What's new

"Shining India, Swaggering India" - Times of India

Not sure why are you feeling sorry for it.... If these chaps are breaking any law then you can hold them accountable but being sorry for them just because they are conservative is sounding ridiculous to me...I mean are you saying people who are conservative don't have the right to live?? I myself is not a conservative and stayed in US for almost 5 years however ht doesn't mean chaps who were conservative are any lesser than me..I mean when somebody from western world comes to India then do they simply shed their culture just to appease Indians??? Do women start wearing our tradional dresses all the time???
well i was "sorry " because "we" are earning a bad name out of this. being conservative is ok but outright offending the local diaspora is another matter. i m sure being conservative doesnt include blaring on the fone, defacating/pissing in the open, unnecessary aggression. disturbing others with our show of conservativeness is naive.
i m pleased that u r still very much "indian" after 5 yrs of ur stay abroad and i would be proud of ppl like u who remember their roots in alien places n behave, and not do the things that i mentioned.
abt the western ppl, i was not pointing the culture ( i guess i was pretty clear on that ). its just the offensive manners which mite offend the local ppl.

well i was "sorry " because "we" are earning a bad name out of this. being conservative is ok but outright offending the local diaspora is another matter. i m sure being conservative doesnt include blaring on the fone, defacating/pissing in the open, unnecessary aggression. disturbing others with our show of conservativeness is naive.
i m pleased that u r still very much "indian" after 5 yrs of ur stay abroad and i would be proud of ppl like u who remember their roots in alien places n behave, and not do the things that i mentioned.
abt the western ppl, i was not pointing the culture ( i guess i was pretty clear on that ). its just the offensive manners which mite offend the local ppl.

The portion is bold, I don't believe people will be doing in Singapore.. He is just making few things up reading online about India..

And eating in public with five fingers and licking it.. who does that? Back in India is ok but I have not seen any one in US doing that.. so that is another fake story as well..

and talking about aggression.. If somebody is racist and abusive then he is sure going to get some back as well. Otherwise why would anyone pick a fight for no reason? -- they are simply annoyed for not being able to compete so their behavior on the thread probably is a display of desperation..

Sorry but this explanation is lame...It is easy to put all the muck on rural people and semi urban people but reality is far from different...Anyhow this is one aspect i will hold myself from debating...
well u are n indian n so m i and hence we can understand the minute details bcoz we have got first hand exp, but u can hardly expect limpeh to understand all this. now do tell me, can he comprehend the difference between jatts of north india/ ne tribal folk ( the aggressive ones) or the gujju/bengali (docile ones) ?

wow !!!! such words of wisdom!!!!

India, the region and not India the country?

What was India, the region????care to explain that???

before i show u any document from that time that has India as its official name..can u show me a document from that time which differentiated between a region and country?

There is a difference between the United States of America and America as a region/ continent, the same as Sout Africa as a country and South Africa as the region that includes Nambia, Lesotho, Botswana and Swaziland, the EU is not representative of the whole of Europe. India the region included Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh at that time but these modern nations were not a united country when Columbus sailed to the west. Try to see and understand the difference.

Unfortunately Indians sometimes can find it difficult to adapt to local practices. For example, I have seen Indians tip way lower than the 15% which is a norm in US restaurants. I strongly believe in "Be a Roman in Rome".

The portion is bold, I don't believe people will be doing in Singapore.. He is just making few things up reading online about India..

And eating in public with five fingers and licking it.. who does that? Back in India is ok but I have not seen any one in US doing that.. so that is another fake story as well..

we i guess wo bhavnao ke samunder me beh gaya tha :cheesy:

Honestly think about it...When i am in a foreign land don't you think it is but obvious that i will do my best not to piss of the local diaspora?? I mean forget about foreign land...Even in India if you travel to different parts you try your best not to insult/disturb the locals, no?? This type of behavior is quiet logical...In US i have seen Indians just parroting the rules and following them like a kid who is afraid that his teacher will punish him otherwise....However if you are being pissed just because i am conservative then i am sorry..that behavior is termed "racist"...As long as i am not bothering you then it is none of your biz that i am conservative or not...as far as pissing on road, bothering women etc etc..then there are laws against them...breaking those laws has nothing to do with just Indians...There are bad and good people in all forms of life, no???

Unfortunately Indians sometimes can find it difficult to adapt to local practices. For example, I have seen Indians tip way lower than the 15% which is a norm in US restaurants. I strongly believe in "Be a Roman in Rome".

ec'fckin'satly.......be a roman when u r in rome

Honestly think about it...When i am in a foreign land don't you think it is but obvious that i will do my best not to piss of the local diaspora?? I mean forget about foreign land...Even in India if you travel to different parts you try your best not to insult/disturb the locals, no?? This type of behavior is quiet logical...In US i have seen Indians just parroting the rules and following them like a kid who is afraid that his teacher will punish him otherwise....However if you are being pissed just because i am conservative then i am sorry..that behavior is termed "racist"...As long as i am not bothering you then it is none of your biz that i am conservative or not...as far as pissing on road, bothering women etc etc..then there are laws against them...breaking those laws has nothing to do with just Indians...There are bad and good people in all forms of life, no???

So how else do you want the Indians to behave?

I am a Sikh...There is no concept of wearing a turban in US...does that mean i should cut my hairs??? If not then i cannot be a part of Be a Roman in Rome concept in its totality, no???...Now as far as tipping is concerned then there are many Americans who don't do that as well...Once again spending money, tipping etc has nothing to do with Indians...I used to tip 20% and my American friends used to tease me a loaded chap....so it is just your perception...b/w in an alien land it is very hard to adapt 100%...

Götterdämmerung;2965731 said:
There is no need to make insulting names. Post reported!

Ah, Thanks for letting me know the Typo!! Btw, nothing can be as insulting as faking yourself!!

Well IMHO the expectations are not very realistic and fair..Are you saying that nobody in Singpore harrass women but Indians??? Are you saying nobody in Singapore take a piss on streets but Indians...I am still at loss of words that what is wrong in eating with hand??? I mean once someone from Singapore arrives in India shall we expect him/her to start eating with hands??? See how stupid it is sounding..no??

Guys what are we talking about here...I might have missed something in the back(ignored since lot of trolling) but would appreciate if you can point it to me...

well i totally agree eating with hand is perfectly fine...even licking fingers is ok (althoh licking mite be offensive to many)....n morever i dont give a crap whether others are in competition for the infamy with us. i m concerned about my country's honor, not others'. my indifference to societal norms cant be justified just bcoz some other person is also doing the same.

n yes , u didnt miss much, it was pretty much off topic trolling.

thank u

Back
Top Bottom