What's new

Ship with banned sat phone intercepted, crew arrested

Because the last time a bunch of youngsters with satellite phones came through the sea, they shot people on the streets of Mumbai, and threw grenades into chhatrapati shivaji station at rush hour.

It seems that the govt was serious when they said that coastal security will be upgraded. It seems that they can now track every phone on every boat. The IN and ICG have woven an impenetrable net along our long peninsula. They knew precisely what they were doing when they asked for funds to enhance coastal security, and put every penny of that to good use. Since they are doing such a good job as our protective shield during peacetime, I'm sure that they will do an equally good job as our avenging sword during wartime.

Very good, but where does UAE fit in all of this?

This ship must have been coming from Pakistan. If this an India media report, I m surprised Pakistan isn't mentioned.

The Coast Guard on Wednesday night intercepted a vessel from Dubai which was carrying the banned Thuraya satellite phones.

Five people arrested onboard MSV Yusufi were in touch with Dubai using the satellite phones.

The Coast Guard, on an intelligence input, had deployed ships and aircraft with the help of the Navy and intercepted the ship about 12 km off the Mumbai coast. The crew of the said vessel were in touch with one Usman from Dubai for whom the goods were being transported to Mumbai, Coast Guard officials said.

On sighting the Coast Guard ships, the crew panicked and threw the satellite phones overboard. Twenty-seven goats, imported cigarettes, mobile accessories and television sets were recovered from the vessel.

The arrested crew and the vessel were transferred to the Yellow Gate police station and joint interrogation is under way.

Vessel from Dubai intercepted near Mumbai - The Hindu

Huh? Why should UAE fit in any of that? I was merely expressing admiration for India's navy and coast guard.

My post was entirely about UAE, I didn't say anything bad about nave and coast gyuard

My post was entirely about UAE, I didn't say anything bad about nave and coast gyuard

Your post that I responded to had nothing to do with UAE. Also, I specifically picked out two particular sentences from your post, which means that I was responding to those sentences only. Also, once I finished my response to you, I started a new paragraph, and THAT is where I talked about the IN and ICG, which means that that was not a response to your post, but general comments about the topic.

Quite reassuring to know the agencies are doing their job.

Quite reassuring to know the agencies are doing their job.

Watch tht potty mouth of urs ...

Heres the link:

they either didnt had valid docs or were overstaying after haj .. ( muslims only ).. hardly makes a supporting arguement.. in stark contrast, saudis deported pakistani national who was wanted in India .. !! There is a massive difference between the two !

Back
Top Bottom