What's new

"Shining India, Swaggering India" - Times of India

@bindaas - Malaysia is not Singapore. :hitwall::hitwall:

@veer - Yes I would and it's my right to do so. You can't be telling me what I should be and should not be doing.

Counter those arguments I listed earlier if u have the gall to. If not, be quiet.

Götterdämmerung;2965452 said:
Back then there was no country called India as well. It was a British colony but that does not mean there wasn't a region where the majority of Tamils lived.

Yeah there was no country called India coz India is an English word..It was called Bharat or Hindustan and is still called.

@veer - Yes I would and it's my right to do so. You can't be telling me what I should be and should not be doing.

Counter those arguments I listed earlier if u have the gall to. If not, be quiet.

First learn to speak in a proper civil manner without making racially abusive statements...

wow !!! i dont know if u r really a Indian Singaporean but u r comments definitely make me think u r a Pakistani,..these are the exact comments made by low self esteem Pakistanis who try to justify themselves by making such claims...

Oh btw..what was Colombus searching for when he discovered sea route to America??

And what are the name of the companies from Europe who came to India for trade and eventually conquered India?????

He was not searching India the country, but India the region. Or else, can you provide an official document from that time that has India as its official name?

He is right. There was a Mughal Empire, there was no single entity called India. That is a geographic term used to denote the region as a whole. You just took the name the Republic of India and today India has become synonymous with that country. That's all. Same situation with the Republic of South Africa. Just cos they have the name doesn't mean they are the bosses off all the other countries in southern Africa.

India has existed since ancient time, the Tamil Dance is known as Bharatnatyam(Dance of India) and one of the most famous Tamil Poet's name is Subramanyam Bharathiyar where Bharathiyar means Indian.

Low IQ fake people like you are always obsessed with Tamils of India.

LOL, u Indians are amazing trolls dude. No surprise there that your country is such a $hith0le and you can't get one thing done right. Because it's way easier to deflect the issue with horse$hit than to actually get down to a plan of action and resolve it. That's exactly what you are doing. I made my case, u don't argue about it but u r more interested in something irrelevant.

do u have a blog ...?:D

Yeah there was no country called India coz India is an English word..It was called Bharat or Hindustan and is still called.

I was under the impression it was a bunch of small states most of the time. One guy came along occasionally, unified all of them, and then they went back to squabbling till the next guy came along and conquered them. There wasn't really a unified country there was there?

Götterdämmerung;2965543 said:
Why don't you Indians just address LimPeh's points but instead starting to go ad hominem on him and attacking Pakistanis and Chinese who so far have raised little to no voice in this trhead?

Fairness in debate seems to be a foreign word to you guys.

Because we dont owe an explanation to any non-indian..This was a discussion among Indians before this low life troll started making racially abusive statements against Indians...

and btw we are fair to those who are fair to us...

do u have a blog ...?:D

Not really, I comment alot on a local Singaporean page devoted to Singapore politics on FB, that's about all. Haven't really gotten down to blogging. But do PM me if u wish to discuss something.

Götterdämmerung;2965559 said:
He was not searching India the country, but India the region. Or else, can you provide an official document from that time that has India as its official name?

wow !!!! such words of wisdom!!!!

India, the region and not India the country?

What was India, the region????care to explain that???

before i show u any document from that time that has India as its official name..can u show me a document from that time which differentiated between a region and country?

Stop responding to trolls people!! You have wasted enough time on a frustated soul.. Now all the other Chin trolls are the party of that SingChin troll..

India has existed since ancient time, the Tamil Dance is known as Bharatnatyam(Dance of India) and one of the most famous Tamil Poet's name is Subramanyam Bharathiyar where Bharathiyar means Indian.

Of course I know Bharathanatyam, I even knew someone who had learnt it for 10 years. So many schools over here for it. And I've been for many people's 'arangetram' myself. That's one of the aspects of Tamil culture I actually love because it is unique. And yeaps, Bharathiyaar and Bharathidaasan too. I've read some of their stuff a long time ago. The only guy I thought was a complete nutjob was Periyaar. I studied all these for 2nd language at high school. Tamil works r certainly rich. But what's the point u r trying to raise anyway?

I didn't get the second part. What obsession with Tamils of India.

Of course I know Bharathanatyam, I even knew someone who had learnt it for 10 years. So many schools over here for it. And I've been for many people's 'arangetram' myself. That's one of the aspects of Tamil culture I actually love because it is unique. And yeaps, Bharathiyaar and Bharathidaasan too. I've read some of their stuff a long time ago. The only guy I thought was a complete nutjob was Periyaar. I studied all these for 2nd language at high school. Tamil works r certainly rich. But what's the point u r trying to raise anyway?

I didn't get the second part. What obsession with Tamils of India.

I know about Singapore, just visit the website of any Singaporean University and you will find out how much obsession and love Chinese still have for mainland China. When communist China introduced Simplified Chinese script, Singapore was the first one to tune itself with mainland China when other Chinese in US, Taiwan, Hongkong and Macau still preferred for traditional Chinese script.

@veer bhogya vasundhara - What kind of a retard would want a non-Indian to be proud of being Indian?? Same level of stupidity I noticed on some thread with Indian clowns calling Pakistani culture their own. Now I know how pissed off they must have been!

Why o why do some people not do some research before opening their big mouths to later get insulted?

Pakistanis are actually confused with their identity.Some think they are Arabs while others think they belong to Indus valley civilisation.
The religion of Hinduism probably has its roots in the Indus Valley civilisation. Hindus and Indus people both worship a 'mother goddess' (her names include Parvati and Sakti), and both regard the cow as sacred. Hindus and Indus people both bathe in the River for religious purposes and consider rivers holy.Some Indus valley seals show swastikas, which are found in other religions (worldwide), especially in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The earliest evidence for elements of Hinduism are alleged to have been present before and during the early Harappan period.Phallic symbols interpreted as the much later Hindu Shiva lingam have been found in the Harappan remains

Its not a Islamic civilisation...unless they agree that their forefathers were the ones who got converted.

And here is a map..go figure out if India was a part of it or not.

Civilt%C3%A0ValleIndoMappa.png

Back
Top Bottom