What's new

Should Pakistan sign an early deal for the Type-55 Destroyer ?

Should Pakistan begin negotiations for Chinese Destroyers ?

• Yes! After 2020 off course

Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No! You're out of your mind

Votes: 29 22.3%

• Total voters
I think 052D DDG is more suitable for PN than 055 DDG.
I think so too mostly because it is dedicated to Anti-access/Area denial which fits perfectly with Pakistan needs, it can patrol at distance too, hence covering all Pakistani waters.

052D guided-missile destroyers (DDG)
Type+052d+HHQ-9+destroyer+class+Lanzhou+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+china+Active+Electronically+Scanned+Array%2528AESA%2529+Type+730+CIWS+C-805+602+anti-ship+land+attack+cruise+missiles+4th+173+1723456789+%25285%2529.jpg

103050grjrt33eaavvezen.jpg

Chinese media informally designate the Type 052D as "Zhonghuashendun / 中华神盾" which means "Chinese Aegis". The new destroyer is equipped with a flat-array AESA radar, a 64-cell VLS and modern long-range anti-air missiles. The destroyer is expected to have capabilities similar to those of a U.S. Navy Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.[21]

There is speculation that the radar systems on Type 052D destroyers are able to detect stealth fighter aircraft, particularly the American F-35 Lightning II, especially if the Type 346 radar is an S-band radar like the American SPY-1 radar. Tactical stealth fighters are optimized to be undetectable from higher-frequency radar bands such the C, X, and Ku, but features like the tail-fin may make it susceptible to lower S or L-band frequencies. Depending on the distance between the ship and aircraft and the strength of the return of the omni-directional signal, a target may not be picked up at a tactically significant distance since L-band and most S-bands have resolution cells that cannot generate quality targets for weapons tracking. However, the SPY-1 and Air and Missile Defense Radar operate in higher frequency portions of the S-band and are able to generate weapons quality tracks, so Chinese systems could be similar. China is also suspected to be reducing the size of the large radar resolution cells by connecting multiple low-frequency radars through high-speed data-networks, which has the potential to refine resolution enough for tracking a missile to the target.

Type 052D destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Type 55 should be acquired after 2020.

Last edited:
@MastanKhan

Would the navy also require fast attack craft and heli's?

Hi,

Absolutely. Just take it in this way, any items smaller than the type 55 are an automatic induction. These weapons are complimentary to the larger weapons system.

Also Aegis class must be a priority and must purchased on a fast track.

Last edited:
India navy don't have any similar weapon system come close to Type 055DDG, it's a true monster. Pakistan shall go for several 054A and then consider 052D. Type 054A had helped to evacuate 200 Pakistani civilians from Yemen yesterday, I say a great performance to let Pakistani feel brother love.
Okey.

I think Pakistan should buy 4 Type 45 from UK. In fact what I know is UK PM offered them to Nawaz Shareef in his visit to Pakistan
They offered Type 45 destroyers? Source?

P15b is still on paper, while 055 had started building at the end I last year. 055 has full displacement of 12000 tons with 128 general VLS units, P15b is fa r far far away.

Still on paper?
JNhXbgX.jpg

PpJQ0ub.jpg

Hi,

The navy can tackle this issue in another manner---if it can procure 2 aegis class naval ships by 2020, it will give them a fair idea of what lies ahead.

Then they can decide if they need the 8000 ton plus destroyer or not. Right now all they have is coming from a position of weakness.

Hi,

The navy can tackle this issue in another manner---if it can procure 2 aegis class naval ships by 2020, it will give them a fair idea of what lies ahead.

Then they can decide if they need the 8000 ton plus destroyer or not. Right now all they have is coming from a position of weakness.
PN can go for the British or the South Korean options as well. Why would they go for Aegis by 2020, by this time the Turkish Milgem would also be available.

Where is the sense in buying a 20 yr old ship, when you have option to buy brand new from China?

Remember, F-22P.
They only require a few tweaks and they good for another 25-30 years.
They are cheaper then the F-22P

I think on should come out of love affair of frigates concentrate on bigger firepower destroyers

Pak. need Nuclear Submarines more than Destroyers but even Long Range Destroyers is good for Pak. Navy
Pak must get Submarines which can carry Nukes and deliver it with out a Track also Submarines which can go any where in the world with out Detecting also Long Range Destroyers for Support as Pak must take Islands around the World Oceans esp. Indian Oceans for herself

Extreme Corruption of Bhutto, Sharif, Zardari & Khan Families of Pak., Bankrupted Pakistan

Extreme Corruption of Bhutto, Sharif, Zardari & Khan Families of Pak., Bankrupted Pakistan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom