What's new

A Chinese Commonwealth? An Idea Resurfaces in Taiwan

Of course. But the Taiwanese may beg to differ. They have friends too, you know. :D
Taiwanese are Chinese, Taiwan issue is unfinished Chinese civil war, how many countries actually recognize Taiwan as a country? zero.

Taiwanese are Chinese, Taiwan issue is unfinished Chinese civil war, how many countries actually recognize Taiwan as a country? zero.

Agreed. But when Taiwan asks its friends for help, it is likely to get that help. That is all.

Agreed. But when Taiwan asks its friends for help, it is likely to get that help. That is all.
Which friend? US recently says that it will help Taiwan to "defend itself", which US also did that help over 70 years ago during the heat of the Chinese civil war, and we all know the result, communists routed KMT in 3 years and drove them to flee to Taiwan.

US also supported south Vietnam and pro US government in Afghanistan, it seems that every time US will just back the wrong horse.

Which friend? US recently says that it will help Taiwan to "defend itself", which US also did that help over 70 years ago during the heat of the Chinese civil war, and we all know the result, communists routed KMT in 3 years and drove them to flee to Taiwan.

Which friends? I don't know, but let communist China try to invade Taiwan and I am sure it will find out pretty quickly which ones. :D

Which friends? I don't know, but let communist China try to invade Taiwan and I am sure it will find out pretty quickly which ones. :D
You will find just you, US says it will support Taiwan to "defend itself", it's a very clear message to Taiwan, maybe you will come to fight yourself, then good luck.

Check out what Taiwan people think Xi will do in his third term about Taiwan

You will find just you, US says it will support Taiwan to "defend itself", it's a very clear message to Taiwan, maybe you will come to fight yourself, then good luck.

I will just wait and see what happens. If nothing happens, that is the best in this situation. :D

Freedom under threat anywhere is freedom under threat everywhere, to paraphrase a famous quote. :D
So dumb, we are Chinese, we got nothing to do with you, check out what Taiwan people think Xi will do in his third term about Taiwan

But the Taiwanese are free to make friends as they wish, and ask them for help when needed. :D
They always did, that's why they lost the mainland and driven to a small island now.

as for your dumb freedom, these people are very free, to die on the streets

They always did, that's why they lost the mainland and driven to a small island now.

Yes, but they have a civil war to finish as one of the two claimants to be the one true government for all of China. They may have more friends now than who they did back then when the communists overran the mainland. It will be all be clearer when the times comes. There is no rush here.

Yes, but they have a civil war to finish as one of the two claimants to be the one true government for all of China. They may have more friends now than who they did back then when the communists overran the mainland. It will be all be clearer when the times comes. There is no rush here.
No one is in a rush here, we benefit a lot from each other, only US is trying to make trouble here, check out what Taiwan people think Xi will do in his third term about Taiwan

Mainland China and the island of Taiwan is of a single nation and people. ROC and PRC are just names assigned by governments currently in power.

As long as the country is re-united, I really don't care what the name is. With that said, commonwealth implies an association of independent countries, which is just another attempt at separatism.

Back
Top Bottom