What's new

shall the burqa be banned??

shall the burqa be banned by the governments ?

• Total voters
And then there is security risk. I also remember UK case where teacher used to be in burqa to teach 5 years old. When fired she had no problem giving interview to tv channel without burqa...
thats just that one person and doesn't reflect on majority of burqa wearers…. i wouldn't stop or nor would i make anybody wear it… its the personal choice of the person…
me personally i would simply recommend them to not wear it… but its up to them in the end…

It sounds very rude, but it is a question that has spring up in my mind. Just what do you gain from covering up that much here? What are you covering up? Is it necessary?

All of which is none of my business. But imagine, if me a British Pakistani thinks that. What about the White British to whom this is alien to, if my involuntary reaction is strong, how strong must there's be.

I'm afraid thats a question only women themselves can answer

@Akheilos

It's so you don't look at a woman's tits while she's talking to you.

You don't have to be showing cleavage if you decide not wear a burqa. Where'd you make that jump between the two. IF covering up according Islamic principles is the need, the Burqa goes above and beyond that.

It sounds very rude, but it is a question that has spring up in my mind. Just what do you gain from covering up that much here? What are you covering up? Is it necessary?

All of which is none of my business. But imagine, if me a British Pakistani thinks that. What about the White British to whom this is alien to, if my involuntary reaction is strong, how strong must there's be.

Exactly, we can't really complain how whites think when many of us don't see any purpose in taliban style burqa in western countries. But UK is very liberal society and i hope it continue to be one, i just don't think muslims should take advantage of freedom and go extra mile by bringing practices which are not even neccesary in Islam like burqa.

10320596_10152352853326578_8944464977384902201_n.jpg

I am not against complete ban of burqa but there are some sensitive places where it must be remove for identification or security purpose
what you said is completely fine… even thinking of laws to ban the burqa should be considered a violation of human rights..

You don't have to be showing cleavage if you decide not wear a burqa. Where'd you make that jump between the two. IF covering up according Islamic principles is the need, the Burqa goes above and beyond that.

It's about women not wanting to objectify themselves whether it be her assets, face, or eyes. The thing is that humans are biased to physical looks above anything else. There a lot of people that look good with shit personalities, and a lot people with great personalities that are ugly.

Imagine if all Indians started covering their face, I might actually start taking them seriously.

Exactly, we can't really complain how whites think when many of us don't see any purpose in taliban style burqa in western countries. But UK is very liberal society and i hope it continue to be one, i just don't think muslims should take advantage of freedom and go extra mile by bringing practices which are not even neccesary in Islam like burqa.
if we passed laws to simply please people then what world would we live in??
@Jungibaaz

Talk about male chauvinism.
all the women that voted so far have voted against banning the burqa… the irony…

My jordanian and egyptian arab friends consider full covering of face by women (burkha) not compulsary in Islam. They said Hijaq where face is still visible fulfils islamic compulsions.

There are some streets here where you may walk down them and every woman you come across will be wearing the burqa.
Imagine that? I've lived among people here and I understand how many of them think.

I am certain many of them would be scared, frightened to see such a sight, those that aren't would feel very uncomfortable.

My jordanian and egyptian arab friends consider full covering of face by women (burkha) not based on Islam. They said only Hijaq where face is still visible is based on islamic compulsions.
its a cultural thing mainly…. islam only requires you to cover your hair i believe..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom