What's new

Shoe Thrown At Chinese Premier

Exactly,but when it was happen to bush chinese media make fun of that incident.
And now..... it is totally different view.

Why can’t some people surpass an intelligent threshold that doesn’t seem that insurmountable: when it happened to Bush, it was innovative and to the point; when it repeated against Wen, it is tastelessly trite out of context.

USA occupies Iraq, and China doesn’t occupy UK.

!

Why can’t some people surpass an intelligent threshold that doesn’t seem that insurmountable: when it happened to Bush, it was innovative and to the point; when it repeated against Wen, it is tastelessly trite out of context.

USA occupies Iraq, and China doesn’t occupy UK.

!

Your comment is based on the false assumption that only when the guy occupies your country, are you morally permitted to throw a shoe at him.

Firstly, throwing a shoe under any circumstances is merely a publicity stunt and not worthy of praise.

Secondly, the idea that "Bush deserves it but Wen doesn't" is nothing but blind nationalism. Wen is also morally responsible for the death and torture of many Tibetans and Chinese, just like Bush of the Iraqis.

Your comment is based on the false assumption that only when the guy occupies your country, are you morally permitted to throw a shoe at him.

Firstly, throwing a shoe under any circumstances is merely a publicity stunt and not worthy of praise.

Secondly, the idea that "Bush deserves it but Wen doesn't" is nothing but blind nationalism. Wen is also morally responsible for the death and torture of many Tibetans and Chinese, just like Bush of the Iraqis.

:rofl:

Perhaps you don’t know that both Tibet population and economic growth out-pace those in the rest of China.

As the Chinese are getting freer and more prosperous, their enemies are feeling more morally hurt and becoming more behaviorally despicable.

So be it!

On a more serious note:

1) congratulations on China being treated on par with USA;

2) let the high lever leaders of China have a real taste of free world (be it regarded as a side effect or not) so as to thus influence their decision making.

^Erm okay, if that's the kind of recognition you want.

P.S. Refuting torture by citing Economic growth? Does not compute mate.

^Erm okay, if that's the kind of recognition you want.

P.S. Refuting torture by citing Economic growth? Does not compute mate.

Tell us which country doen't have torture in one way or the other?

India?

Ofcourse, that doesn't mean we should endorse it.

When Shoe was thrown at Bush.. that made sense as he was an idiot. But when shoe was thrown at Wen, it made the shoe thrower an idiot...

Nope it was simply difference in interpretation:cool:. No offense taken from my side:cheers:

And I hope I had not offended you.

It is indeed a regrettable incident. And this sort of behavior with any world leader should be condemned.

Showing shoes is something a symbol of disrespect in oriental and mid east culture. So when he threw shoes at Bush that tells a lot. But when somebody wanted to draw attention of media by throwing shoes at Wen which is not even tells anything in his own culture, makes thing dishonest and with ill motive.. Thats unacceptable
:devil:

Hogwash.

It's really funny when Foreigners are more upset that Chinese live under a dictatorship than the Chinese who actually live under that dictatorship. This of course begs the question: if Chinese like their unelected leaders more than foreigners like their elected leaders, is there really any point to you idiots protesting the lack of democratic elections in China?

Quite frankly, our leaders have approval ratings up in the high 80s, and the more heat that the CCP gets from abroad, the more we the people will ensure its survival.

Ohh I forgot to mention, the shoe thrown at Bush, priced at millions of dollars and they had to burn it :enjoy:.. what about the Wen shoe??? did anybody interested in buying those ..??:tsk:

The shoe attack epidemy is spreading at an alarming rate!

Last edited:
Showing shoes is something a symbol of disrespect in oriental and mid east culture. So when he threw shoes at Bush that tells a lot. But when somebody wanted to draw attention of media by throwing shoes at Wen which is not even tells anything in his own culture, makes thing dishonest and with ill motive.. Thats unacceptable
:devil:

What a hogwash.

My view is still the same

Both incidents are regrettable.

The Chinese are upset. The thing is that the upset ones never get a voice.

Hogwash.

It's really funny when Foreigners are more upset that Chinese live under a dictatorship than the Chinese who actually live under that dictatorship. This of course begs the question: if Chinese like their unelected leaders more than foreigners like their elected leaders, is there really any point to you idiots protesting the lack of democratic elections in China?

Quite frankly, our leaders have approval ratings up in the high 80s, and the more heat that the CCP gets from abroad, the more we the people will ensure its survival.

The Chinese are upset. The thing is that the upset ones never get a voice.

Try coming to China and tell that to commoners. 9 out of 10 people think that the CCP is doing a good job and leading the nation into the right direction. In fact, PEW released a poll last year that supports my point.

Sure, there are few Chinese who are upset, and they are typically the type who get interviewed by Western media and make it to the headlines in order to paint a picture of how "China is oppressing the masses" or "China is on the brink of collapsing." Hardly represents the rest of us.

I would like to think that I know a lot more about my country than you, especially considering my whole family is here.

agree,I don't support such incidents either.

but,I would understand the Iraq journo when he blame Bush "aggressor".and I don't understand the Cambridge guy when he blame Wen "dictator".
the key problem is not the shoe,but the words they blame for?

We Chinese who live under Wen's gover don't consider Wen as "dictator".Why a man never ruled by Wen blame him "dictator"?the guy doesn't look like a Chinese citizen at all.

I repeat,the Iraq journo really know what happen in Iraq.the Cambridge guy does not know what happen in China.that's the prime difference between them.

many tibetians would see him as a dictator not han chinese. similarly in iraq some kurds, shiites who bore the brunt during saddams time definitely dont see bush as dictator while others do.

how many tibetians have you asked how they see the ccp rule as after all they are your countrymen despite staying in china?

Back
Top Bottom