What's new

Should China export J 20 to Pakistan and if yes when?

Should China export J 20 to Pakistan and if yes when

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What will India have to counter this 5th generation aircraft?

:angel:
Before India really having to counter this.the questions arises Is pakistan really have that economic status to counter India.just do the math if they operate 100 hypothetically we will operate 300 that's the gap ratio will be in present and in future too the gap will be wide. So pakistan will be and can't a real threat to India except proxies .

Before India really having to counter this.the questions arises Is pakistan really have that economic status to counter India.just do the math if they operate 100 hypothetically we will operate 300 that's the gap ratio will be in present and in future too the gap will be wide. So pakistan will be and can't a real threat to India except proxies .

You're answering my question, Sir. Please give me a direct technical answer to my query. What will the Indian AF have to counter the J-20 or J-31 ? Don't give an economics rhetorical question.

You're answering my question, Sir. Please give me a direct technical answer to my query. What will the Indian AF have to counter the J-20 or J-31 ? Don't give an economics rhetorical question.
whats there to answer,,,,,,we wait for t50/fgfa.
if push comes to shove thn there is always USA

Since your getting the runaround from other members, I'll answer your questions. By the time Pakistan gets the J-20 or J-31, being around the mid-to-late 2020s, budget permitting, India will also have inducted the much maligned and problematic, but still on scheduled, FGFA, which is the joint Indian-Russian fifth-gen project based on Russia's T-50 fifth-gen fighter. It's basically a stealthy, more powerful and maneuverable and better armed SU-27. It's a beast (that's a term of endearment). Each of these aircraft, the J-31, J-20, and T-50 are expected to cost in the range of 65-80 million USD, so slightly less expensive than the F-35, who's price is dropping and will stabilize around the 70-80 million USD range. I hope this answers your two questions, the one about India's defenses and the other about the cost of the Chinese aircraft for Pakistan. I will answer additional questions if requested or needed.

India is also investing in surface-to-air missiles, ground and air radars (AWACS and IRS) and additional upgrades to its existing systems to ensure they can meet its operational requirements, one of which is to detect and vector countermeasure to stealth aircraft.

Last edited:
There's no reason why the Chinese can't export the J-20 to the PAF other than if the PAF can afford to operate it (i'm assuming they'd be provided on a soft loan basis anyway).

What will India have to counter this 5th generation aircraft?

:angel:
The IAF will have the FGFA, Rafale and Super Su-30MKI.

I don't want to start a flame war but I have to say that the J-20/J-31 has a LONG way to go to prove they are true VLO, next generation, aircraft. No doubt the Chinese have come a long way in the aerospace field but to expect them to have developed a machine as capable as those of the West or Russia is highly dubious. There is a lot of reason to think the Rafale will be able to give the J-20/J-31 a very tough fight especially considering the electronics it has now and will only be further developed by the time the J-20/J-31 is in operational service.

Since your getting the runaround from other members, I'll answer your questions. By the time Pakistan gets the J-20 or J-31, being around the mid-to-late 2020s, budget permitting, India will also have inducted the much maligned and problematic, but still on scheduled, FGFA, which is the joint Indian-Russian fifth-gen project based on Russia's T-50 fifth-gen fighter. It's basically a stealthy, more powerful and maneuverable and better armed SU-27. It's a beast. Each of these aircraft, the J-31, J-20, and T-50 are expected to cost in the range of 65-80 million USD, so slightly less expensive than the F-35, who's price is dropping and will stabilize around the 70-80 million USD range. I hope this answers your two questions, the one about India's defenses and the other about the cost of the Chinese aircraft for Pakistan. I will answer additional questions if requested or needed.

India is also investing in surface-to-air missiles, ground and air radars (AWACS and IRS) and additional upgrades to its existing systems to ensure they can meet its operational requirements, one of which is to direct and and vector countermeasure to stealth aircraft.

Thanks buddy @SvenSvensonov , always have to rely on the American to be direct with me ;) !

From your input, I can only see the inevitability of India seeing greater military to military cooperation with either Russia or the United States. I'm just wondering , curious really, what are the geostrategic concessions India will have to acquiesce to in order to be given America's Blessing to acquire F-35s, which in my opinion, are the most logical choice.

The IAF will have the FGFA, Rafale and Super Su-30MKI.

Sir, are you serious that you're even placing the Rafale on the same level as a 5th Generation Air Superiority Fighter like the J-20? I don't think so, i must infer, respectively.

Thanks buddy @SvenSvensonov , always have to rely on the American to be direct with me ;) !
was i not direct enough:what:
From your input, I can only see the inevitability of India seeing greater military to military cooperation with either Russia or the United States. I'm just wondering , curious really, what are the geostrategic concessions India will have to acquiesce to in order to be given America's Blessing to acquire F-35s, which in my opinion, are the most logical choice.
may be a permanent base in laddakh or NE India:D

Yes there are major geostrategic implications that would need to be met for an Indian-US agreement of this kind... this is of course dependent on India actually wanting the F-35 in the first place, which they haven't indicated a strong interest in. The F-35, being the premiere attack system of the West - similar to the F-16, selling it requires a major upgrade in relations and this is why it is currently only offered to allied nations. India would have to join the US side against China, dump its relationship with Russia, or at least limit it (India is already doing this by shifting its procurement to Western and indigenous designs) and the US itself would face a problem of its friend Pakistan becoming angered and seeking even closer ties with China as a counterweight to India's new system and capabilities. I don't see the F-35 gracing the Indian Air Force or Navy, they don't want it, we don't want to sell it, and no party is willing to make the geopolitical changes that would need to be necessary for the F-35 to be sold to India.

The IAF has no interest in the F-35, the Indian Navy may go for it if the offer the US makes is right.

Having said that the FGFA will be arguably more capable than the F-35, it has always been the Russian flagship project intended to match the F-22 (which in itself is superior to the F-35).

As for India having to make concessions- I don't think so. India has been very successful at leveraging competitors in order to maintain its strategic autonomy, this is only going become more prevalent as time goes by and India engages more and more with the powers of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom