What's new

Shops, Marriage Halls and Restaurants to shut down by 8pm in Islamabad, Punjab: CCE

:hitwall:
Solution seems like it manages to annoy everyone in Lahore and Islamabad. Nothing gets eaten before 10 pm....ok maybe it does but this annoys
  • the youth
  • the business community
  • office workers
  • house wife
really anyone who works or likes to relax after a long day.

Most of the people have arranged their own source of energy like UPS, generators etc. What's the purpose of selling these items if govt is to implement these kind of rules regardlessly. So people should be allowed to carry on their businesses uptil their covenience if they've such arrangements.

As far as saving of energy is concerned govt should calculate a formula how much light is required for human use in one square foot. There're lights out of proportion in buildings. It should be implemented by law.

Second thing, payments coming from electricity bills should be used in further generation of electricity and shouldn't be used in any other head. It must work in a cycle.

Last edited:
A good suggestion but will the 'elite' and 'connected' follow this rule? but then they dont suffer from power outages

Out of all i think this issue will raise population in Pakistan.
If one doesnt have any place to go after 8, what will they do ???

Ridiculous.just scrap it.
You are gonna sit yourself on cushiony couches in ac'ed rooms and do nothing about building dams and introducing these ridiculous rules etc whatever he calls it.
And yea right we havent laid our hands on bijli chor kunda systems yet.

Shamain dropkicks nawaz to saudia arabia.

How about ganja and co. - every minister MNA, MPA whatever shit....suffers same amount of loadshedding as rest of Pakistan? That will save ALOT of our electricity!
Someone seems to be very angry, had to use largest don't size and bold to make everyone hear the yelling.

If i'm not wrong, This is being practiced in a lot of countries, i've been to Taiwan & Euro multiple times & 80-95% shops etc shuts down by 8-9pm & they open up again early morning...
Yeah, that's because people in Europe or other nations have sensible people. Not idiots who cry about anything that doesn't please them specifically.

If shops close at 8, people will shop early. I don't see how that is the problem. But of course, laziness is vast in Pakistan. Here shops close at 6 and major ones at 9, with 10 being super store. This is despite the fact that we produce enough electricity.

Even fast food like McDonald's or Pizza Hut close early. Though some rare location of McDonald's continue to operate 24/7. But we're speaking about majority being shut, whereas majority in Pakistan remain open.

Someone seems to be very angry, had to use largest don't size and bold to make everyone hear the yelling.
I believe you never heard of emphasis like how headlines emphasize their news over other sidelines :pop:

Save electricity so that the Factories and Mills Should runs..... and How That will destroy economy? If you want to go shopping why can't you shop in evening??

if you think factories and mills are the main component to a strong and vibrant economy than there's not much I can say to you except perhaps apply for a cabinet minister. :lol:

(Don't take it personal)

Haha those are some smart parents, they won't let you get away that fast. :P It's time to tame the dragon!

Bali, I only do that because I have to prepare to come there and become your pm.....just think about how much quality time we can spend together when I am PM :D abhi ka loss of time future mein makeup kerongi :P prmise
the last female PM we had is busy justifying her deeds to the angels...... You got a deathwish too :D

Out of all i think this issue will raise population in Pakistan.
If one doesnt have any place to go after 8, what will they do ???
thats a very good point.. but TV is a good contraceptive.:pop:

if you think factories and mills are the main component to a strong and vibrant economy than there's not much I can say to you except perhaps apply for a cabinet minister. :lol:

(Don't take it personal)

Nope i don't take anything personal

Save electricity so that the Factories and Mills Should runs..... and How That will destroy economy? If you want to go shopping why can't you shop in evening??

save electricity by shutting down shops. then supply this electricity to factories which produce goods which can not be sold because shops are closed....lol...

anyways, the government has absolutely no business telling when I close or open my shop. It's my property and I should have full control of it. This is the same government that hates dictators and does the same dictation itself...How is this any different from USSR, N.Korea or Cuba or China etc where they control every single thing people do?

Yeah, that's because people in Europe or other nations have sensible people. Not idiots who cry about anything that doesn't please them specifically.

If shops close at 8, people will shop early. I don't see how that is the problem. But of course, laziness is vast in Pakistan. Here shops close at 6 and major ones at 9, with 10 being super store. This is despite the fact that we produce enough electricity.

Even fast food like McDonald's or Pizza Hut close early. Though some rare location of McDonald's continue to operate 24/7. But we're speaking about majority being shut, whereas majority in Pakistan remain open.

Shops in Europe close earlier along with restaurants as they have supper earlier in the evening too..

Night clubs / pubs remain open much longer..

Not the right comparison, comparing the closure of shops in Europe with Pakistan..

save electricity by shutting down shops. then supply this electricity to factories which produce goods which can not be sold because shops are closed....lol...

anyways, the government has absolutely no business telling when I close or open my shop. It's my property and I should have full control of it. This is the same government that hates dictators and does the same dictation itself...How is this any different from USSR, N.Korea or Cuba or China etc where they control every single thing people do?

People can buy In Morning afternoon and Evening... LOL Who says Government can't tell you what to do..? What is Government here for then ?

Back
Top Bottom