What's new

Should Pakistan purchase the Venezuelan F16

Guys please, no more US and no more f16, the only time ill buy anything from US is when they provide us with the technology as well.... US is already selling f16IN to india with technology, THAT was our right to have the technology then the IAF, PAF has been using it since the 80is and each time we have begged them as well. Pakistan should look towards the EU, Gripian, or even mirage 4000, it might be a bit expensive but not limited and we need latest technology with jets. NOT good by the US they have slapped us on our face again by offering the 5th generation F16IN technology without india begging for it and still we dont learn we invite them to our house give them food, shelter, and they still stab us at our back slap us around and laugh at us and we laugh with them............. soo sad.

What is Mirage 4000 we skipped Mirage 3000 and went directly to Mirage 4000 what is going on here ?

Pakistan need to have

2010-2012
Search for AESA radars
Launch of Settelites for Pakistan
Continuation of development of JF17 Thunder Block 2 , 2012
Sale of JF17 thunder
Chinese AWACs new
SAAB AWACs new

Refueling tankers for mid flight refueling
Upgrading of P3 orions
Upgrading of C130

300 JF17 Thunder
36 J10B
90 F16 C/D IF we get venezuella planes then 120-122 F16
190 MirGES
190 J-7
60 Cobras gun ships
>AESA radar induction
>Laser guided weapons
>BVR missiles
>Awacs (Saab/Chinese)
>UAV (2 variants)
> Pakistan Made UAV

2016-2018
>J11 36(2 Squadron) (Retirement of J-7 Squadrons)
> J10B 40 Assembled in Pakistan TOT (Retirement of Mirages)
>Situational awareness command centre
>Air defences
>Stealth Technology
>Preditors
>Super Cobras

5 F-35 fighters
5 Chinese Stealth

its time to wake up an smell the flowers, who will pay for all this ur dad master card

I am not saying that F-16s are 'bad', but we must not be going for F-16s & F-16s, enough with F-16s we need to move forward, our adversary Air Force is moving fast & we need a good determent for MKI ,coming MRCA, MiG-29 SMT, M2K-05 & FGFA
you me & every one here knows that we need the 'rejected MMRCA candidate' & more investment in 5th Gen, I don't know how you have included J-11s

well why dont you enlight us with the option of the next best cheap under 45 million, single engine western aircraft, with which we will have no issues of parts an sanction

i agree with azad pakistan venazuela will sure be happy to selling us becuase it is a junk for them and we need more jets to counter iaf number im sure we can get them even half of proce of new F 16 so why not good ideal to bring PAF F 16 to 80+ but is PAF thinking this way

i agree with azad pakistan venazuela will sure be happy to selling us becuase it is a junk for them and we need more jets to counter iaf number im sure we can get them even half of proce of new F 16 so why not good ideal to bring PAF F 16 to 80+ but is PAF thinking this way

I am sure, PAF WILL SURELY NOT GOING TO PURCHASE THOSE JUNK... INSTEAD OF THAT, THEY WILL PREFER FURTHER INVESTMENT IN JF-17 THUNDER IN FUTURE.:coffee:

If PAF were to procure used F-16s, it will likely do so from the U.S. through the Excess Defence Articles (EDA) program.

who said that is junk they with upgradautaion process wil be as lethal as new ones

While the F-16 is a relatively older aircraft, in production since 1980's (the F-18 since 1978). It is still a very viable plane. Its small size and powerful punch still make it a very formidible aircraft.

For Pakistan, with a large aging fleet and financial constraints, such an offer should not be overlooked. I think Pakistan should actively look at picking up these surplus aircrafts from all our sources. We live in an unstable environment, where many of the rival airforces are larger. We should always be bulking up our PAF by whatever means possible.

We have become quite adept at maintaining these F-16 aircrafts since inducting them into our airforce in 1983, we managed to keep them running despite all sanctions (Pressler/Brownback etc..) and quite frankly we've learned quite alot from them and will continue to do so. We can easily apply much of this into future aircraft.

Also bare in mind that while it is an old aircraft, we also need to phase out our much OLDER fleet of F-7's and Mirage III and V's, these aircraft have been around since the 1960's. What the Mirages were in the 1980's and 1990's, the F-16 will be in the 21'st century. Our focus right now, is get rid of the Mirages/F-7's out fast. And while im a big fan of the F-17's and the F-10's, the F-16 capabilities and performance are still very exceptional even when compared to some of the newer aircraft available on the market.

The F-16 is still the aircraft of choice for many countries due to its small cross section, relatively heavy payload capacity and short take off run. Countries like Israel swear by them when wanting to perform precision bombing runs (despite the fact that the aircraft is a fighter), Turkey has an extensive assembly line.

While I agree with many here that we should never become dependent on the US for arms ever again, we should continue and aim for self-suficiency (in all spheres) and indigenization. I think we've managed a considerable amount of self-reliance in the maintenance of the F-16's. We should bulk up on this stallwark for our airforce especially when cheaper acquisitions are available. Instead of buying ''new'' much more expensive models which granted we may have to do, buying these surplus models helps save lots of money, encourages us to upgrade them(helping our local industry), increases our technological know-how on them and helps us increase our inventory. Upgrading, continuing to work on them is good and is in line with our stated plan of indigenization.

In conclusion, we should investigate this scenerio further, and if prudent, I say, scoop them F-16's up already!

makes sense to wait until Turkiye inducts F-35 further down the line.....i'm unsure whether they will even retire some of their F-16 fleet; they will first phase out the Phantoms

Venezuela will not give up their F-16s, they're still flying them. I know a friend of mine, he's just entered his F-16 B-Course in Venezuela, they're flying them routinely. They get upgrades through Romania and Israel, as for spare parts he used to comment, saying that he doesn't know.

israel??? i highly doubt that given Hugo Chavez's closeness to Iranian regime that israel will have defence cooperation with Venezuela

U.S. even would disapprove of that; especially given geo-political reasons (U.S. closeness with Columbia, etc.)

israel??? i highly doubt that given Hugo Chavez's closeness to Iranian regime that israel will have defence cooperation with Venezuela

U.S. even would disapprove of that; especially given geo-political reasons (U.S. closeness with Columbia, etc.)

They carry the Litening pods, plus they arm their aircraft with Python missiles. Both Litening pods and Pythons are Israeli manufactured.

They carry the Litening pods, plus they arm their aircraft with Python missiles. Both Litening pods and Pythons are Israeli manufactured.

You mean you suggest that Israel snubbed US again ? k this one I was not aware that they were using Israeli (stolen un autorized technology)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom