a great performance to let Pakistani feel brother love.

Perhaps Pakistan is planning for the future and they want them now while India is building up their navy. Perhaps bigger destroyers.

Right now pakistan must go for at least 4 frigates larger than the F 22.------4 of the upgraded F 22s and tthen at least 2 Type 55s after 2020.

Any hardware that will benefit PN, Pakistan should go for it.

View attachment 210755
View attachment 210757

The Chinese navy has started construction
on a chinese missle destroyer. The ship it self has a displacement of over 12000 tons .The destroyer is still in its peliminary stages pakistan should negotiate a deal in which by the beggining of 2020 pakistan should recieving these destroyers as the old british or also known as tariq class frigates will be worn out. The possibilities are endless if the navy is going for 4 new f22p or f23 p frigates and 8 new or used submarine pakistan should also pitch in on 1 or 2 destroyers.
I think Pakistan should buy 4 Type 45 from UK. In fact what I know is UK PM offered them to Nawaz Shareef in his visit to Pakistan

View attachment 210755
View attachment 210757

The Chinese navy has started construction
on a chinese missle destroyer. The ship it self has a displacement of over 12000 tons .The destroyer is still in its peliminary stages pakistan should negotiate a deal in which by the beggining of 2020 pakistan should recieving these destroyers as the old british or also known as tariq class frigates will be worn out. The possibilities are endless if the navy is going for 4 new f22p or f23 p frigates and 8 new or used submarine pakistan should also pitch in on 1 or 2 destroyers.
We need at least 16 Frigates and Corvettes than go for 4 Destroyers

I think Pakistan should buy 4 Type 45 from UK. In fact what I know is UK PM offered them to Nawaz Shareef in his visit to Pakistan
Do you have any idea of the price.

In the price of 1 we can buy 2 Chinese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom