What's new

Sheikh Hasina got an amazing welcome in India !

At least some senior minister should have received her. The entourage also looks very disorderly. I am sure these things are discussed beforehand, but optics are important.

At least some senior minister should have received her. The entourage also looks very disorderly. I am sure these things are discussed beforehand, but optics are important.
Tarmac pe nahi recieve kartay hain aaj kal, last was Obama..

1662454361781.png

because US US hai.. so those optics based overtures

but otherwise formalities take place at the Rashtrapati Bhawan

Yes, but some senior minister should have gone. This is too meh
No I think mostly theek hai.. why do tattagiri of BDs ? :D

She got full state honours at the President's palace, our reps going to receive is always considered an 'extra step'... and karna hi hai toh heads ko bhejo, probably a bit of a misstep sending some low key rando but, hopefully they can make up in their mehman-nawazi and deal making.

It is normal protocol in most countries now, no more band baaja at the airport. In America, I don't think the President has ever received a head of state at the airport.

Tarmac pe nahi recieve kartay hain aaj kal, last was Obama..

View attachment 876574

because US US hai.. so those optics based overtures

but otherwise formalities take place at the Rashtrapati Bhawan
This is false. Narendra Modi received a lot of other Foreign PM/President in the airport in the last 4 years. This is just a few samples.

Israeli PM

Japanese PM

Saudi Crown Prince

This is false. Narendra Modi received a lot of other Foreign PM/President in the airport in the last 4 years. This is just a few samples.

Israeli PM

Japanese PM

Saudi Crown Prince
Ok, fair.

maybe a logistics thing, then ?

should be fine either way and not showing up on the tarmac shouldn't be seen as something bad. VIP movement really cripples Delhi, both the airspace and the roads

This is true. And if the meeting was in Bangalore we would have had to send boats to receive her.
saw some visuals, crazy.. like Mumbai at it's worst .. hope all ok with you

saw some visuals, crazy.. like Mumbai at it's worst .. hope all ok with you

Flooding is not far from where I live. Since 3 days I have been cancelling meetings because of this. As I write it is raining cats and dogs. Many neighbourhoods cut off from supplies. Boat services are running !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom