What's new

Shooting inside Iran Parliament, one security guard injured: Reuters

@moderators Please clean this thread up.

Pakistan condemns this act of brutality and terror. Our condolences on the loss of life Iran suffered today.

I request all the Pakistanis to leave this thread alone and concentrate on other threads which are more Pakistan related. Pakistan nor Pakistanis intend to take part in this ME conflict and we refuse to take any sides on this.
Hence the necessity for the central powers who secure the flanks....

Tehran Terrorist Attacks Kill 12
News ID: 1430122 Service: Society/Culture
June, 07, 2017 - 16:33

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Two terrorist attacks claimed by the Daesh (ISIL) terrorist group in Iran’s capital of Tehran killed 12 people and wounded more than 40 others on Wednesday, medics said.
Twelve people have died and 42 others injured in two terrorist attacks in Tehran on Wednesday, head of Iran’s Emergency Medical Services Pirhossein Koulivand told Tasnim.

On Wednesday morning, terrorists launched simultaneous attacks on Iran’s parliament building in downtown Tehran and on the mausoleum of late founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini, south of the city.

Four armed assailants, dresses as women, attacked the parliament buildings in the morning.

Equipped with AK-47 assault rifles, handguns and suicide vests, the gunmen killed security guards and ordinary people before holding people hostage in the upper floors of the building.

Security forces laid a siege to the parliament for several hours. Three of the gunmen were shot dead in an exchange of gunfire, while the other blew himself up.

The crisis came to an end at around 10:30 GMT.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2017/06/07/1430122/tehran-terrorist-attacks-kill-12

I hope and pray that injured ones get speedy recovery...Stay safe !!!

RIP to fallen

trust me they will be writing whatever they done wrong from when they were 4 years old up to now, it is in process

Now it's time for intelligence services to rip open a new hole for these terrorists, hunt their associates down by any means necessary!!!

trust me they will be writing whatever they done wrong from when they were 4 years old up to now, it is in process
But we dont know for sure if they have been captured alive or not

And the scary thing is, who ever is behind this knows a way in, this is just the beginning of many attacks :(

Seems to be the first special op of the Saudi lead Islamic NATO. Why it is not surprising at all. .

When you are so sure, what sort of actions you propose against Islamic NATO?

Such attacks very rarely happen in Iran. They are usually snipped in the bud. Iranian intelligence agency has to answer why these terrorists managed to creep through such sensitive areas.

Such attacks very rarely happen in Iran. They are usually snipped in the bud. Iranian intelligence agency has to answer why these terrorists managed to creep through such sensitive areas.

Are you thinking there is a rotten egg inside the intelligence agency?

Hence the necessity for the central powers who secure the flanks....

Let there be no illusions... both Pak and Turkey are on their own.

Short term pain and long term benefits. They must remain out of this mess.

I only fear accelerated terrorism in the Two Heartlands.

There needs to be an urgent meeting between Pak-Turk and establishment of particular mechanisms to tackel multifaceted threats. Both States wouldn't be allowed to reach certain potential.

Never underestimate the will or intention of Evil.

My deepest sympathies for the victims. :sad: Terrorism is a global threat and I wish Iran luck in finding and punishing, all responsible.

The latest news I can find says that the Islamic State ISIL/IS has not only claimed responsibility but they have released a video. I don't know if that has already been posted as I have not yet read through the entire thread.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/...arliament-attack-khomeini-mausoleum.html?_r=0

Monkeys will pay with their heads. We will drink their blood. We have done this before, we have destroyed homes and families of those who dared to threaten ours.

What we are seeing is the making of another Turko-Iranic revival across middle east. These people never learn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom