What's new

Should Pakistan Grant MFN Status to India ? - Most Favoured Nation Status

But Pakistan stopped trucks from Afghanistan to India. And in return Afghanistan stopped 200 trucks of Pakistan to Central Asian countries.

So its, Pakistan which is loosing right now as those Pakistani trucks have vegetables, fruits etc. all perishable items and may result in losses in millions.

At the end of the day, Pakistan has to think about its Economic policies regarding transit and trade.

Indian cheap quality products will also be 'cheaply priced' as compared to domestically produced goods.
Mate i hope you've heard about something called Anti-dumping duty. In todays economy, customer is wise enough to decide what gets best value for his money. Gone are the days when a Made in US/Europe/--- tag used to generate awe. Today the manufacturer of the world China produces virtually every second electronic and consumer item we use. The manufacturing in China is competitive and hence finds favor. The same can be said about Garment industry in Bangladesh.
I can quote a classic example of India importing cement some years back from Pakistan. Nobody complained about quality or anything because for cement manufacturer in Pakistan knew, bad quality is going to loose them market. Supply of vegetables (especially onions) is another case study.
Similarly Goods exported to Pakistan from India will be cheaper than ones manufactured in Pakistan (owing to economy of scales) to be viable in market.However if Pak govt thinks it is killing domestic industry, it can always levy Anti-dumping duty.
It is pretty evident that MFN status, Free trade agreements work between neighbors only when the actions are reciprocated. In the end it is the customer that gets the best bet and seller an opportunity to tap new markets, A win-win situation.

Well though on the surface it seems good but I am against granting India MFN status..Mainly because this way our stand on kashmir will be weakened and secondly we should just focus on building rail and wider roads links with china asap to strengthen our economy ...Yeah once kashmir is resolved then open up border with india and let them trade freely not only with Pak but also with Iran and CAR's as well but not before that...

Well though on the surface it seems good but I am against granting India MFN status..Mainly because this way our stand on kashmir will be weakened and secondly we should just focus on building rail and wider roads links with china asap to strengthen our economy ...Yeah once kashmir is resolved then open up border with india and let them trade freely not only with Pak but also with Iran and CAR's as well but not before that...

What I say, your economy is in dire need for trade with India, not India. You will keep on purchasing Indian goods worth billions via Dubai and you should know we are not going to make any compromise on Kashmir.

I don't think we can afford to grant India MFN. The wording of MFN as most favorite is incorrect - its the least favorite.

Make individual trade agreements where necessary, not a carte blanche agreement like MFN.

India and China donot share most warm relations by any stretch of imagination.
Sikkim Arunanchal, Tibbet and so many other issues have been pending for a diplomatic solution for last so many years. However the trade and business among the two nations is growing at a blistering pace.
Here lies a message , ask a trader in Pakistan and he will be very happy to do business in India. India is world's second fastest growing economy and one of the biggest markets. Pakistan 's industry can benefit immensely from it.
May i quote the example of Canada and Mexico which despite sharing similar opportunity and geographic positioning with US find themselves in very different state as far as economy is concerned.

Cheap quality goods. What are you talking about mate. We are the world leaders in so many precision engineering products. Our companies are investing world over. - To your point that cheap quality goods from India will be sold in Pak - My retort will be as if you guys buy high quality stuff. China is probably already dumping goods in Pak.
Get real dude. You guys from Pak "Are all hat & no cattle".

I don't think we can afford to grant India MFN. The wording of MFN as most favorite is incorrect - its the least favorite.

Make individual trade agreements where necessary, not a carte blanche agreement like MFN.

India is already selling its product in pakistan via dubia and other smuggling route rebranding it.....india gets its price

on the other hand its pakistanis who have to pay almost double or half a price more for the same thing which would cost less if it came directly from india

but Mafia will not let this go down so easily ..they will do the needfull to influence and bribe politician to oppose this

Anyways Pakistan economy is too small & too irrelevant in India future scoop...All it wants is a transit route from pakistan ..uske liye yeh sab drama:azn:

Pakistan can give MFN status there is nothing wrong in it.. There are few concern what anti-Indian in Pakistan raising...

1. Cheap quality Indian product: I proudly say Indian products are better than Pakistani and XXXXese (Country known for cheapest product in world). Our quality is inferior to European and american, but better than (or as good as) others.

2. Dumping: There is Anti-Dumping laws, Pakistan can use those law to prevent dumping

3. Trade deficit: Again Pakistan can manage it (By taxes and black listing products).

India can achive these things..

1. Accessibility to Afghanistan: Afghani trader can do business with India keeping there shops in Pakistan.
2. Accebility to Market of Pakistan
3. Normal relation with Pakistan: With good trade relations, Pakistani cannot afford loss so Pakistani govt will not do any misadventure (26/11, Beheading soldiers, Mutiliating Soldiers, Killing Kashmiri Kids).

India is already selling its product in pakistan via dubia and other smuggling route rebranding it.....india gets its price

The idea is political, Pakistan is importing such goods because its still cheaper than local made ones. To call India most favorite is an idea not acceptable to us and our Kashmiri allies.

on the other hand its pakistanis who have to pay almost double or half a price more for the same thing which would cost less if it came directly from india
None of those items are essential items, essential ones are even today imported directly from India. I mean what are these roundabout purchases? Sarees? Artificial jewellery?

but Mafia will not let this go down so easily ..they will do the needfull to influence and bribe politician to oppose this
The issue is political, on one side we're saying Kashmiris are our brothers, the other side we are calling their oppressors, MFN? How would that look?

Pak are such, they don;t offer thanks to India for what India did for them ..... for those who argue for not having MFN to India should see this and then they should shame and ask themselfs what they really are :

Pakistan finally secures preferential trade deal with EU
Pakistan finally secures preferential trade deal with EU | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

In above paper , the didn't thanked to India and made India villain, but now look what EU said and the actual Picture is.

BBC News - Pakistan phases out most Indian import restrictions
Wednesday's move follows an earlier Indian offer not to oppose Pakistan's preferential trade treatment by major importers such as the European Union.

Pak didnt thanked to India to giving green light , without which this is not possible in return PAK need to give MFN status, now PAK ask for more, wait for 2 years when their EU preferentialTreatment end , then PAK will beg to India again ...

See the actual Pic, the PAK always hide the Actual picture and hide it.

Back
Top Bottom