What's new

A time will come, Pakistan will Get J-20 as well - Sheikh Rasheed

Is there a possibility of India setting up a local Su-57 production facility?

Is there a possibility of India setting up a local Su-57 production facility?
15 years ago there was talk of some sort of joint production, it never materialized. Doubt India will go for it now. What we'll probably see is 3 or more orders for more Rafales, to be delivered in tranches of 36 aircraft and an eventual fleet of 100+. This may include Rafale Ms to replace the ageing Mig 29Ks.

15 years ago there was talk of some sort of joint production, it never materialized. Doubt India will go for it now. What we'll probably see is 3 or more orders for more Rafales, to be delivered in tranches of 36 aircraft and an eventual fleet of 100+. This may include Rafale Ms to replace the ageing Mig 29Ks.
What about your 5th generation aircraft?

I'm guessing you're banking on an indigenous one and will try your luck with the F-35?

I could have said that...that is like saying "a time will come, Pakistan will get F-35s as well"....too many factors, too far down the line etc. etc.
Very likely if US ready for V kits along 18New vipers

In my humble opinion, Pakistan doesn't have the depth to make full use of stealth or other advanced fighters especially in the age of supersonic cruise and ballistic missiles.

Our airfields will be targeted in case of a full blown war with India rendering them unusable. We should focus on countering Indian armor and air assets with advanced UAVs, ATGMs, mobile AA and super/hypersonic cruise missiles.

What about your 5th generation aircraft?

I'm guessing you're banking on an indigenous one and will try your luck with the F-35?
No idea, our PAK FA joint production dreams died with the Russian reluctance to transfer sensitive 5th gen tech.

Years ago when Hillary Clinton was sec of state, she had offered F 35s to India but the US' red line was (and still is) that they can't have a Russian SAM like the S-400 and their 5th gens together. Turkey, most recently, has had to deal with a similar headache.

The indigenous AMCA program is also at the mercy of foreign powers. We don't produce our own turbofans and nobody is willing to transfer that sensitive tech to anybody.

4.5 gen semi stealth Rafales will have to do for now, and they're good enough to wield in our immediate neighborhood for now as deterrents.

4.5 gen semi stealth Rafales will have to do for now, and they're good enough to wield in our immediate neighborhood for now as deterrents.
The internal simulation results of PLAAF show that when fifth gen meets 4.5 gen fighters, it is simply a slaughter, a pilot with only 100 hours in his J20 won a score of 0:20 over 4, 4.5 gen jets.

Last edited:
No idea, our PAK FA joint production dreams died with the Russian reluctance to transfer sensitive 5th gen tech.

Years ago when Hillary Clinton was sec of state, she had offered F 35s to India but the US' red line was (and still is) that they can't have a Russian SAM like the S-400 and their 5th gens together. Turkey, most recently, has had to deal with a similar headache.

The indigenous AMCA program is also at the mercy of foreign powers. We don't produce our own turbofans and nobody is willing to transfer that sensitive tech to anybody.

Interesting, is the S-400 really this special to prioritise it over an F-35? Or perhaps politics with Russia were also at play.

Have you considered this bad boy instead?

You can't get more Rafales anytime soon. There are several other countries who have ordered before India already and are waiting in the pipeline. India might induct another platform.

I think Pakistan will get J-20 before the end of this decade.
My reasons for this are:
- Sheikh Rasheed would have never made such statement if negotiations on J-20 never happened
- J-20 if procured would be more of a stop gap 5th Gen fighter till Azm/TFX becomes a reality
- india is buying many new fighter jets soon I think 114 more and they will be twin engine either F-18 or Rafales
- PAF needs a heavy weight fighter since it doesn’t have any and J-20 will get it the necessary experience before Azm/TFX
- If PAF acquires a 5th Gen fighter jet, it will take india at least till 2035 to get a 5th Gen fighter not matter what
- PAF loves to keep an edge over iaf and when india procures it’s 114 rafales or f-18’s, PAF will lose the edge it has over iaf and to balance it and keep the edge we can very well go for J-20
- Senior members on this forum have said procurements for this decade will shape our strategy and they’ve hinted that response to india was in the form of multiple platforms including multiple fighter jets
- Russia being so heavily sanctioned has basically divided the world and sent it into Cold War era again. Pakistan choose it side despite all the talks about neutrality. Pakistan will be heavily armed by China
- Chinese counter to india is Pakistan and fro Pakistan to be able to take on india it need a cutting edge tech
- Balakot and these Indian false flags have changed the whole dynamics of the region. What’s the guarantee a full scale war won’t happen this year or 2024 elections or 2027 or 2029?

IMO, PAF will get J-20’s before 2030 probably even closer to 2026 or even 2024 ish.
ji,

The start of the deal for the J10's started over 15 years ago...Paf waited for the changes to be implemented---certain technologies to mature before the deliveries became imminent.

Same is the case for the J20's. I would not be surprised if the Paf has already prepared a to do list and presented it to the chinese to follow up, design and implement the necessary.

The J10 procurement has cut the umbilical cord for the Paf.

It would be a surprise if we see a new non chinese aircraft in the Paf colors in the future---setting aside the f16's.

I can't wait to hear what @Deino would have to say :)

I see smell the hair on the -------- burning

The internal simulation results of PLAAF show that when fifth gen meets 4.5 gen fighters, it is simply a slaughter, a pilot with only 100 hours in his J20 won a score of 0:20 over 4, 4.5 gen jets.

indeed, 5th gens are a game changer. in the US the simulated kill rate is like 120 something 4th gens for every one f-22 shot down.

The Indians I've spoken to believe their Rafale is enough to handle the J-20, they believe its stealth capabilities are sub-par and of course, that their IAF detected it on their Su-30 radar

The Indians I've spoken to believe their Rafale is enough to handle the J-20, they believe its stealth capabilities are sub-par and of course, that their IAF detected it on their Su-30 radar
J-35 excluded, in five years, we are going to have more than 400 J20, in ten years the number will reach 1000+, in 15 years, our sixth gen is ready to go, they can try to catch up with all sorts of acquisition.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom