What's new

Should Pakistan Grant MFN Status to India ? - Most Favoured Nation Status

The idea is political, Pakistan is importing such goods because its still cheaper than local made ones. To call India most favorite is an idea not acceptable to us and our Kashmiri allies.

None of those items are essential items, essential ones are even today imported directly from India. I mean what are these roundabout purchases? Sarees? Artificial jewellery?

The issue is political, on one side we're saying Kashmiris are our brothers, the other side we are calling their oppressors, MFN? How would that look?

Stop singing Kashmir , Kashmir in every thread, there is an entire section allotted to that.. Apna mulk samal nahi sakta kashmir kai peeche pada hai...

Stop singing Kashmir , Kashmir in every thread, there is an entire section allotted to that.. Apna mulk samal nahi sakta kashmir kai peeche pada hai...

Go have your PMS elsewhere, a discussion was going on, about MFN, this is my view on MFN.

Anyway if you had the basic comprehension skills you'd figure the other Kashmir section is about KASHMIR WAR, not economics discussion.

Go have your PMS elsewhere, a discussion was going on, about MFN, this is my view on MFN.

Anyway if you had the basic comprehension skills you'd figure the other Kashmir section is about KASHMIR WAR, not economics discussion.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the economy of Kashmir just the usual " Evil India oppressor" rhetoric which every Pakistani on the planet repeats every 5 minutes..

It was a wrong move by India to provide MFN status to pakistan unilaterally .

We should remove pakistan from this list and should grant them only when they are ready to reciprocate it.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the economy of Kashmir just the usual " Evil India oppressor" rhetoric which every Pakistani on the planet repeats every 5 minutes..

The question was, Should Pakistan grant India MFN status? I say no, and this is my reason. If you don't like it, then what am I supposed to do? Change my reason? Lie to you? What is your specific issue about me mentioning Kashmir here?

Bass "Main Indian superpower hoon, meri baat maano".

@Awesome Do you even know meaning of MFN in this context. :hitwall:

MFN doesn't mean India Has become Best Friend. :lol:

ITS ECONOMIC DISCUSSION.

Watch this............

MFN status to India: What are the opportunities and obstacles ahead? (Sochta Pakistan, 4 Nov 2011) - YouTube

I precisely mentioned that I have a problem with the way MFN is worded! I have no qualms about Pakistan and India striking individual deals on trade. If India wants to sell Sarees in Pakistan, is MFN the only way left to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Awesome You are AWESOME. :enjoy:

You have problem with a WORD ?

Sorry bhai. Galti ho gayi.

The question was, Should Pakistan grant India MFN status? I say no, and this is my reason. If you don't like it, then what am I supposed to do? Change my reason? Lie to you? What is your specific issue about me mentioning Kashmir here?

Bass "Main Indian superpower hoon, meri baat maano".

I precisely mentioned that I have a problem with the way MFN is worded! I have no qualms about Pakistan and India striking individual deals on trade. If India wants to sell Sarees in Pakistan, is MFN the only way left to do it?

Unfortunately that's is the word which is being used generally. If you have a specific problem about 'the most favored', change to 'level one trade status' or something. Emotions will be fine at least.

:lol: @Awesome, I dont think you understand the concept of MFN. Its not the literal word. Its a trade/WTO terminology

Most favoured nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Awesome So you have problem with a WORD ?

Sorry bhai. Galti ho gayi.

I don't like the literal word.

and I don't like Carte Blanche treaties.

There is no ban on trade from Pakistan is there? (Although India keep imposing one every now and then). If you want to sell Sarees, make a deal with a boutique in Pakistan and sell it. Market hogi toh chalay ga, nahi hogi toh nahi chalay ga.

If you want to sell Sarees, make a deal with a boutique in Pakistan and sell it. Market hogi toh chalay ga, nahi hogi toh nahi chalay ga.

Who should make that deal, the governments? the parties concerned? What would be the duties charged? The MFN just allows a creation of a system of trading, it does nothing to sell anything. It is only after the rules are drawn up that your "Market hogi toh chalay ga, nahi hogi toh nahi chalay ga" will come into play.

Who should make that deal, the governments? the parties concerned? What would be the duties charged? The MFN just allows a creation of a system of trading, it does nothing to sell anything. It is only after the rules are drawn up that your "Market hogi toh chalay ga, nahi hogi toh nahi chalay ga" will come into play.

Parties as long as the goods are not blocked by customs.

Standard Customs duty can apply.

Trade is not banned as far as I know.

MFN to India, after the LOC debacle, and Indian media rhetoric....NO NO!!! It felt like some mad ppl on Indian media exaggerating an issue with not much importance. It became a sad joke.

Granting MFN status to India means killing Pakistan's own industry.

Also MFN will be more far beneficial to India than Pakistan....as it can trade with big markets of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and CAS.

Big issue is the cheap third class quality items with cheap prices filled into Pakistan markets. The low quality items made in India will harm Pakistanis status to buying reasonable quality goods. Further buying from India will also have effects on China and other countries.

I say Pakistan in 65 years survived well without MFN to India or any trade with India, it can carrying on surviving better in the future too.

Go and protest on the road. Use Democratic rights of yours. Oh wait, you will just complain and move on.

Back
Top Bottom