What's new

Should Pakistan sign an early deal for the Type-55 Destroyer ?

Should Pakistan begin negotiations for Chinese Destroyers ?

• Yes! After 2020 off course

Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No! You're out of your mind

Votes: 29 22.3%

• Total voters
View attachment 210755
View attachment 210757

The Chinese navy has started construction
on a chinese missle destroyer. The ship it self has a displacement of over 12000 tons .The destroyer is still in its peliminary stages pakistan should negotiate a deal in which by the beggining of 2020 pakistan should recieving these destroyers as the old british or also known as tariq class frigates will be worn out. The possibilities are endless if the navy is going for 4 new f22p or f23 p frigates and 8 new or used submarine pakistan should also pitch in on 1 or 2 destroyers.

I don't think you understand how expensive a 12000 ton ship can be , not only will it cost 1bln+ per initial buy , after that you are looking at hundreds of millions spent properly maintaining it and equipping it.

Frigate is the best choice for Pakistan , with budget of about 10 bil and overall economy of Pakistan is not big enough to
support these kind of projects.

The question regarding Type-54A is not affording it but is it easily indictable.

The question about Type-55 is it available?

F-22P is already being used in PN so they have designed training and tactics. PN can quickly induct these.

Pakistan would require to increase her naval force by at-least 30% if she wishes to effectively control the increased sea area. Once Gwadar port is operational then additional 20-30% is also needed.

On the other hand the existing fleet also needs to be replaced.

One can also argue that India always tends to rely on offence and Pakistan on defence. It is a well known fact that sometime the best form of defence is offence. For this particular reason some countries like to have a separate attack capability which is totally different than that which is for defence alone.

The question should be, considering that Pakistan has built 1 F22P at home, why is it not building more at home. Likewise for the submarines it currently has.

The 2 biggestYamato-class
battle ships with thousands of men in ww2 were sunk at the loss of 1-2 squadrons of allied fighter aircrafts -- first we need to give air cover to our projected 12+ surface fleet

It all depends on how deep our cooperation with PLAN gets as Gwadar goes online.

It will get deeper, that's for sure. But first, clean up the leftovers of the so called 'Baloch liberation'
There is nothing stopping then.

The thing is too big for PN at the moment but however if in future our navy expands then we can think about such ships. Most importantly as stated by @Manticore we need to provide air cover for such ships as well.
The Question is will Chinese export it??
I think that's not the problem when we are talking about Pakistan and China. China always provide what we need.
Heard about the stealth Variant not Naval Variant.... well PN was planning to buy 30 JF-17 in Oct 2014...
No stealth variant in near future but yes I have also heard about Naval thunder but still don't know what it would be like. Probably same as block 2 with naval weapons integrated (AShM etc.).

The question should be, considering that Pakistan has built 1 F22P at home, why is it not building more at home. Likewise for the submarines it currently has.

This is a correct question but unfortunately PN requires the F-22P to be some what similar to the Milgem. Hence the new design must be made in China and then it can be produced in Pakistan. PN would indeed be building the last one or two in Khi.

As far as the question regarding the Submarines that is really difficult now. Though Pakistan is capable of manufacturing Agosta 90b the French are not interested in selling any more Agosta 90b's, infect they wanted Pakistan to invest in the new stealth sub that they are making and ordered by Saudi Arabia. For these subs there is some TOT problem as indicated in the news.

As you would already know that Pakistan Navy requires equipment quickly it is only possible if Pakistan is able to acquire that is already produced. Hence Pakistan Navy is looking for the U-214's which are under construction in Greece and some stored in Germany.

It will get deeper, that's for sure. But first, clean up the leftovers of the so called 'Baloch liberation'
There is nothing stopping then.

Well said, I think PN and PLAN should, and would eventually, jointly explore this. Until now no official pics released, here are some conceptual drawings offered by a military fan site on Type 055A based on upgrade of 052D.

092311gb1qq2q1qggqtmcm.jpg
092319qq9992299gpa99lz.jpg
092321an8sxundn8jar0ds.jpg
092325pbhn8w8w8hwnzaze.jpg
092328rcxr2d06zdhdquc2.jpg

Chinese TV details missile plans for Type 055 destroyer

Last edited:
India navy don't have any similar weapon system come close to Type 055DDG, it's a true monster. Pakistan shall go for several 054A and then consider 052D. Type 054A had helped to evacuate 200 Pakistani civilians from Yemen yesterday, I say a great performance to let Pakistani feel brother love.

Well said, I think PN and PLAN should, and would eventually, jointly explore this. Until now no official pics released, here are some conceptual drawings offered by a military fan site on Type 055A based on upgrade of 052D.

View attachment 211124
092319qq9992299gpa99lz.jpg
092321an8sxundn8jar0ds.jpg
092325pbhn8w8w8hwnzaze.jpg
092328rcxr2d06zdhdquc2.jpg

Chinese TV details missile plans for Type 055 destroyer

That is indeed some serious capability. Ideally, for Pakistan, it could be 4 such high tech vessels, and then around 10 general purpose frigates, 14 General purpose frigates for a 18 ship size main fleet, more than enough for our needs.

That is indeed some serious capability. Ideally, for Pakistan, it could be 4 such high tech vessels, and then around 10 general purpose frigates, 14 General purpose frigates for a 18 ship size main fleet, more than enough for our needs.
You have missed subs to the list ;)

With all these PN would be a force to be reckoned with. The only thing that might be add is the Foudre-class landing platform dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
which is to be decommission as per the 2013 White Paper to leave service in June 2015.

You have missed subs to the list ;)

With all these PN would be a force to be reckoned with. The only thing that might be add is the Foudre-class landing platform dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
which is to be decommission as per the 2013 White Paper to leave service in June 2015.

We don't need landing platforms, and i left out the subs because i was talking about main surface fleets. Of course we'll need Fast attack crafts, mine sweepers, and corvettes to cover areas close to coast line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom