What's new

Sheikh Rasheed confirms/hints about buying J-10 Jets

It would be great to see J-10Cs in PAF livery but somehow, I doubt PAF will induct them. From the time of placing order, getting it modified for PAF requirements, receiving them and forming squadrons, training all the ground crew/pilots for these fighters, and understanding the J-10Cs inside-out; it could take 7-10 years before PAF could use them effectively. Correct me if I'm wrong as my knowledge is a bit limited. :-)

I think, like some of our well known members on PDF, that PAF's best options are to try and acquire more JF-17 Blk 2s -- Blk 3 would be great -- at a faster rate than 12/year, if the production can be accelerated.

If the Trump administration is feeling kinder, some extra F-16s would be welcomed by PAF too.
Same "informed" told us that F-16V are coming lol :sniper:

It was geared more towards air superiority then anything in PAF inventory once it gets an AESA radar.
F-16V and J-10B/C is not as powerful like F-15/Su-27 in every terms, they have less rate of climb/ less radar ranges/less weapon carrying capabilities/ less capable to carrying electronics as compare to HEAVIES

F-16V and J-10B/C is not as powerful like F-15/Su-27 in every terms, they have less rate of climb/ less radar ranges/less weapon carrying capabilities/ less capable to carrying electronics as compare to HEAVIES
I just asked you why EFT 2000 is light yet is used as an air superiority fighter by the UK. Are you going to answer?

Musharraf was the greatest leader we had when it comes to defence enhancement.
During his era in 2004 PAF started Developing program 2025.
The plan was to massively modernise PAF in the next 20 years.
During Musharraf era PAF got Erieye and TPS-77 radarsin response to Indian acquisition of Green pine radar and Phalcon.
J-10 was part of that program.
Then came democracy and this happened.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1014942

Last edited:
Pakistan has no other option but to go with J10 because of delays in Chinese 5th Gen J-31

J-10A yes, but for J-10B/C is not, they have less capabilities then Heavies like J-11 series of jets in PLAAF
J-10 has enough capability to counter most of IAF like Mig-21, Tejas, Mig-29 and even Su-30 if comms can be jammed again and AWACS used correctly.

It makes Pakistan to go for the J31 , we can't keep playing catch up with India and keep wasting money on upgrades. If we buy J31s now it should keep us safe for the next 10 years and then AZM to take over after that.

Pakistan has no other option but to go with J10 because of delays in Chinese 5th Gen J-31
We're honored by your presence and glad to see you come out of cryogenic stasis...

Must be really busy with work, huh.

J-10 has enough capability to counter most of IAF like Mig-21, Tejas, Mig-29 and even Su-30 if comms can be jammed again and AWACS used correctly.
But its not a air superiority jet as you say like f15/su27 but a multi role jet and its main mission is to attack ground targets and its complementary to Chinese j11 series of jets

Back
Top Bottom