What's new

Should India officially support Japan's sovereignty over the Senkakus?

Do you think Tibet can be liberated peacefully? Thats the objective and thats why India still gives shelter to Tibetan Govt in Exile.
India does not support the Tibetan Government in Exile's claim. Infact now the Exiled govt also only wants a "genuine autonommous status" for Tibet within China, nothing else-
Speech of His Holiness the Dalai Lama to the European Parliament, Strasbourg | The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama
India considers Tibet an internal part of China-
India's stand on Tibet ‘clear, consistent’: China - Express India

I believe India should stay out of territorial dispute of other countries. I would ask this of America as well. No country should meddle with affairs of other countries.

What was the Sino vietnam war for ??

Korean civil war ??

I believe India should stay out of territorial dispute of other countries. I would ask this of America as well. No country should meddle with affairs of other countries.

What was the Sino vietnam war for ??

Korean civil war ??

India does not support the Tibetan Government in Exile's claim. Infact now the Exiled govt also only wants a "genuine autonommous status" for Tibet within China, nothing else-
Speech of His Holiness the Dalai Lama to the European Parliament, Strasbourg | The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama
India considers Tibet an internal part of China-
India's stand on Tibet ‘clear, consistent’: China - Express India

Oh come on, you should have known about the basics of diplomatic ABCD. Don't be so naive like Chinese. Tibetan Govt in Exile claimed status and/or stated aims are sufficiently ambiguous that they could fit into other categories and thats called diplomacy.

There are many such examples where Govt in Exiles were created with the particular aim which was to liberate the country/region and then install it as the new government. Czechoslovak government-in-exile (1939) or Polish government-in-exile (1939) are of the examples, and of course don't forget Provisional Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh (1971) which was based in Kolkata, India; led by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, who later became President of Bangladesh.

If liberation of Tibet is not the aim then what good it is for Indian shelter, or do you think Indian Govt gives the Tibetans free lunch?

India should not.

But India should pose as it will support Japan and take some benefits from chinese like staying away from P0K to be neutral player in this matter. :lol:

We should buy our time and prepare for the china.

I did say British India was their target. British India.

IN WW2 Japan didnt want to attack in British India, becz it open 2-front war against USA & Britain.But later Boss was enable to convenience the japanese to attack in British INDIA & make it free country.

If we interfer in territorial dispute of other country then we cannot stop other in interferring in our territorial dispute u guys know wht i mean .so its better to leave them alone and be happy

Since the days of British colonialism, the only country in Asia that was supportive to India's independence has been Japan. We all know how Subhas and his Azad Hind Fauz received moral and material support from Japan and how Japan recognized an independent Indian govt under Azad Hind's leadership.

Greater_East_Asia_Conference.JPG

Its unfortunate that the Japanese effort could not materialize as the Chinese assisted the colonial British forces to stop that effort. Well, thats a different story. May be that was Azad Hind's destiny.

Japan, however, assisted India even after India's independence from the British rule. Japanese products proved to be a great help to the Indian society as we all know about Honda, Suzuki, Maruti etc. India's bilateral relationship with Japan has been always good and Japan perhaps considers India as a good friend.

Now a friend in need is a friend indeed. I think, Japan is in a trouble as some Japanese islands, called Senkakus, are now claimed by Chinese. Should India make a standpoint and officially declare its support to Japan's sovereignty over those Japanese islands? India also has territorial disputes with China and so if India and Japan unite, they both can reject Chinese claims.

IMO, India should display strong solidarity with Japan. India should not wait for Japan asking India's support; rather India should offer Japan its support. Indian Foreign Ministry should call a Press Conference and officially declare, "Yes, we support Japan's territorial integrity and sovereignty over its Senkakus island chains and we will be willing to provide military help if Japan ever asks us to provide to safeguard its territory." That would a hell of a strong statement. Not only from a strategic point of view, but also from a moral point of view, such diplomatic step would be radical.

What do you think of it? Can India do that? Should India do that? Please share your opinion with us. We might get such statement from the Indian govt in the coming days.

I find it rather ironic that some indians are rallying for IJ when 60 years ago thousands of their countrymen died trying to fend off japanese imperialisme.

Most of the 80,000 prisoners of war captured by the Japanese at Bataan were forced to undertake the infamous "Bataan Death March" to a prison camp 105 kilometers to the north. It is estimated that as many as 10,000 men, weakened by disease and malnutrition and treated harshly by their captors, died before reaching their destination.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_occupation_of_the_Philippines[/URL

Comfort women are girls and women who were forced into sexual slavery by the Japanese military during World War II
A majority of the women were from Korea, China, Japan and the Philippines,[5] although women from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and other Japanese-occupied territories were used for military "comfort stations". Stations were located in Japan, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, then Malaya, Thailand, then Burma, then New Guinea, Hong Kong, Macau, and what was then French Indochina.[6]
[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_occupation_of_the_Philippines"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_occupation_of_the_Philippines

You think IJ was gonna spare you?
If I am your parents, I would slap some sense into you.

IMO Yes...

But Japan should invest more in India to provide alternate and better option against China as far as manufacturing sector is concerned! ..It will hurt the China most as they have grown up their teeth just because of their manufacturing strength...courtesy US and Japan!!!

IMO Yes...

But Japan should invest more in India to provide alternate and better option against China as far as manufacturing sector is concerned! ..It will hurt the China most as they have grown up their teeth just because of their manufacturing strength...courtesy US and Japan!!!

THat is not Japans fault that indian infrastructures were/are not up to the standard. China invested heavily in infrastructures. Without that, their manufacturing would never be that big. You reap what you sow.

IN WW2 Japan didnt want to attack in British India, becz it open 2-front war against USA & Britain.But later Boss was enable to convenience the japanese to attack in British INDIA & make it free country.

Initially Japan had no such plan, thats true. Japan changed its plan when it found Subhas as a good candidate to lead British free India and also after a consultation with Germany.

THat is not Japans fault that indian infrastructures were/are not up to the standard. China invested heavily in infrastructures. Without that, their manufacturing would never be that big. You reap what you sow.

and now China has become a threat to Japan!!

If Japan keeps investing in China or help in its eco growth directly/indirectly. I am afraid; the next generation of Japanese will live under the fear of Chinese aggression….This is applicable to US as well!

If you do business with India, initial investment might be more but you will win a friend and not an enemy!

I find it rather ironic that some indians are rallying for IJ when 60 years ago thousands of their countrymen died trying to fend off japanese imperialisme.

Most of the 80,000 prisoners of war captured by the Japanese at Bataan were forced to undertake the infamous "Bataan Death March" to a prison camp 105 kilometers to the north. It is estimated that as many as 10,000 men, weakened by disease and malnutrition and treated harshly by their captors, died before reaching their destination.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_occupation_of_the_Philippines[/URL

Comfort women are girls and women who were forced into sexual slavery by the Japanese military during World War II
A majority of the women were from Korea, China, Japan and the Philippines,[5] although women from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and other Japanese-occupied territories were used for military "comfort stations". Stations were located in Japan, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, then Malaya, Thailand, then Burma, then New Guinea, Hong Kong, Macau, and what was then French Indochina.[6]
[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_occupation_of_the_Philippines"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_occupation_of_the_Philippines

You think IJ was gonna spare you?
If I am your parents, I would slap some sense into you.

The decision to fend off Japan was taken in London, not New Delhi.

As for the so called comfort women, it is well known, who those women were and what they had been doing to their British-American lords before the Japanese soldiers liberated them. In fact, the Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda and Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto have also suggested that the so called wartime sex slaves were merely prostitutes. Its documented statement.

BTW, China received $40 billion in low interest loans from Japan as reparations, right? So when China took the money, it should have shut its mouth up if it had some sense of shame.

I would like to hear clarion call from Japan first,then only we should open our cards.Deep down in my heart I feel that India really need to have hard look on her non-alignment policy.By tilting towards western axis she could reap reach dividends in sense of FDI,FII,Modern Tech without any strings attached.,There is so much on offering.China needs to be isolated .Their tilt towards Pakistan should be counterbalanced by tilting towards Japan and South Korea.We have all ready started to take baby steps in that direction.

The decision to fend off Japan was taken in London, not New Delhi.

What does it matter if the decision was taken in London or not? You prefer to speak japanese instead? You think the japs would left you alone? The war was about control of colonies.

Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere (大東亜共栄圏 Dai-tō-a Kyōeiken) was a concept created and promulgated during the Shōwa era by the government and military of the Empire of Japan. It represented the desire to create a self-sufficient "bloc of Asian nations led by the Japanese and free of Western powers"

As for the so called comfort women, it is well known, who those women were and what they had been doing to their British-American lords before the Japanese soldiers liberated them. In fact, the Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda and Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto have also suggested that the so called wartime sex slaves were merely prostitutes. Its documented statement.

The comfort women incident was well dokumented.

Now how those women were serving British-American lords when some of those countries never were occupied by the brits or americans are beyond me.

And what about their own historians:
Other Japanese historians, using the testimony of ex-comfort women and surviving Japanese soldiers have argued that the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy were either directly or indirectly involved in coercing, deceiving, luring, and sometimes kidnapping young women throughout Japan's occupied territories.
I guess denial is an art for some people.

BTW, China received $40 billion in low interest loans from Japan as reparations, right? So when China took the money, it should have shut its mouth up if it had some sense of shame.

Your ignorance is just amazing.

On 3 September 1995, Jiang Zemin, the core-leader of the third generation of the Communist Party of China (CPC), states, “China suffered economy loses directly about $100,000,000,000 and about $500,000,000,000 indirectly by the Japanese military invasion".[32] Given these facts, when Japan concluded the Treaty of Taipei with the ROC in 1952, Chiang Kai-shek waived reparations for the World War II. Similarly, when Japan normalized relations with mainland China in 1972, Mao Zedong waived Japan’s reparations for World War II.[33] According to a Japanese Sinologist's calculation, Japan would have to pay 52 trillion yen. Even though Japan had great economic power in 1972 (GNP $300 billion), Japan did not pay any money to the PRC for the war because China waived all rights to reparations.
People's Republic of China

40 billions for war crimes? You gonna say to the childrens of women suffered under IJ that take the money and shut their mouth if they had some shame?
You are making your fellow indians looking bad.
You are not a japanese deliberately making indians look bad, right?

I would like to hear clarion call from Japan first,then only we should open our cards.Deep down in my heart I feel that India really need to have hard look on her non-alignment policy.By tilting towards western axis she could reap reach dividends in sense of FDI,FII,Modern Tech without any strings attached.,There is so much on offering.China needs to be isolated .Their tilt towards Pakistan should be counterbalanced by tilting towards Japan and South Korea.We have all ready started to take baby steps in that direction.

The western axis that provides billions of aid to Pakistan every year. Right..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom