What's new

Sheikh Rasheed confirms/hints about buying J-10 Jets

J 10Cs will be based in Bholari
But I was asking HOW not Where

to put it in simple words, Training of the pilots in first phase & Tactics development in second....

DvBRjlCU0AAbnRF

J 10Cs will be based in Bholari

Pardon, but either I missed something or you are too fast?

Last time I read, the J-10C was still rejected and even if there are rumors again popping up from time to time, at least AFAIK no decission has been made ... and now you tell us, they WILL be based at Bholari?!!

Bro this is useless thread PAF already rejected J-10 in past because of JF-17/J-10's capabilities are closely similar to each other

Yes.

Although it has matured significantly, J-10C would only make sense if Blk3 either fails to be inducted on time (takes much longer then expected) or completely fails. If neither worse case scenarios take place then there is no point in having "chota bhai (JF-17), bara bhai (J-10C)" induction, especially when the "bara bhai" isn't really bringing much diversity to the air force - they both would be operating almost the same weapon system. Chances of modifying J-10C with European avionics and weapons system is grim. After all, we didn't really achieve that with the JF-17 either. I think J-10C would be a step sidewards if not backwards, but certainly not forwards.

Under the present circumstances, I think any possibility of fighter aircraft induction, other than JF-17, would be deferred. India could (or it should) defer force modernization for a couple of years as well. But while India might be able to recover relatively quickly we'll have to face the double-edged sword of both the economic loss due to coronavirus and FATF. Our lower courts certainly aren't positing good impression with regards to handling terror and militancy-related cases. It is likely that Lockheed Martin would go on an aggressive marketing drive, especially in India, to make up for the loss they are taking in the European market. But I don't really see how Pakistan can capitalize on it without having much $$$ in the pocket. One option to overcome this issue is to start austerity drive within the forces and civil bureaucracies and divert the money for force modernization and civilian infrastructure development respectively. I don't expect that to happen though.

Yes.

Although it has matured significantly, J-10C would only make sense if Blk3 either fails to be inducted on time (takes much longer then expected) or completely fails. If neither worse case scenarios take place then there is no point in having "chota bhai (JF-17), bara bhai (J-10C)" induction, especially when the "bara bhai" isn't really bringing much diversity to the air force - they both would be operating almost the same weapon system. Chances of modifying J-10C with European avionics and weapons system is grim. After all, we didn't really achieve that with the JF-17 either. I think J-10C would be a step sidewards if not backwards, but certainly not forwards.

Under the present circumstances, I think any possibility of fighter aircraft induction, other than JF-17, would be deferred. India could (or it should) defer force modernization for a couple of years as well. But while India might be able to recover relatively quickly we'll have to face the double-edged sword of both the economic loss due to coronavirus and FATF. Our lower courts certainly aren't positing good impression with regards to handling terror and militancy-related cases. It is likely that Lockheed Martin would go on an aggressive marketing drive, especially in India, to make up for the loss they are taking in the European market. But I don't really see how Pakistan can capitalize on it without having much $$$ in the pocket. One option to overcome this issue is to start austerity drive within the forces and civil bureaucracies and divert the money for force modernization and civilian infrastructure development respectively. I don't expect that to happen though.
What about MIG-35 sir its a good jet with relatively cheap price

Last time I read, the J-10C was still rejected and even if there are rumors again popping up from time to time, at least AFAIK no decission has been made ... and now you tell us, they WILL be based at Bholari?!!
Its in our plans.

Same case with F15s operating with F16s

relatively cheap price
expensive in long run

In my opinion, what the gentleman is alluding to is that Bholari has been possibly earmarked to get Chinese fighters. Now these could be single engines, or dual, only time will tell.

The basis of this assumption i.e. Chinese fighters, is that during our PM's last visit, something was finalized.

Back
Top Bottom