What's new

Shoe Thrown At Chinese Premier

many tibetians would see him as a dictator not han chinese. similarly in iraq some kurds, shiites who bore the brunt during saddams time definitely dont see bush as dictator while others do.

how many tibetians have you asked how they see the ccp rule as after all they are your countrymen despite staying in china?
then you should ask the Cambridge guy whether he blamed Wen for Tibetans or Hans at first.I can't recognize whether he is a Han or a Tibetan.but I can surely recognize the Iraq journo is a Iraqi Sunni.

even he speak for Tibetans,how many Tibetans have the Cambridge guy asked?is he lives in Tibet?does he make judgement base on prejudiced infos merely from CNN and etc?does he know anything about Chinese Tibet history?
he had never been whipped by serfowner of old Tibet.

of course,there may be some Tibetans or Hans dissatisfied about Wen.but,it's still a joke,a man has nothing to do with China or Tibet blame for it.it's not about protest,it's about prejudice.with his limited knowledge and experience of China and Tibet.regardless many nations have similarly minority problem,for example,India.

what do you think about a foreigner who has nothing to do with Kashmir blame for Kashmir problem base on a series of prejudice rumor.

then you should ask the Cambridge guy whether he blamed Wen for Tibetans or Hans at first.I can't recognize whether he is a Han or a Tibetan.but I can surely recognize the Iraq journo is a Iraqi Sunni.

even he speak for Tibetans,how many Tibetans have the Cambridge guy asked?is he lives in Tibet?does he make judgement base on prejudiced infos merely from CNN and etc?does he know anything about Chinese Tibet history?
he had never been whipped by serfowner of old Tibet.

of course,there may be some Tibetans or Hans dissatisfied about Wen.but,it's still a joke,a man has nothing to do with China or Tibet blame for it.it's not about protest,it's about prejudice.with his limited knowledge and experience of China and Tibet.regardless many nations have similarly minority problem,for example,India.

what do you think about a foreigner who has nothing to do with Kashmir blame for Kashmir problem base on a series of prejudice rumor.

Some here selectively blamed bush. A tibetian throwing a shoe at Wen in China would be shot on sight. Somebody else did it for them. The iraqi's treatment by his own countrymen show that some didnt agree with him. And they were from same sect, same religion.

Those who rejoice when someone throws show at other leaders, suddenly feel great offence when done the same to their leaders. very amusing indeed. Lets not forget that even hitler and stalin(within and outside their country) had supporters who thought they were saints. Perhaps bush thinks he is a saint too and so does Wen.

Ofcourse in support of Wen he is a comparatively a much decent person than maybe many others within the CCP and perhaps the totally wrong person to throw a shoe at.

It was more in opposition to the selective hoopla against leaders of other countries other than ones own that needed a response.

Personally I condemn both the incidents....and the selective opposition by some people.

A tibetian throwing a shoe at Wen in China would be shot on sight.
this is the kind of prejudiced rumor from CNN and etc.

btw,we don't know whether the Cambridge guy speak for Hans or Tibetans yet.we should make it sure before connect to Tibet.there may be someone who throw shoe just for nothing other than prejudice.

Last edited:
this is the kind of prejudiced rumor from CNN and etc.

btw,we don't know whether the Cambridge guy speak for Hans or Tibetans yet.we should make it sure before connect to Tibet.there may be someone who throw shoe just for nothing other than prejudice.

why cant you just condemn the shoe incident of bush as well? why are you so adamant that only throwing shoe at Wen is wrong?

why cant you just condemn the shoe incident of bush as well? why are you so adamant that only throwing shoe at Wen is wrong?
again,I put emphasis on the words they blame for,not the shoe.

I keep telling this again and again.

I'm not condemn the Cambridge guy,I'm laughing at his ignorance.

I condemn CNN and etc,which keep making prejudiced rumor about China.

Last edited:
again,I put emphasis on the words they blame for,not the shoe.

I keep telling this again and again.

I'm not condemn the Cambridge guy,I'm laughing at his ignorance.

I condemn CNN and etc,which keep making prejudiced rumor about China.

so you think throwing shoe at a world leader as a form of protest is fine?:eek:

then there can be lot of ugly scenes in the world. I can give you score of examples where different leaders are unpopular with different communities/countries. if those ppl start resorting to this method, it would be very ugly indeed.

never mind the shoe,I don't care the shoe.

I'm worry about rumors,which would mislead people again and again.

Cambridge shoe protester is German pathology research student

The Cambridge University protester who threw a shoe at the Chinese prime minister is a German pathology student at the forefront of research into diabetes and arthritis, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

By Richard Edwards, Crime Correspondent
Last Updated: 1:51PM GMT 07 Feb 2009

Sources have confirmed that the man arrested over the incident is 27-year-old Martin Jahnke, a senior postgraduate member of the pathology department who has been at the university for several years, tutoring undergraduates and presenting lunchtime seminars.

He was detained after throwing his left shoe at Wen Jiabao and shouting that the university was "prostituting itself with this dictator" during a lecture given by the Chinese Premier on Monday in Cambridge.

Footage of the incident has proved a hit on the internet, with YouTube videos receiving almost one million hits, but the "out of character" stunt has left the quiet and diligent student in deep trouble – facing the prospect of a criminal record and possible suspension or rustication from the university.

Mr Jahnke has told friends that he is "upset" by the fallout and he has gone into hiding, temporarily leaving his accommodation at Darwin College this week. He is due to appear at Cambridge magistrates court on Tuesday, charged with a public order offence.

Chinese officials described the protest as a "despicable" act and said that Gordon Brown expressed his personal regret to Mr Wen in a letter.

Cambridge's vice chancellor, Professor Alison Richard, also "sincerely apologised" for the episode. The university attracts more than 600 Chinese students a year and are currently engaged in a recruitment drive from Hong Kong. Officials said that they are taking the matter "very, very seriously".

A formal, internal complaint is expected will be heard by the Cambridge University Advocate, Professor Christopher Forsyth, who is a crown court judge, barrister and chair of Public Law and Private International Law at Cambridge. Sanctions include a fine, suspension or rustication from Cambridge.

As part of a study group of graduates under Professor John Trowsdale, which includes two Chinese students, Mr Jahnke carries out important genetic research into debilitating diseases such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis and arthritis. He has had his work published in the Journal of Biochemistry and has delivered lunchtime seminars to other graduate students.

The 27-year-old is also a leading member of the university caving club and takes part in regular expeditions in Wales, the south west and north of England.

Applicants to attend Mr Wen's speech were vetted and security was tight. Almost 2,000 students and members of staff applied for the 500 tickets available to hear the lecture entitled "See China in the Light of Her Development".

The prime minister had spoken for 40 minutes and was five minutes from finishing his speech when the protester stood and shouted: "How can the University prostitute itself with this dictator here?" and "How can you listen to the lies he's telling?"

He threw the shoe as he was bundled out of the lecture hall and missed the prime minister by ten feet. Had it hit him, Mr Jahnke may have faced a more serious charge of assault.

The audience, comprising students and staff, turned on the student, telling him to "get out" and shouting "shame." Reports suggest that many in the audience were Chinese students. The protester was then led out of the building by proctors and security staff before being arrested and charged with a public order offence by police.

The incident was thought to be inspired by the shoe-throwing protest directed at George Bush in January. Muntader al-Zaidi, an Iraqi journalist, threw his shoe at the former American president and faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted for the offence.

Mr Jahnke was unavailable for comment. A spokesman for the university refused to discuss the identity of the protester.

Cambridge shoe protester is German pathology research student - Telegraph

Back
Top Bottom