What's new

should India electrify its fence on Bangladesh border?

Then why your people separated from us? Why your people uprooted millions of fellow Bengalis from their homeland for being Hindus? Where was 'Bengali brotherhood' then?

1947 - we both were responsible for the separation. Uprooting was mutual. Let's not start this argument all over again.

If what you are saying is true, then join us. Religion is the only thing that separates us, right? Let's see who wins now, religion or Bengali brotherhood.

The problem lies in the "spirit of 1971". Bangladesh is based on Bengali Nationalism since then. Is there a place for such a thing in the Union of India?
Besides, Indians won't like a merger with an overpopulated, poor country, and for Bangladeshis, Guajarat is still fresh in their minds.

Then why your people separated from us? Why your people uprooted millions of fellow Bengalis from their homeland for being Hindus? Where was 'Bengali brotherhood' then?

If what you are saying is true, then join us. Religion is the only thing that separates us, right? Let's see who wins now, religion or Bengali brotherhood.
THis is the exact reason why i hate those Jamaatis.You know,my maternal family were the Zamindars of a large village called Solop in the erstwhile Pabna district and these scums literally evicted them in a moment's notice during the partition.Not only that one of my Grand dad's younger unmarried sister got kidnapped while coming to this side of the border by those Jamati goons and even after all these years we haven't been able to find her.After arriving in this country my family faced abject poverty for a few years thanks to these scums.Thankfully my grandfather was an educated man and hence got himself a Central Govt. job in quick time otherwise my family would still have been living in one of those refugee colonies.We lost everything,all our wealth,respect and even one of our family member to these despicable scums and this is the sole reason why i hate them and will continue to do so till the end of my life:angry:.

Good idea electrify all the border they already coming making slum all over country I don't want my state to become shithole like there country we already have huge population

Yes we shud. Win Win situation for all. Bongs wont cry bout Indians infiltrating and nor we wud complain bout polevaulting. Best thing to happen. Cant see any reason for not to fence.
you mean to say the fence height should be around 6mts? :eek:

1947 - we both were responsible for the separation. Uprooting was mutual. Let's not start this argument all over again.

The problem lies in the "spirit of 1971". Bangladesh is based on Bengali Nationalism since then. Is there a place for such a thing in the Union of India?
Besides, Indians won't like a merger with an overpopulated, poor country, and for Bangladeshis, Guajarat is still fresh in their minds.

Direct Action Day was not started by us, the rampage & genocide & mass-exodus that happend in Bangladesh was way higher than WB, those Muslims who left WB mostly came back, Hindus could never go back to their ancestral homes. I know what I am saying, minorities are still under constant threat in Bangladesh, especially in rural areas.

And forget about whether India will agree to joining of Bangladesh, tell me wheather Bangladeshis want to join India, if religion is no more an issue in BD, as you claim, then you guys barely have any reason to remain separate.

THis is the exact reason why i hate those Jamaatis.You know,my maternal family were the Zamindars of a large village called Solop in the erstwhile Pabna district and these scums literally evicted them in a moment's notice during the partition.Not only that one of my Grand dad's younger unmarried sister got kidnapped while coming to this side of the border by those Jamati goons and even after all these years we haven't been able to find her.After arriving in this country my family faced abject poverty for a few years thanks to these scums.Thankfully my grandfather was an educated man and hence got himself a Central Govt. job in quick time otherwise my family would still have been living in one of those refugee colonies.We lost everything,all our wealth,respect and even one of our family member to these despicable scums and this is the sole reason why i hate them and will continue to do so till the end of my life:angry:.

The story is similar for most bangals, my mother's side was middle class, but father's side was especially rich with considerable landed properties, everything was lost, three of my grandfather's brothers who stayed back to protect the properties were hacked and thrown into the river, and now they are talking about Bengali brotherhood. He probably didn't notice the Bangladeshi Jamati mullahs here and their constant spewing of venom against Hindus of both WB/India and Bangladesh.

The story is similar for most bangals, my mother's side was middle class, but father's side was especially rich with considerable landed properties, everything was lost, three of my grandfather's brothers who stayed back to protect the properties were hacked and thrown into the river, and now they are talking about Bengali brotherhood. He probably didn't notice the Bangladeshi Jamati mullahs here and their constant spewing of venom against Hindus of both WB/India and Bangladesh.
That's the main point,they think that we'll just forget what they did to your family members during the time of partition.All these talks of the supposed "Bengali brotherhood" is nothing but loads of bull crap.How can they even think that we will just forgive them for all the inhuman crimes that were committed on our forefathers.I for one will never forget the anguish in my Grandfather's eyes whenever he talked about loosing his beloved sister all all his ancestral properties in East Bengal.

That's the main point,they think that we'll just forget what they did to your family members during the time of partition.All these talks of the supposed "Bengali brotherhood" is nothing but loads of bull crap.How can they even think that we will just forgive them for all the inhuman crimes that were committed on our forefathers.I for one will never forget the anguish in my Grandfather's eyes whenever he talked about loosing his beloved sister all all his ancestral properties in East Bengal.

And the pain was not limited to partition days only, all of us had to live like refugees, my grandfather's generation was entirely wasted, my father had an elder brother who died because of lack of treatment, my father's generation also had to go through a lot of hardshis, we had to rebuild everything from zero. The irony is, we were a family of freedom fighters, one is in fact renowned, we have sacrificed a lot for the freedom that they enjoy now, but we were not prepared for their kind of 'brotherhood'.

And whom to blame, our politicians here can sell their mothers for votes, TMC, CPM, Congress, all are on the same boat, I doubt BJP would also do the same to increase their votebank.

Should be speedy!!!

India is really making enemies out of its neighbors with these inhumane acts. Treat people with respect. Put up a fence is ok, even with barb wires. But a electric fence will like kill many neighbors, including children. What will be next, mines and machine gun nests?

The fencing would actually be better for Bangladesh, there are millions of illegal Indians in Bangladesh which has made us the fifth largest source of remittance to India.

Bangladesh fifth largest source of remittance to India, $3.7 billion

Besides, many Indian citizens are labeled as "Bangladeshi immigrants" by some Indian politicians to trigger religious or ethnic persecution in India.

"According to Samir Guha Roy of Indian statistical institute, many of the presumed illegal Bangladeshis are actually Indian citizens migrating from neighboring provinces.

The so called illegal migrants in Maharashtra are actually Bengali speaking Indian citizens from West Bengal, Police would demand 2000-2500 from each of the detained Bengali speaking people for their release."

Source: "Facing Global Environmental Change: Environmental, Human, Energy, Food, Health and Water Security Concepts" by Hans Günter Brauch, John Grin, Úrsula Oswald

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom